Is bf1 dead

Comments

• lllPeligrolll
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    You still seem to play every day. Usually when I don't like a game, I tend to stop playing it.

You might think the game has been better before, and that's fine, but you can't say a game is trash if you keep playing it every day.

I might have enjoyed BF4 more than I enjoy BF1, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend BF1. It's still an amazing game and definitely worth buying!

You don't know how I play the game, getting into them blowouts and seasoning it with salt while working on the K/D is still sort of a game but it's nothing like the game was before the TTK apocalypse when PTFO was still somewhat of a thing. I've paid for the game so I can get on it and play every day as counterproductive as I want because that's apparently what Scouts are supposed to.

While I agree with you that ttk2 sucks(I use to think it was good until A few hundred hours), Looking at your stats, I don't really see any hinderance in your gameplay? If we look you up on battlefield trackers you've steadily improved. Look at your recent games and the Recent KD for a week straight is way above your regular KD. It seems to be you're doing well despite the ttk changes. I don't see how TTK2 should affect you to the degree you can't PTFO as a scout. ttk2 makes it annoying, but it shouldn't damn near stop you.
  • FlashFlareFTW
    4024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    You still seem to play every day. Usually when I don't like a game, I tend to stop playing it.

You might think the game has been better before, and that's fine, but you can't say a game is trash if you keep playing it every day.

I might have enjoyed BF4 more than I enjoy BF1, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend BF1. It's still an amazing game and definitely worth buying!

You don't know how I play the game, getting into them blowouts and seasoning it with salt while working on the K/D is still sort of a game but it's nothing like the game was before the TTK apocalypse when PTFO was still somewhat of a thing. I've paid for the game so I can get on it and play every day as counterproductive as I want because that's apparently what Scouts are supposed to.

While I agree with you that ttk2 sucks(I use to think it was good until A few hundred hours), Looking at your stats, I don't really see any hinderance in your gameplay? If we look you up on battlefield trackers you've steadily improved. Look at your recent games and the Recent KD for a week straight is way above your regular KD. It seems to be you're doing well despite the ttk changes. I don't see how TTK2 should affect you to the degree you can't PTFO as a scout. ttk2 makes it annoying, but it shouldn't damn near stop you.

It has nothing to do with my personal performance, it's all about the gameplay. I worked hard to improve my game and as I got better the game got worse, I feel betrayed by DICE who released one thing and then completely morphed it into this abomination.

I don't much PTFO anymore, long range sniping with iron sights to teabag the scoped out nubs is the game.

• robmcewen
    2232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can pick up the Revolution edition of the game which includes all the DLC gun and map packs cheap in most places now, in my local Tesco's its £22. So if your wanting to cut your teeth on BF series before BF2018 comes out, its worth a deep in your pocket, despite some of its problems that have been patched in.

As for the best Medic rifle debate, I'm not one for looking too deep in to the stats of a gun and pick what feels right for me, but my go to gun is the Autoloading 8.25 extended, a good close quarter rifle with a nice clear view when aiming down sight and not to shabby hip fire. Didn't like the Howell, I just cant get used to its off centre sights even with the AA sight on it and I like iron sights over the optical sights.
  • Oskool_007
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 14
    BF1 is close to dead. There's only around 20 populated conquest servers left. I'm definitely getting tired of running into the same players over and over again due to the low player count.

Even this forum feels dead lately.
  • robmcewen
    2232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    Even this forum feels dead lately.

I've noticed this as well, especially look at old threads and seeing people who used to post all the time who you never see anymore. :'(

• bran1986
    3412 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think a "perfect storm" of crap has really put a hurting on the Battlefield 1 fan base. A combination of a half **** final expansion, ttk 2.0 completely destroying the gameplay, and horrific server performance(US east and Australia notably) has really hurt the game.
  • pwnedPewPew
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I think a "perfect storm" of crap has really put a hurting on the Battlefield 1 fan base. A combination of a half **** final expansion, ttk 2.0 completely destroying the gameplay, and horrific server performance(US east and Australia notably) has really hurt the game.

Why exactly did they change the TTK..does anyone know that?
  • pwnedPewPew
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    robmcewen wrote: »

Because the little known YouTuber MarbleDuck wanted it so he can run and gun with his smg's like a COD player, for him to then rage quiet the game because scouts kept killing him with their trip bomb's because he couldn't look where he was going.

Ah yes,I remember the Clip was uploaded here.
    So Dice is listening to a Youtuber?I´m not sure if this is a good strategyto keep all players satisfied..
  • FPSgamer69
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 14
    robmcewen wrote: »

Because the little known YouTuber MarbleDuck wanted it so he can run and gun with his smg's like a COD player, for him to then rage quiet the game because scouts kept killing him with their trip bomb's because he couldn't look where he was going.

Ah yes,I remember the Clip was uploaded here.
    So Dice is listening to a Youtuber?I´m not sure if this is a good strategyto keep all players satisfied..

would already be nice if it was a strategy..

also look always that youtubers have no recoil or spread on the weapons..and see more then me..lol
  • DonkeyReins
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 14
    Nm...
  • ProAssassin2003
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Honestly if you are wanting to buy a Battlefield just wait till Battlefield 2018.
  • HardAimedKid
    10536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dead.
  • THEARMAGEDDON24
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol this forum got large fast very large battlefield fan base so what do you guys think of COD....
  • RRedux
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not yet, but they are trying to make the game gradually worse as it gets closer to the new bf game release.
  • trm6
    271 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No. But yes.
  • FPSgamer69
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Not sure if it is dying.. or just for me
  • IG-Calibre
    631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GTA V a 4 year old game has nearly 60K people playing it @ the mo on PC alone, bf1 less than 20K. It's all gone schrodinger's really, but their eating cake and drinking champagne in DICE LA so they must be happy with the paltry numbers.
  • bapman63
    755 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 15
    Honestly if you are wanting to buy a Battlefield just wait till Battlefield 2018.

Or or, now this is just a suggestion, don't buy a dice game ever again, they can't be trusted. Insurgency Sandstorm is hopefully coming out soon. That's where my hard earned dollars are going.