Do people care about winning?

Comments

• APBT
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I enjoy winning and the objective of any pvp game is to win, with that said, I enjoy being on teams with like minded folk.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1062 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The reward for winning is minuscule so people could care less. Maybe reward a Battlepack of a Superior Battlepack would give teams a kick in the butt they need.

Thats not quite true; being on the flag gets you points real fast. Defending it also. Considering you’re playing a gamemode that has objectives and one cares about his spm, winning is key.
  • von_Campenstein
    5612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 15
    The reward for winning is minuscule so people could care less. Maybe reward a Battlepack of a Superior Battlepack would give teams a kick in the butt they need.

You get a ribbon. Frankly I'd liked to see the ribbons having been map and country specific. Having won 500 games on Suez as the brits would've been something to show off for example. Also having switched to a losing team and managed to help it to a comeback would be another specific ribbon you'd be proud of.

Constructive feedback like that if DICE had bothered to visit the forums no doubt would've made the game better.
  • Strycr
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why would you care if you win or lose? You're playing Battlefield, you've already won in my mind.
  • LieutenantVixen
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well duh, it's kind of the point of the game.

That said, given it's a pub team game it's also really easy to detach yourself from winning/losing and stop caring. But that attitude is bad for the game's community so I try not to think that way.
  • Hawxxeye
    1854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Winning or losing is irrelevant to me. I just wont stand to be stomped because the team is bad.
    Close games are the best, win or lose
  • oscar28052009
    62 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I play to win but as long as I enjoy the game I don't mind. However it is playing with bad players that don't even attempt to take the objectives that really winds me up and ruins the game for me. It is so frustrating when it seems you are the only person going into areas and getting wiped out alone and then re-spwan and start again while passing dozens of players hiding away at start with snipers trying to get a good K/D rate! I think it should be a balance of playing to win and enjoy. In my opinion if everyone played the objectives and as team, medics reviving, support supplying, tanks clearly areas and scouts spotting then it is a great game to play and very enjoyable. So the 2 go together I think everyone must play the objectives to enjoy and if both teams do same it is a great game and doesn't matter if you win or lose! During a game it won't hurt to have some fun with tank, sniper or other as long as one doesn't spend the whole game doing it without helping team.
  • Hawxxeye
    1854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There's a difference between 'caring' about the win and trying to get the win.

I don't really care *if* I win or lose as long as it's a close, challenging game. If it's a landslide either way then it's no fun.

The problem comes when half your team are stat-padding and don't even try to help the team win. Then the game is ruined as actually trying to achieve the objectives (you know - the whole point of the game) is near impossible and very frustrating.

Seriously folks: If you aren't even going to attempt to help your team with the objectives, go play a battle royale shooter or at least stick to TDM mode where it's just about kills.

This reminded me of one particular standoff assault tank driver (in my team, attacker team in ) in operation Soissons who kept farming kills from the safety of the previous sector while at the same time mocking his team for sucking while he had 50-0. I used another tank to bonk his camping backside off the cliff and right into the enemy assaults ;)
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Seriously folks: If you aren't even going to attempt to help your team with the objectives, go play a battle royale shooter or at least stick to TDM mode where it's just about kills.

There's a few Domination maps that really highlight this: Ballroom, Fao and Brusilov come to mind. Once you have a few camping snipers, it seems that some people using them as spawn points seem to content to also stay there. Everybody suffers, as your team can't compete on the flags with a manpower shortage (no, they are not providing effective overwatch), and the opposing team will sustain those annoying unexpected deaths (yes I know, you should expect them, but I'd rather not).
  • PhonB80
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "You PLAY, to win the game!"

I try to win every time. I PTFO and use the comms wheel to get people going sometimes. I'll put it like this; I always play Assault unless I am playing terrible, and then I will switch to medic and revive and heal like no bodies business to contribute in another way. I just hate losing.
  • oscar28052009
    You wanna experience the worst example of how people not playing objectives effect game try rush. Just 12 players max each team and you have 8 sitting back being snipers. I have had games where both objectives taken with no loss of life to attacking team so many times. Basically just a free run. Honestly it happens a lot. Rubbish to play against too as too easy. But being only person in team arming or defending telegraphs is the worst as it is 1 v 10. To make it worse you constantly spawn on same player hiding away on rock sniping!
  • oscar28052009
    It's not the winning that counts it's the taking part!!............... Yeah right! Well sitting back 200m from objectives with sniper rifle trying best not to die is not only not winning but it isn't even taking part!..............Just watching while getting the odd kill then at the end celebrating cause you had a higher K/D and feel epic! I'd sooner go out fighting and do my best to win and help team even if I die 50 times.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1062 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

You get a ribbon. Frankly I'd liked to see the ribbons having been map and country specific. Having won 500 games on Suez as the brits would've been something to show off for example. Also having switched to a losing team and managed to help it to a comeback would be another specific ribbon you'd be proud of.

