Battlefield 2018

Comments

  • BaronVonGoon
    7054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi,
    This guys a really broken record
    Regards,
    Baronvongoon
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,
    This guys a really broken record
    Regards,
    Baronvongoon

    And he owes me 50 bucks too
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Hi,
    This guys a really broken record
    Regards,
    Baronvongoon

    And he owes me 50 bucks too
    Hi,
    When you repeatedly lie about what someone has said, then the correction to you, will be a repeat.
    If you stop lying about what someone has said, the conversation can progress.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Hi,
    This guys a really broken record
    Regards,
    Baronvongoon

    And he owes me 50 bucks too
    Hi,
    When you repeatedly lie about what someone has said, then the correction to you, will be a repeat.
    If you stop lying about what someone has said, the conversation can progress.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    There was no lying. You just won't read cause it puts your argument to rest. Only person preventing this conversation is yourself.

    But hey do what you like....no law against sounding ridiculous.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Hi,
    This guys a really broken record
    Regards,
    Baronvongoon

    And he owes me 50 bucks too
    Hi,
    When you repeatedly lie about what someone has said, then the correction to you, will be a repeat.
    If you stop lying about what someone has said, the conversation can progress.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    There was no lying. You just won't read cause it puts your argument to rest. Only person preventing this conversation is yourself.

    But hey do what you like....no law against sounding ridiculous.
    Hi,
    Incorrect. You repeatedly stated "For a person who never purchased BF1 you sure have a lot of opinions on it based on no experience whatsoever." from page 52.
    I never made a statement based on BF1. The statements were clearly based on BF3 and BF4 as per my text :

    "I never bought BF1 - so i would not know what to expect if BF V was based on BF1. All i know is that the netcode issues were so bad for BF3 and BF4 at launch for over a year - so i expect the same for BF V.
    Even if BF1 was ok at release - i never saw DICE/EA reusing code to ensure that BF3, BF4 was relatively bug free at launch. ".

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Hi,
    This guys a really broken record
    Regards,
    Baronvongoon

    And he owes me 50 bucks too
    Hi,
    When you repeatedly lie about what someone has said, then the correction to you, will be a repeat.
    If you stop lying about what someone has said, the conversation can progress.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    There was no lying. You just won't read cause it puts your argument to rest. Only person preventing this conversation is yourself.

    But hey do what you like....no law against sounding ridiculous.
    Hi,
    Incorrect. You repeatedly stated "For a person who never purchased BF1 you sure have a lot of opinions on it based on no experience whatsoever." from page 52.
    I never made a statement based on BF1. The statements were clearly based on BF3 and BF4 as per my text :

    "I never bought BF1 - so i would not know what to expect if BF V was based on BF1. All i know is that the netcode issues were so bad for BF3 and BF4 at launch for over a year - so i expect the same for BF V.
    Even if BF1 was ok at release - i never saw DICE/EA reusing code to ensure that BF3, BF4 was relatively bug free at launch. ".

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    You have...your critique of bullet deviation and your belief it's tied to lag. So yes you HAVE made claims to a game you never played or understand.

    Since your comprehension skills are lacking let me break this down to you. You played BF3 and BF4....you state these had poor launches...no argument. But you are staying that based off of those two games BFV will be bad. Now pay attention here...dont skip reading....there were TWO releases after BF4. Both that have had improved launches...BF1 had a successful launch, all the problems that made BF4 unplayable in the beginning were not there. But you wouldn't know cause you haven't played. Instead you take that data and throw it away and make judgement pretending that BF4 was their last game they made. And this is why you are not taken seriously.

    While we are at it why don't we make a prediction on the next windows OS based off of Windows ME.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Hi,
    This guys a really broken record
    Regards,
    Baronvongoon

    And he owes me 50 bucks too
    Hi,
    When you repeatedly lie about what someone has said, then the correction to you, will be a repeat.
    If you stop lying about what someone has said, the conversation can progress.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    There was no lying. You just won't read cause it puts your argument to rest. Only person preventing this conversation is yourself.

