Incursions for consoles

14567810»

Comments

• SirTerrible
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tried it and can confirm my suspicion that tanks make it a joke mode. It will fail unless they drop tanks.

when playing with organised teams tanks are a null-factor. to put it in perspective: in a comp match the tankers normally get less than 10 kills while the infys get in average about 20 each. mortar support, at assault, tank hunter tank... its not an easy life for the tankers... and these tankers are for sure not bad. it goes so far that certain ones already distance themselves from the mode again. what a tank is good for is to attract enemy attention... but that's about it.

of course a tank is very powerfull if u let it free roam. but as good players know that they won't let it do just thst and its really not hard to hold a tank back. it's comparable to the heavy bomber in the base game. of course if everyone is just complaining but not actually doing anything about it, it's gonna take advantage. but it's rally not thst big of an effort to take it down. the only one to blame when a tank is dominating is yourself or rather your team as a whole. if u want to blame yourself or your team mate is up to you. regardless the tank in incursions is for sure not op...

It's a distraction that completely takes away from the infantry focused skill-based gameplay that you would expect in a competitive mode. It's a bad gimmick. Serves no purpose other than for DICE to remind everyone that Battlefield is a game with vehicles. Adds nothing positive to a competitive mode such as this.

Reminds me of elite kits in Domination and TDM. Yawn.

with the difference that elite kits actually dominate these modes rather than just being a distraction. an elite kit in incursions wouldn't get sub 10 kills and die equal amount of times. it would get like 30 kills in one half time being in the right hands.... not even close to be comparable.

It's pretty comparable. If you had a competent team in TDM/Dom you could run gas and keep the kits to the outside of objectives (or in the case of TDM, keep them from running amok at least). Vs teams that can't coordinate both the elite and tank can run free and destroy, so basically it all boils down to having to waste energy on keeping the cheese elements irrelevant. Not a fan at all, I would have a lot more fun if it was strictly infantry and I know a lot of other people would too.
    -
    Just dropped a 50+ kill round and 90% of my energy was still focused on keeping the enemy tank away. Not a fan.
  • DrEbn
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Had my first wee game on the PS4 last night. Are there limited lobbies for the games? I imagine 4 minute waiting times will put a lot of players off. Also, is Incursions available on PC through the main game or is still a separate client? I honestly think this game mode will bring a good few players back. I loved the pace and teamwork involved despite John Rambo'ing it with 4 randoms!
  • SirTerrible
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Somehow won a game where my team had 3 players vs 5 enemies and we were down 4-1 in points at one point too. Guess the enemies got lazy and thought they had it in the bag. Nope, we won 8-4 lol.
  • BaronVonGoon
    4284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Somehow won a game where my team had 3 players vs 5 enemies and we were down 4-1 in points at one point too. Guess the enemies got lazy and thought they had it in the bag. Nope, we won 8-4 lol.

The other team should uninstall. Lol
  • SirTerrible

Yep lol. I was pretty mad when my teammates left too but I started to believe it was possible to win after a couple squad wipes in a row. I think the other team did the old Overwatch scrub thing where they just trickled in one at a time instead of working as a squad making their numbers advantage pretty meaningless. I ended with 51 kills. Their entire team had 49 total lol. I won 9 out of my 10 placement matches.
  • BaronVonGoon
    4284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Yep lol. I was pretty mad when my teammates left too but I started to believe it was possible to win after a couple squad wipes in a row. I think the other team did the old Overwatch scrub thing where they just trickled in one at a time instead of working as a squad making their numbers advantage pretty meaningless. I ended with 51 kills. Their entire team had 49 total lol. I won 9 out of my 10 placement matches.

Wow were you playing solo?

Yeah trickling in was the most aggravating thing in Overwatch. Its so logical too that 1 v 5 = death but people keep trickling in without thinking.
  • SirTerrible

Yeah trickling in was the most aggravating thing in Overwatch. Its so logical too that 1 v 5 = death but people keep trickling in without thinking.

Yeah I played every match solo. I'm sure I had some decent luck on my side, though at minimum I earned that 5 on 3 win lol.
  • DonSharkito
    325 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah I played every match solo. I'm sure I had some decent luck on my side, though at minimum I earned that 5 on 3 win lol.

Out of curiosity what rank did you get?
  • SirTerrible
    1941/1950 platinum 2 after 10 games
  • DonSharkito
    325 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    1941/1950 platinum 2 after 10 games

Good! I got the same rank, but I won 8/10. But I was playing with someone. You have been lucky by playing solo. For me solo was one of the most BF infuriating experiences I ever had. Also you have a lot of try hards and clans on this mode, so better play it with another good player instead of expecting something from randoms.
  • SirTerrible
    Yeah it's all tryhards. Makes sense given it's a ranked competitive mode. Probably half the players on each team in my games have been 2+ K/D players. Goes with the territory. I'll play regular BF1 when I want to stomp everyone. I just wish when people would pick a class that can revive that they'd actually revive. They've been mostly competent otherwise.
  • The_BERG_366
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah it's all tryhards. Makes sense given it's a ranked competitive mode. Probably half the players on each team in my games have been 2+ K/D players. Goes with the territory. I'll play regular BF1 when I want to stomp everyone. I just wish when people would pick a class that can revive that they'd actually revive. They've been mostly competent otherwise.

the fun is gonna start now, good luck winning when your up against 4 comp players :no_mouth:
  • SirTerrible

the fun is gonna start now, good luck winning when your up against 4 comp players :no_mouth:

In theory if there were enough players playing and the matchmaking worked well it would be a battle to win every match. 50-55% win % would be the norm at all skill levels. So far though I haven't seen many players that can keep up. A couple pretty high KD and KPM players have been in my matches but I still won those matches. The match I lost was vs a bunch of average players really, I just had a team that was out of sync which is gonna happen.
    -
    As long as the matchmaking is kind enough to give me a couple decent players when it puts me against 4 comp players it should at least resemble something that is fun. 4 vs 1 though and I'll probably start shouting at my monitor with my mic off.