horse riders need a serious nerfing

Comments

• crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    even in normal mode, they still need the same health as everyone else. its absolutely stupid that every other device you use, you have the same health, but for some reason a guy on a horse is invincible.

So you have never seen a cavalry die then? You know, being invincible and all...You sure you're playing the same game? Try the cavalry class for yourself and I'm sure you will end up dying every time you do.
  • Duece09
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hahaha.....Oh wait.....the OP was serious? Please tell me your kidding, I just might loose all faith in humanity.
  • crswipe
    Duece09 wrote: »
    Hahaha.....Oh wait.....the OP was serious? Please tell me your kidding, I just might loose all faith in humanity.

He made two threads, so I'd say doubly serious. Should read the one about how nimble his fingers are...
  • Duece09
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crswipe wrote: »

He made two threads, so I'd say doubly serious. Should read the one about how nimble his fingers are...

Oh boy, if I had a dooms day vault I’d go crawl into it never to be seen again.
  • crswipe
    crswipe wrote: »

Oh boy, if I had a dooms day vault I’d go crawl into it never to be seen again.

Yep. That serious. You can use mine if you like. You have to bring wine, women and song.
  • EoG_Alchemist
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We really back to this already? They have gone threw so much already and it is almost the end of BF1s lifecycle I say just keep them where they are at at this point.
  • Undesirable
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 16
    Well, as I said, if cavalry has the same armour* in hardcore as normal, then it needs to be nerfed in hardcore.
    even in normal mode, they still need the same health as everyone else. its absolutely stupid that every other device you use, you have the same health, but for some reason a guy on a horse is invincible.
    No they don't.
  • Sixclicks
    3120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Because they're wearing armor plates... duh. Regular infantry aren't running around with bullet resistant armor. Having the same health as infantry would make the cavalry class absolutely worthless. You're a big noticeable target that can't easily get cover. Every other "device" you use does not make you have the same health. Any of the elite class pickups such as the two types of sentries, flametrooper, trench raider, tank hunter, or infiltrator also have increased armor (because they're also wearing armor plates). Cavalry is like a mix between an elite kit and a light vehicle.
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've only ever seen about 4 people top the scoreboard with cav (and one of them was me), there is almost always 1-3 Calvary just sitting around in deploy screens, and 1 support laying down is basically hell for a cav. 1 person who notices a cav can easily force them to retreat for a few moments giving you enough time to get inside a building or some other defenseable position.

They're by far the weakest offensive vehicle in the game, anyone with a quarter of a brain can take them out solo because impact/incendiary​/gas/light AT grenade=half health horse and rider+bullets from your gun=dead horse and rider.

Don't forget a string of tripwires as you run in the open drawing the rider close.

Btw has it always been a thing that a rider can shoot straight behind themselves, 180 degrees from where they are facing? I thought they at least had to be at an angle...

Couldn't tell ya on the last point. I didn't really use cav until Turning Tides and I could shoot at directly behind me then, if that helps at all.
  • SaperioN
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    finally the horses are fine... just let em as they are
  • Imabaka70
    1949 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SaperioN wrote: »

But but but...... They is to stronk the op said he can't kill them they are so over powered.

Never mind that you can with relative ease just dance in a tight circle and out maneuver and gun down most Calvery players. If the Calvary is a decent player and high level Calvery it's more of a challenge.

If the op can post a video of himself going 30 or 40 and 0 using Calvery while magically getting bullets phasing thru him only then I'll believe they are to strong.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They also need to reduce the hitboxes for the sword and lance because you just have to be somewhere near the enemy for a swing to kill.

Way too OP.

/s
  • Sixclicks
    3120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 16
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    If the op can post a video of himself going 30 or 40 and 0 using Calvery while magically getting bullets phasing thru him only then I'll believe they are to strong.

Not gonna happen. I asked him for one days ago on his other crythread that said cavalry are near invulnerable.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/139960/worst-game-ive-ever-played/p1

Still have yet to see a video of the OP running around slaughtering the enemy while shrugging off all incoming damage with the invincible cavalry class.

I'm pretty sure at this point he's either a troll or just madcuzbad.
  • BaronVonGoon
    4455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Op is the T800 of trolls. Primitive design. His CPU preset is 'read-only', cannot be upgraded.
  • crswipe
    Op is the T800 of trolls. Primitive design. His CPU preset is 'read-only', cannot be upgraded.

Nah, he's an earlier model than that because obviously he can't aim.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    SaperioN wrote: »

But but but...... They is to stronk the op said he can't kill them they are so over powered.

Never mind that you can with relative ease just dance in a tight circle and out maneuver and gun down most Calvery players. If the Calvary is a decent player and high level Calvery it's more of a challenge.

I see it rather frequently.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Cyber-Whine Systems Model 101
  • bo_huggabee
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 17
    you guys really spent 5 pages to harass me? funny how i get banned for anything other than being a monkey in a cage full of monkeys throwing poop at each other...

yes the horses need a nerf, but because its the internet, you get one tool, and another stick, and eventually all you apes start building the same things together. its cute, but seriouslY?
  • bo_huggabee
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 17

your assumptions are based on your own self satisfaction, reimbursed by the group around you sporting in the same great achievement. but when you masterbate, do you score big every time and high five yourself, or call one another to tell eachother you just found a hand to screw and want to exchange techniques?

awaiting your comments on my next two threads...
  • BaronVonGoon
    4455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

your assumptions are based on your own self satisfaction, reimbursed by the group around you sporting in the same great achievement. but when you masterbate, do you score big every time and high five yourself, or call one another to tell eachother you just found a hand to screw and want to exchange techniques?

awaiting your comments on my next two threads...

Wuttenor.gif?itemid=10523537