    But hey do what you like....no law against sounding ridiculous.
    Hi,
    Incorrect. You repeatedly stated "For a person who never purchased BF1 you sure have a lot of opinions on it based on no experience whatsoever." from page 52.
    I never made a statement based on BF1. The statements were clearly based on BF3 and BF4 as per my text :

    "I never bought BF1 - so i would not know what to expect if BF V was based on BF1. All i know is that the netcode issues were so bad for BF3 and BF4 at launch for over a year - so i expect the same for BF V.
    Even if BF1 was ok at release - i never saw DICE/EA reusing code to ensure that BF3, BF4 was relatively bug free at launch. ".

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    You have...your critique of bullet deviation and your belief it's tied to lag. So yes you HAVE made claims to a game you never played or understand.

    Since your comprehension skills are lacking let me break this down to you. You played BF3 and BF4....you state these had poor launches...no argument. But you are staying that based off of those two games BFV will be bad. Now pay attention here...dont skip reading....there were TWO releases after BF4. Both that have had improved launches...BF1 had a successful launch, all the problems that made BF4 unplayable in the beginning were not there. But you wouldn't know cause you haven't played. Instead you take that data and throw it away and make judgement pretending that BF4 was their last game they made. And this is why you are not taken seriously.

    While we are at it why don't we make a prediction on the next windows OS based off of Windows ME.
    Hi,
    Your argument is based on BF V being a good release based on the claimed good release of BF1 and another game.
    You are therefore relying upon the past to predict the future.
    You then claim that i cannot rely upon the past to predict the future. Your logic incorrect and flawed. You cannot have it both ways.
    Evidence shows that despite BC1 and BC2 being relatively good releases, BF3 and more specifically BF4, had serious issues. Here is evidence that despite relatively good releases of BC1, BC2, that DICE/EA can seriously get it wrong.
    Therefore, it is a valid prediction that BF V will be a complete mess, just as you predict it will not.
    These are just opinions, and everyone is free to state their opinion.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Hi,
    This guys a really broken record
    Regards,
    Baronvongoon

    And he owes me 50 bucks too
    Hi,
    When you repeatedly lie about what someone has said, then the correction to you, will be a repeat.
    If you stop lying about what someone has said, the conversation can progress.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    There was no lying. You just won't read cause it puts your argument to rest. Only person preventing this conversation is yourself.

    But hey do what you like....no law against sounding ridiculous.
    Hi,
    Incorrect. You repeatedly stated "For a person who never purchased BF1 you sure have a lot of opinions on it based on no experience whatsoever." from page 52.
    I never made a statement based on BF1. The statements were clearly based on BF3 and BF4 as per my text :

    "I never bought BF1 - so i would not know what to expect if BF V was based on BF1. All i know is that the netcode issues were so bad for BF3 and BF4 at launch for over a year - so i expect the same for BF V.
    Even if BF1 was ok at release - i never saw DICE/EA reusing code to ensure that BF3, BF4 was relatively bug free at launch. ".

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    You have...your critique of bullet deviation and your belief it's tied to lag. So yes you HAVE made claims to a game you never played or understand.

    Since your comprehension skills are lacking let me break this down to you. You played BF3 and BF4....you state these had poor launches...no argument. But you are staying that based off of those two games BFV will be bad. Now pay attention here...dont skip reading....there were TWO releases after BF4. Both that have had improved launches...BF1 had a successful launch, all the problems that made BF4 unplayable in the beginning were not there. But you wouldn't know cause you haven't played. Instead you take that data and throw it away and make judgement pretending that BF4 was their last game they made. And this is why you are not taken seriously.

