You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• Wessmyre
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On a more serious note... Anyone else notice that hacks and bots have been way down in the last 30 days?
  • thegrizz72
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Actually i have seen the opposite. Punkbuster going steady as is FAIRFIGHT.
  • MafiaDaD101
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    * removed rant *
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    See what happens when you post multiple profanity. Don't.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Status Update: I've still not heard back from EB on my appeal.
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Did you really expect a reply apart from the standard one
  • RustedRoot
    Don't think I've received the standard one either. I'll check again later.
  • Vic_dutchy
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Vic_dutchy wrote: »
    Said this in another thread as well,but i looked through some things and what struck me was that i have two instances of PB in my systems,do all have that?
    https://imgur.com/QlRML7t
    one in between the BF4 game files and one in the redist file.
    see some when looking into this who don't have the copy in the BF4 files.
    Talked about this before and got a responce from Alex J. where he says that this isn't normal,so maybe people can react on this?
    Depending on where and how the services are configured, this could happen, but is not 'normal'.

That being said, simply having PunkBuster service configured incorrectly would not trigger violations. Instead you receive 'Restriction' kicks, like what you have provided before. These 'restriction' kicks cannot accumulate to a ban either.
    Wonder if that last statement can be false,not accusing him,but him just not being aware of that in the end a ban emerges.

For anyone who wants to see where that reaction comes from let me know,i'll post the link to my ticket,but don't start to respond there.

• Sk1lld
    585 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    Don't think I've received the standard one either. I'll check again later.

My son told me yesterday, that he had gotten a PB ban once. He had proof he was not cheating, but it still took 4 months for EB to clear it.

Given the number of bans with this code, I wouldn't expect a quick answer.

GL
  • Thealexey921
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi, everybody! We are going to make a mass list of playerd, banned "for nothing" by PunkBuster. We want to appeal it, using a big list of banned players. We need your help with it. As I am making that list, I need to know your Guid, the game, you were banned in and your game nickname. You can write me a message here: https://forums.battlefield.com/ru-ru/profile/Thealexey921 ,or you can join my Discord server, where i write all the information at PunkBuster GUID BAN - #appeal. Here is the link to join it: [link removed - advertising / self promoting is not allowed] I am an admin there.

I wish you understood me, and we will make that list full.
    Sorry for my English, if there were any mistakes.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14198 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Thealexey921
    Please do not link to other services here ( such as discord ) as this violates the rules in regards to promoting / advertising.

The very reason we have not shut this thread is to give you and others a chance to discuss this issue here.

Thank you.

• Thealexey921
    @Thealexey921
    Please do not link to other services here ( such as discord ) as this violates the rules in regards to promoting / advertising.

The very reason we have not shut this thread is to give you and others a chance to discuss this issue here.

Thank you.

Ok, sorry, didn't know that. Thank's for understanding.
  • HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I got a reply from EB, and while my ban wasn't lifted, it's worded different and I want to share. Instead of simply closing the ticket and saying the ban will not be removed, the ticket status changed to this:
    NOTE: This ticket is currently in a "User Action Required" state. This means that we need you to provide additional information to us. Please read the last note added to your trouble ticket.
    The reply I received was from Alex J, it's a real reply, just short and to the point about software. It simply reads
    Note #17: MSI Afterburner is already in our software testing suite, to avoid false detections.

We test many of the commonly used applications (Steam,nVidia Shadowplay,Logitech,RAZOR,etc) and anti-virus software (AVG,AVAST,ESET,McAfee,etc).

I know it's basic, but it feels like they're at least open to ruling some software out. The User Action Required state, also lends to that feeling. I know it's no game changer, but I'm just glad it wasn't simply closed with a generic reply. Perhaps they're starting to be open to the fact it may be a false detection. Either way, I wasn't made to feel like a criminal, so it's progress imo
  • Thealexey921
    I know it's basic, but it feels like they're at least open to ruling some software out. The User Action Required state, also lends to that feeling. I know it's no game changer, but I'm just glad it wasn't simply closed with a generic reply. Perhaps they're starting to be open to the fact it may be a false detection. Either way, I wasn't made to feel like a criminal, so it's progress imo
    U say right things, so if we want to tell them, that it is there program fault, we need to make a list of players with that problem. With such list they might understand the problem.

• StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    U say right things, so if we want to tell them, that it is there program fault, we need to make a list of players with that problem. With such list they might understand the problem.

You don't need a list of players. They have the list themselves, they know exactly who is on it.
  • One_NikS
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I was globally banned by PB about two weeks ago so I reached out to EB with an appeal... to no avail. No responses, nothing - as if I never even sent them a trouble ticket at all.
    What I can't figure out is the reason for the ban: I played fine on March 26th, left for a field trip and when I returned on March 30th I was welcomed by a global ban (imagine my frustration then), so that means no software could have been the cause of the ban.
    I'm definately not buying the game again, that's certain.
  • StarscreamUK
    The detection is done silently, it doesn't happen just before the ban, they log for long periods and ban in waves. So although you are banned on the 30th, you could have not played for days/weeks before and still have been detected before.

I'm not saying you cheated, I'm saying detected, that means whatever was detected.
  • One_NikS
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    What strikes me is that they didn't even provide a reason for the ban so I'm really, really confused. There's still obviously hope that this situation gets resolved sometime but I frankly don't believe that is going to happen anytime soon (if ever). Still, it was pretty cool while it lasted, and totally worth every penny spent on the game.
  • RustedRoot
    ^ They don't provide a reason unless it is a false positive. If they tell the "suspected" cheater what triggered it, and it is a cheat program, then they are divulging exactly what they are looking for and that gives the cheat coders an upper hand.
  • Vic_dutchy
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    One_NikS wrote: »
    What strikes me is that they didn't even provide a reason for the ban so I'm really, really confused.
    You might want to try BF4DB,see if they give a reason since just following PB in this. There you might also find your guid for search option in the PBBans forum.
    Don't really like BF4Db since banning on ip adress as well,but for this info they are usefull. I can play on a new account almost everywhere again ,but not on BF4DB protected servers,like stealing a car and get sent to prison for life.Not that i cheat,but example to make clear what i mean.

So Kipling if you still follow this,our fights have to wait. ;)

@One_NikS,

Tried that and no ban there,so are you sure you have a ban?
This discussion has been closed.