Weekly BF

Is bf1 dead

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2018
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    The game is trash, save that money.

Trash that you seem to have played for around 2000 hours... hard to take that statement seriously. :wink:

Ontopic: I always get into games very fast, during work hours I might have to join a short queue (1-2 minutes) or play a server a bit further away which is fine as well.

1552 hours and having played that amount I can tell that the game is in its worst state ever, my experience of the games decline having played it in all different stages somehow invalidates my assessment of it? Your deductive powers is also something of that sort. ;)

I'll take the time to get on a soapbox here, buff the flash flare! That thing is seriously underpowered, I've killed countless people by mistake with the spot flare yet I can barely kill a single one shooting them in the face with the flash flare.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You still seem to play every day. Usually when I don't like a game, I tend to stop playing it.

You might think the game has been better before, and that's fine, but you can't say a game is trash if you keep playing it every day.

I might have enjoyed BF4 more than I enjoy BF1, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend BF1. It's still an amazing game and definitely worth buying!
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You still seem to play every day. Usually when I don't like a game, I tend to stop playing it.

You might think the game has been better before, and that's fine, but you can't say a game is trash if you keep playing it every day.

I might have enjoyed BF4 more than I enjoy BF1, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend BF1. It's still an amazing game and definitely worth buying!

You don't know how I play the game, getting into them blowouts and seasoning it with salt while working on the K/D is still sort of a game but it's nothing like the game was before the TTK apocalypse when PTFO was still somewhat of a thing. I've paid for the game so I can get on it and play every day as counterproductive as I want because that's apparently what Scouts are supposed to.
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Temp1st wrote: »

Medic needs help sadly, Their real choices of guns are pretty limited. RSC (One of the best guns in the game), Federov, AL8, Seb06 being the only really good choices right now.

I think its more the fact that a lot of medic rifles now suck, At least that what it has been for me and i main Medic/Support.

@WetFishDB
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yes the game is dead..how you know? there is more temporary bans to cheaters that perma bans..i mean cheaters getting temporary bans? like what?
    also forget about quickmatching server it will trow you 90% of time on empty server, all old dlc maps are dead... late at night servers just die after 2-3 rounds, everybody leave and quictkmatch is broken to fill servers up
  • WetFishDB
    2019 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Medic needs help sadly, Their real choices of guns are pretty limited. RSC (One of the best guns in the game), Federov, AL8, Seb06 being the only really good choices right now.

I think its more the fact that a lot of medic rifles now suck, At least that what it has been for me and i main Medic/Support.

@WetFishDB

Not sure why I’m tagged - although it is rather apt. I entirely disagree Temp1st.

The FQH and Howell Sniper are awesome general purpose guns. My best KPM guns.

The Federov and M1907 being great in close quarters. The AL Extended brutal in extreme close quarters and can compete with some SMG’s.

For larger maps the Selb and to a degree RSC can be pretty brutal. RSC can be nasty in the right hands on lots of maps. .35 skill a great 1:1 skill cannon.

And exclusively have the Auto Revolver which I think is one of the best pistol.

They pretty much have the most flexible guns in the game.
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

@WetFishDB

Not sure why I’m tagged - although it is rather apt. I entirely disagree Temp1st.

The Federov and M1907 being great in close quarters. The AL Extended brutal in extreme close quarters and can compete with some SMG’s.

For larger maps the Selb and to a degree RSC can be pretty brutal. RSC can be nasty in the right hands on lots of maps. .35 skill a great 1:1 skill cannon.

I tagged you exactly for that reason.
  • WetFishDB
    2019 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

@WetFishDB

I tagged you exactly for that reason.

You know me too well ;)
  • Quaak_lu
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    game isnt dead..its currently taking its last breath before dying.
    Dont bother buying it. Better invest that money into a different franchize
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well lets see.. Howell and FH have 2nd lowest DPS of all SLR's only being beaten out by the Seb16. While RSC will kill faster by about 130ms.
    If you have good aim RSC is a 0-70m gun (99% of engagements that matter) RSC is also more accurate than the AL8.35 varients while being able to kill 3 people in one mag and essentially the same DPS.

AL8.25 is the king of close quarters now, Due to its larger magazine and very high DPS.

Medium range guns nothing really touches the RSC's power and superb ranged capability's while being able to kill up close. Enough bullets to kill 3 people in on magazine is more than enough.

Now while Federov and M1907 have the same DPS, Federov is more forgiving and has better variants overall. Less recoil overall too.

So yeah, RSC trashes the other ranged options at ranges that will most likely be PTFO distances were you are reviving the squad, And Federov and AL8.25 are the kings of close quarters. Seb06 is pretty fast killer too with very good stats.

Honestly if i was going to use a SLR with a slow as molasses TTK i would probably just pick the accuracy option with the Seb16.
    3HKO at any range as well.

Point being, if you are up close with anything other than the sub 400 TTK guns you are most likely dead. So that pretty much leaves AL8 and RSC.
    Even so you are still at about a 100ms disadvantage vs things like the SMG08.