    While we are at it why don't we make a prediction on the next windows OS based off of Windows ME.
    Hi,
    Your argument is based on BF V being a good release based on the claimed good release of BF1 and another game.
    You are therefore relying upon the past to predict the future.
    You then claim that i cannot rely upon the past to predict the future. Your logic incorrect and flawed. You cannot have it both ways.
    Evidence shows that despite BC1 and BC2 being relatively good releases, BF3 and more specifically BF4, had serious issues. Here is evidence that despite relatively good releases of BC1, BC2, that DICE/EA can seriously get it wrong.
    Therefore, it is a valid prediction that BF V will be a complete mess, just as you predict it will not.
    These are just opinions, and everyone is free to state their opinion.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Your comment "Your argument is based on BF V being a good release based on the claimed good release of BF1 and another game.
    You are therefore relying upon the past to predict the future.
    You then claim that i cannot rely upon the past to predict the future. Your logic incorrect and flawed. You cannot have it both ways." Just shows how again you don't read and lack comprehension.

    But hey at least you're consistent on it. I'm not going to flood this thread anymore trying to hold your hand through how your comparison is jaded and skewed, you don't want to read and I don't care anymore.

    Just note I'll continue to call your inaccuracies and deception when you post.
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Confirmed BF V will go back to the Wild West posting links later on.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Confirmed BF V will go back to the Wild West posting links later on.

    I thought it was the revolutionary war?
  • ColdLattes
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It is no fun without aircraft carriers :disappointed:

    make it fun... plz
  • Elite_Guard_Yuto
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It is no fun without aircraft carriers :disappointed:

    make it fun... plz

    I think we don't see proper home bases anytime soon. Neither as a vehicle.
  • Psychopski
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    1. AOE, AT Rocket and Grenade Spam.

    I certainly hope that BF2018 moves away from the horrific, over the top, out of control use of grenade and explosives spam we see in BF1.

    I’m not sure why but this Meta never seemed like such a game breaking issue in BF4.

    For instance think back to playing Operation Locker and compare that experience to the nightmare experience that is Fort De Vaux. Me and my bros loved Operation Locker yet we hate Fort De Vaux because of the out of control AOE and grenade spam.

    As far as the two maps, same general concept, no vehicles, similar types of maps, yet Fort De Vaux is one of the most “unfun” maps in the entire game mostly because of grenade and AOE explosives spam. I never recall this type of AOE and grenade spam nightmare when playing Operation Locker. Why is that?

    Whatever the case I hope similar type maps in BF2018 bring back the fun factor we experienced in Operation Locker. I hope to never again experience the unadulterated Explosive spam BS we see in BF1’s Fort de Vaux.


    2. Scoreboard. For BF 2018 I hope to see More emphasis on Teamwork and less emphasis on K/D and selfish game play.

    I’d like to see DICE and all team based shooters put more emphasis on team work and unselfish game play. Where to start?

    -adding total revives, total heals and total resupplies to the scoreboard would be a start.
    -less emphasis on and fewer points awarded for kills.
    -less emphasis on K/D and more emphasis on teamwork.
    -again, start with the scoreboard and awarding more points for capture, defense, revives, heals, resupplies and other squad support actions.

    3. DICE ruined Conquest and the 5 man squad when they moved the Meta from 15 v 15 to 32 v 32.

    Too many players(32 v 32) per map destroys the impact and “fun factor” of running in a 5 man squad. Me and my bros had infinitely more fun playing BF4 in a 5 man squad when it was 15 v 15.


    Just because DICE can cram 64 players into a match, that doesn’t necessarily result in a more enjoyable game experience. In fact most of my friends that made the transition from Xbox 360 and 15 v 15 to Xbox One and 32 v 32 hated the game with so many more players per Conquest match. Truth be told we all hooked back up our 360 went back to playing 15 v 15. I think that says a lot.

    I’d propose that DICE should cut back the total number of players for Conquest. Instead of reverting back to 15 v 15, which would surely make some players unhappy, we compromise and go with 24 v 24 while at the same time increase it the size of each squad to 6 players to give each squad the type of impact they had in a 5 man/15v15 setting.
    Post edited by Psychopski on
  • godsonTV
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pubg runs and looks like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, fortnite is just trash with terrible gun mechanics and that's it no other BR game is relevant h1z1 is dead and nothing else has a playerbase.

