for new players

bo_huggabee
88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited April 15
some basic tips for players that come here new and don't do the whole clan clique thing. from my personal experience. avoid clan lobbies. one or two members in a lobby can be ok/fair play. its safe to assume in clan based lobbies you will be put into many situations of spawn camps, invisibles, aim bots, or just basic connection cutting to provide advantages to clans. been this way since bf4, nothings changed here. admn in the lobbies are usually in on it too.

im talking down right dirty stuff like aiming at a guy's head right in front of you and they won't die...dropping a grenade right by one and it won't kill them stuff...or the firing and they teleport foreward to where they actually were at.

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    4284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Loool op is back at it. Seriously his thread-post ratio must be through the roof. How many threads this week?

• bo_huggabee
    edited April 15
    just count your comments baron...
  • bo_huggabee
    edited April 15
    Yeah I know what you mean. When I played in a clan they gave me an invisible bulletproof cloak with a switch to make nearby enemy players laggy. But it was too easy to play like that and unfair for players like you, so I quickly quit this clan.

Also in competitive games no one could see anyone because everyone was wearing this invisible cloak. The games became quickly boring and uninteresting. That's why the battlefield competitive scene never became big.

i know dude. i have video of a specific clan in bf4 that my rpg would fly right through their helicopter. i started to realize then just how come they get such a high k/d. it turned into either joining their side, or just leaving when they came around because no matter what you did, they wouldn't die... clans can't have us loners stepping on them when they have a 4 letter acronym to make them feel better about themselves. battlefield is only "big" because ea is shutting down all the competition and using dirty business tactics to sell products early at half content doubling/tripling profit. all it offers is more realistic ballistics which is why i play. if there were other shooters that offered realism with fair play without all the modding, i'd jump right on it.

though i did make my one man clan back in the day, during halo's golden era. i used to stomp on entire clans. they of course are a group of doodies, so no honor there.
  • crswipe
    415 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Still, nothing wrong with learning from your mistakes. Especially mistakes made against clans of players that repeatedly pummel you down. Learn your surroundings, pay attention to what's going on and never be afraid to take a chance. Watch what's happening in the respawn screen and plan a move from there. Never quit a match early, because sometimes it pays off and can be the most rewarding experience, simply from enduring. Improvise, adapt and overcome.
  • TG_JAZZY
    988 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crswipe wrote: »
    Still, nothing wrong with learning from your mistakes. Especially mistakes made against clans of players that repeatedly pummel you down. Learn your surroundings, pay attention to what's going on and never be afraid to take a chance. Watch what's happening in the respawn screen and plan a move from there. Never quit a match early, because sometimes it pays off and can be the most rewarding experience, simply from enduring. Improvise, adapt and overcome.

Spoken like a true trooper
  • HardAimedKid
    10536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh boy. Those dirty cheating clans with halo swords and level 3 helmets.
  • TEKNOCODE
    6825 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why play smart when you can create a crythread on the forum?
  • robmcewen
    2232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @bo_huggabee what platform do you play on?
  • TEKNOCODE
    6825 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Crystation 4
  • robmcewen
    2232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 15
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Crystation 4

LOL I think your right, but what would happens if you are faced with a clan all mounted on horses?
  • TEKNOCODE
    Crystation 4

LOL I think your right, but what would happens if you faced a clan all mounted on horses?
    giphy.gif
  • crswipe
    Why play smart when you can create a crythread on the forum?

Wait, this is a crythread? I gotta edit my post...
  • Imabaka70
    1429 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ok I'm in a clan and I never received my bullet proof invisiblity cloak that makes every enemy lag. What kind of tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theory is this?

Sure if one team has two clans of 8 players each and your team is mostly randoms you're gonna have a bad time.

This is a team based game where communication between squads is a way to guarantee better success it all aspects of the game. Knowing you have people that will revive or resupply each other, as well as let others know where enemies are.

If you want to play alone fine but don't come and complain that it's unfair others play the way you're suppose to, As a communicating squad.
  • bo_huggabee
    clans are like the man buns of video gaming. they all get together and man bun out while shopping for t-shirts.
  • crswipe
    clans are like the man buns of video gaming. they all get together and man bun out while shopping for t-shirts.

So like minded individuals playing a squad based game as a squad is effeminate in your eyes?
  • bo_huggabee
    edited April 15
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Ok I'm in a clan and I never received my bullet proof invisiblity cloak that makes every enemy lag. What kind of tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theory is this?

Sure if one team has two clans of 8 players each and your team is mostly randoms you're gonna have a bad time.

This is a team based game where communication between squads is a way to guarantee better success it all aspects of the game. Knowing you have people that will revive or resupply each other, as well as let others know where enemies are.

If you want to play alone fine but don't come and complain that it's unfair others play the way you're suppose to, As a communicating squad.

the only benefit to clan play is meant to be team speak...but there are alot of manipulations behind it. they build a reputation and exploit that with cheating in various forms. you have aim diversion where a bullet just flies off somewhere, ping modding, player displacement, times when you fired at the same time as them, but your bullet just disappears mid flight. esp hacks, damage hacks, aim assist are common, but people here really are so ignorant to think that the massive amounts of money involved in gaming hasn't resulted in a collapse of honesty in video gaming?

ya boxing, n professional motorsports are all completely honest as well. just like gamers that can't stop humping eachother's trash talk...

• LOLGotYerTags
    7295 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    edited April 15
    Yeah I know what you mean. When I played in a clan they gave me an invisible bulletproof cloak with a switch to make nearby enemy players laggy. But it was too easy to play like that and unfair for players like you, so I quickly quit this clan.

Also in competitive games no one could see anyone because everyone was wearing this invisible cloak. The games became quickly boring and uninteresting. That's why the battlefield competitive scene never became big.

i know dude.

Um, I think he was just being sarcastic a little ;)
    i have video of a specific clan in bf4 that my rpg would fly right through their helicopter.

Ya, That can happen and It can happen legitimately.

I've fired off RPG's at Transport choppers and Littlebirds and had no hit markers and no kill, Reason? The RPG flew through the open doors either side of the chopper at just the right angle to avoid a hit.

:D

Battlefield is a squad based game and is intended to be played that way, "clans" ( platoons ) offer players the opportunity to squad up and play for the win.

Seriously man, If you haven't played on a clan server with a clan, All chatting away on Discord, Communicating position of enemy flanks to your squad, you're missing out on a huge part of the game.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 16
    @bo_huggabee ...There is actual a ForumField Clan (FF) they happily accept players that are active on the forums with strong individual beliefs and independent opinion!
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 16
    OP, you should edit your post and advise new players to find a clan to play with, so they won't make a cry thread like you did.