200ms if you are using the Howell. You might as well just kiss yourself goodbye at that point.

And that is what makes the RSC so good in the end and the real choice for the SLR's; It kills as fast as the fastest killers while retaining very good ranged capability's.
  • WetFishDB
    Well lets see.. Howell and FH have 2nd lowest DPS of all SLR's only being beaten out by the Seb16. While RSC will kill faster by about 130ms.
    If you have good aim RSC is a 0-70m gun (99% of engagements that matter) RSC is also more accurate than the AL8.35 varients while being able to kill 3 people in one mag and essentially the same DPS.

AL8.25 is the king of close quarters now, Due to its larger magazine and very high DPS.

Medium range guns nothing really touches the RSC's power and superb ranged capability's while being able to kill up close. Enough bullets to kill 3 people in on magazine is more than enough.

Now while Federov and M1907 have the same DPS, Federov is more forgiving and has better variants overall. Less recoil overall too.

So yeah, RSC trashes the other ranged options at ranges that will most likely be PTFO distances were you are reviving the squad, And Federov and AL8.25 are the kings of close quarters. Seb06 is pretty fast killer too with very good stats.

Honestly if i was going to use a SLR with a slow as molasses TTK i would probably just pick the accuracy option with the Seb16.

Point being, if you are up close with anything other than the sub 400 TTK guns you are most likely dead. So that pretty much leaves AL8 and RSC.

200ms if you are using the Howell. You might as well just kiss yourself goodbye at that point.

And that is what makes the RSC so good in the end and the real choice for the SLR's; It kills as fast as the fastest killers while retaining very good ranged capability's.

So, raw TTK isn’t the be all and end all. Recoil, spread, magazine size, and damage drop off all play their party in all round guns.

The RSC only wins if you get both shots on target. One missed and it then drops off the top spot. That’s where other guns might be slightly better. The Howell also has much more accuracy when bipoded and has the ammo to down a whole squad

As for other guns, and you being dead. If you are relying on just the gun, then you aren’t going to do all that well with any weapon. Positioning and awareness much more important. As well as trying to ensure your enagement distances are optimal for your gun of choice.

Point being, medics have the widest variety of guns out there - which was the point I was refuting.
  • WetFishDB

Also worth pointing out, if your aim is THAT good, then two headshots from a Howell would beat an RSC of course.
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You don't know how I play the game, getting into them blowouts and seasoning it with salt while working on the K/D is still sort of a game but it's nothing like the game was before the TTK apocalypse when PTFO was still somewhat of a thing. I've paid for the game so I can get on it and play every day as counterproductive as I want because that's apparently what Scouts are supposed to.

Honestly, and we have devs that won't admit there are issues so you get trash from here on out until whatever and whenever.
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not dead, but the community is not in a healthy state anymore really. And the skeleton crew left on this game clearly has no idea what they are doing anymore. Of course they will never admit that and just keep on pressing those buttons.
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The RSC only wins if you get both shots on target. One missed and it then drops off the top spot. That’s where other guns might be slightly better. The Howell also has much more accuracy when bipoded and has the ammo to down a whole squad

You can apply this line of argument to the Howell. TTK difference between RSC and Howell is 132ms.
    A missed shot with the Howell costs the TTK time by 247ms. So if you miss one shot and it requires 4, Your TTK is now 715.
    A missed shot with the RSC costs 349. This will change it to 686. Missing one shot will still put RSC on top.

Another thing to add is two shots you can 3 frame people with the RSC. First shot goes out as soon as you click, Second shot comes
    168ms later. From the opposing side this will look like a 1 shot most of the time, On the other end Howell will require another 312ms or 5 frames.
    This is huge for potential reaction time.

Out of all the "Skill cannons" RSC has the highest kill potential. AL8 and Seb06 is 1 kill guns, Were RSC has enough for 3. This alone gives it a huge advantage, And is not so different from guns like the Mondragon or Cei Rigotti.

Bipod is really irrelevant when you are up with the assaults and pushing objectives. RSC has enough accuracy to kill people further than you can realistically see in most cases anyways from standing. after 100m ranged capability's really becomes moot as you are just a wannabe scout at that point.

Killing a assault from one side of the bridge to the other on Rupture is not a insane shot for that rifle. And that bridge is almost 100m.

This goes back to the point i made earlier: If my DPS is gonna be trash, Seb16 is the better choice for being a wannabe scout.
    3BTK no matter the distance + lower spread increase per shot makes it a better "Long range" gun.

So to be honest the large mag guns are more of a safety net at the cost performance.
    The fact that the Howell is straight better than some of the other guns like the Mondragon is a balance oversight.
    General Liu is still a joke,
    Howell has better variants than the FH,
    M1907 gets overshadowed by the Federov, due to ease of use and generally acting more like a SMG.
    And the Cei Rigotti is in a weird spot were it just does everything okay but nothing great. Still decent at close range.