    Frostbite engine could make a pubg that doesn't run like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and the game would take off; they should definitely do it as a different IP or a spinoff of bf, not as a game mode for bf5 because that will just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ off hardcore bf players

    Just hope if they do make it they won't make it a bf heroes style game I want it to play like a BF game :|
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018


    Drakesden's newish info leak... for those who don't know...

    Note: One if the comments on this vid explains why there's no Swastikas in the German team if u read down far enough, so yeh...
    Post edited by Gnow1370 on
  • AlexFurman85
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • AlexFurman85
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Possible Maps, DLC, and Factions...

    Maps
    Stalingrad
    Crete
    London (Air Only)
    Guadalcanal
    Tunis (N. Africa)
    Normandy
    Tarawa
    Alsace Lorraine (France)
    Sipan
    The Philippines
    Eindhoven (Holland)
    Bastong (Argonne Forest)
    Iwo Jima
    Berlin
    Okinawa
    Tokyo (Air Only)
    N. Atlantic (Naval Only)

    Possible DLC
    Spanish Civil War (Pre WW2)
    Chinese Civil War
    N. Africa Campaign
    Special Operations
    Operation Unthinkable (Post WW2)

    Possible Factions
    Allies
    United States Army
    United States Marines
    British Army
    French Army/Resistance
    Soviet Army
    Nationalist Chinese

    Axis
    German Army
    Italian Army
    Fascist Spain
    Finish Army

    Other
    Communist Chinese
    Nationalist Spain
  • tempo_rarity
    1358 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Originally , I stated a preference for an ultra-modern 'everything-that-DARPA-will-allow' BF5 -- we're talkin' robotics and A.I. and drones et al -- a 'Scary FPS'.
    Lately though , I drool over what a today's-version-of-technology version of BF1942's Battle Of Britain might look and feel like .
    Even back then when I played BofB I 'was there' in terms of player-immersion but it was always 'clunky' , but now when I add today's tech? . . . Whew!
    . . and Whoa! (those Ships Shell blast shockwaves)
    . . and Yikes! (those strafing fly-by's)
    . . .and swaying grass and forests that fall and things that crumble and burn and on and on . .

    As it was a WORLD at war , there's definitely no shortage of storyboards or character actors available -- the DLC's can flow like water afterwards .
    EA/Dice -- all You have to do this time is 'Get It Right' -- take all the time you think you need to prepare and assemble the ingredients you have these days into the best creation you've ever concocted .
    Everything in WWII where things 'went wrong' or 'went right' is well-documented -- this time though , the key ingredient is YOU studying YOURSELVES in this same way as you prepare this fantastic feast .
    If you nail History after studying and improving upon your own History , you'll make History .

    Take all the time you think you need .
    BF2019? no-o problem , if you Get It Right .
    I can drool a bit longer .
  • OP_TSODIAC
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How about a Greek faction?Greeks held and drove back the Italian-Albanian forces from Greece.Also they held the Axis powers more than any Allied power at the time greece:219
    norway:61
    france:43
    poland:30
    belgium:18
    the netherlands:4
    yugoslavia:3
    denmark:0
    czechoslovakia:0
    luxembourg:0
  • Elite_Guard_Yuto
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Psychopski wrote: »
    I’d propose that DICE should cut back the total number of players for Conquest. Instead of reverting back to 15 v 15, which would surely make some players unhappy, we compromise and go with 24 v 24 while at the same time increase it the size of each squad to 6 players to give each squad the type of impact they had in a 5 man/15v15 setting.

    That or better level design (i.e better use of size, less chokepoints, use of elevation and cover and scrapping idea with realistic "immersive" locations) made by gameplay developing part of team.
This discussion has been closed.