Were the really strong and better choices for medic are the killing machines like the RSC due to its good accuracy and very high damage,
    The Federov due to its ease of use and close range nature,
    The AL8 variants because of their DPS and great stats,
    And the Seb06 due to it's skill cannon nature and great stats besides the magazine.

The problem lies in that to be up close and reviving assaults you will be engaging other assaults and close range supports,
    You need a gun that will drop people rather fast so you can get your revives off. And this is were the RSC shines, Fast up close and can take those medium range shots no problem. It's the best of both worlds.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ded

tenor.gif?itemid=4986907 ..
  • WetFishDB

You can apply this line of argument to the Howell. TTK difference between RSC and Howell is 132ms.
    A missed shot with the Howell costs the TTK time by 247ms. So if you miss one shot and it requires 4, Your TTK is now 715.
    A missed shot with the RSC costs 349. This will change it to 686. Missing one shot will still put RSC on top.

Another thing to add is two shots you can 3 frame people with the RSC. First shot goes out as soon as you click, Second shot comes
    168ms later. From the opposing side this will look like a 1 shot most of the time, On the other end Howell will require another 312ms or 5 frames.
    This is huge for potential reaction time.

Out of all the "Skill cannons" RSC has the highest kill potential. AL8 and Seb06 is 1 kill guns, Were RSC has enough for 3. This alone gives it a huge advantage, And is not so different from guns like the Mondragon or Cei Rigotti.

Bipod is really irrelevant when you are up with the assaults and pushing objectives. RSC has enough accuracy to kill people further than you can realistically see in most cases anyways from standing. after 100m ranged capability's really becomes moot as you are just a wannabe scout at that point.

Killing a assault from one side of the bridge to the other on Rupture is not a insane shot for that rifle. And that bridge is almost 100m.

This goes back to the point i made earlier: If my DPS is gonna be trash, Seb16 is the better choice for being a wannabe scout.
    3BTK no matter the distance + lower spread increase per shot makes it a better "Long range" gun.

So to be honest the large mag guns are more of a safety net at the cost performance.
    The fact that the Howell is straight better than some of the other guns like the Mondragon is a balance oversight.
    General Liu is still a joke,
    Howell has better variants than the FH,
    M1907 gets overshadowed by the Federov, due to ease of use and generally acting more like a SMG.
    And the Cei Rigotti is in a weird spot were it just does everything okay but nothing great. Still decent at close range.

Were the really strong and better choices for medic are the killing machines like the RSC due to its good accuracy and very high damage,
    The Federov due to its ease of use and close range nature,
    The AL8 variants because of their DPS and great stats,
    And the Seb06 due to it's skill cannon nature and great stats besides the magazine.

The problem lies in that to be up close and reviving assaults you will be engaging other assaults and close range supports,
    You need a gun that will drop people rather fast so you can get your revives off. And this is were the RSC shines, Fast up close and can take those medium range shots no problem. It's the best of both worlds.

Sure 1:1, ignoring positioning and aim and all the other variables in play, an assault is going to beat you up close in raw TTK terms - but it should. That’s balance. But, medics have a variety of guns that kill PDQ in close quarters and at medium range - each with pros and cons.

I’m not sure where any of this does anything other than counter your argument about lack of options for medic. You clearly are an RSC fan. Great. I prefer the Howell for general use - suits my style better, and the Federov or AL Extended for close quarters. Again, that’s further argument that there is decent variety.

Out of interest, how do your KPM stats compare across the medic guns and what modes do you play? Personally the Howell is my fastest KPM at 2.4 (joint with FQH), and that’s almost exclusively Conquest.

I’d go so far as to argue that the medic guns are the most varied of the classes. I see lots of Hellriegels on Assault still, the new IMG lots for Support, and the Ross/Martini Henry for Scout - but with medic I see all sorts of guns having a reasonable share.

Why do you believe that medic needs even better guns?
  • HuwJarz
    3916 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the problem here with the medic guns is that some people take it far too seriously. Find one you like and shoot. That's how most of us do it.

If they were only one or two good ones, then those two would dominate the usage stats like 10A and Hellreighal, but in medic they don't. Therefore BS is being spouted.

There are loads of versatile and specialist range medic guns . Just like @WetFishDB says.

End of debate.
  • mconheady
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't buy.
    I'm a huge BF fan and every since 3 I have been let down. They tend to reskin the old broken junk, reduce features, release the most unbalanced maps combined with simply ignorant spawns and team balance.

This game has been out for years and fundamental mechanics are still broken. That does not instill faith in any player, old or new. Want to jump over that small bump of dirt? NOPE. Scaling- broken. Revives - broken. Battlepacks - broken.
    That the f is even going on with these campaigns, medals, and perks? it's the most confusing mess of a system. Leaning - broken. Want to mute that annoying player? guess what - broken still. Matchmaking-- it's great if you like doing your taxes inbetween rounds. Want to join a game - get ready to land on the losing team with 3 seconds left on the clock - oh time for a 20 minute break until the next round loads.
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its still funny how many claim its dead, when if it was that dead to them they would have most likely move on, forums included. Oh well, thin the herd and leave more players that like the game!