Constructive feedback like that if DICE had bothered to visit the forums no doubt would've made the game better.

I don't really care *if* I win or lose as long as it's a close, challenging game. If it's a landslide either way then it's no fun.

The problem comes when half your team are stat-padding and don't even try to help the team win. Then the game is ruined as actually trying to achieve the objectives (you know - the whole point of the game) is near impossible and very frustrating.

Fully agree.
    Dont care if I win or lose.
    Prefer to win, but prefer win from skilled opposing team, not some clueless hill humpers.

Today i played a game where we literally gave away a sector to the other team. The top 10 agreed not to spawn again. And we didnt. And still they struggled, even with blimp. Thats no fun.
  • KarmaKinetic
    You wanna experience the worst example of how people not playing objectives effect game try rush. Just 12 players max each team and you have 8 sitting back being snipers. I have had games where both objectives taken with no loss of life to attacking team so many times. Basically just a free run. Honestly it happens a lot. Rubbish to play against too as too easy. But being only person in team arming or defending telegraphs is the worst as it is 1 v 10. To make it worse you constantly spawn on same player hiding away on rock sniping!

i used to really like this game mode. Played it last week, experienced exactly what you're describing. Never gonna look back.
    Great game mode, poor quality of players.

but I guess weh have to accept that "everybody plays the game in his own way".
  • oscar28052009

i used to really like this game mode. Played it last week, experienced exactly what you're describing. Never gonna look back.

Yes I guess so but playing their own way is not playing game properly. Rush is a great mode and I used to play it always. But the thing is there is only one way to play it will arm or defend telegraphs. I guess snipers find it easy pickings to sit back and aim at telegraphs and let the rest so hard work. The problems start when you have not 1 but 5 players thinking the same thing.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4836 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yes I guess so but playing their own way is not playing game properly.

Says who?
    The game can be played many ways, the game is played properly for their style, just because you don't agree with a certain playstyle, doesn't make it wrong.
  • oscar28052009
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

Says who?
    The game can be played many ways, the game is played properly for their style, just because you don't agree with a certain playstyle, doesn't make it wrong.

I am referring to RUSH mode. The game is about attacking team arming telegraphs and defenders stopping them and disarming them. So without this the game simply can not be played, so with Rush this is essential. If like I am referring to you play a game and no one is attempting to arm the telegraphs then the game will simply not progress and will end once 75 tickets are gone! This is a fact and no matter how people want to play this game and if they prefer to sit back and do nothing than the fact is if everyone does this it will be over very quickly and only 20% of game played. So answer to your question 'Who says?' Well I do and please prove me wrong and let me know how those telegraphs are going to arm themselves. The only way people progress on rush while sitting back not helping team is to rely on others who play the game properly! This is simple fact on Rush you need to arm telegraphs to win, no matter how many kills one gets does not matter. So anyone who plays different or their own way as much as they may like hiding on hills with sniper rifle they are not playing Rush correctly and certainly not helping team and will never progress to next set of objectives. Have you ever had to be in a game where everyone sits back as snipers while you run in alone to arm? It is horrible, long winded and boring! Defenders push right up and no one gets near objectives! I for one am fed up with these really selfish and really bad players ruining a great game mode!
  • GRIZZ11283
    4836 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

Says who?

I am referring to RUSH mode. The game is about attacking team arming telegraphs and defenders stopping them and disarming them. So without this the game simply can not be played, so with Rush this is essential. If like I am referring to you play a game and no one is attempting to arm the telegraphs then the game will simply not progress and will end once 75 tickets are gone! This is a fact and no matter how people want to play this game and if they prefer to sit back and do nothing than the fact is if everyone does this it will be over very quickly and only 20% of game played. So answer to your question 'Who says?' Well I do and please prove me wrong and let me know how those telegraphs are going to arm themselves. The only way people progress on rush while sitting back not helping team is to rely on others who play the game properly! This is simple fact on Rush you need to arm telegraphs to win, no matter how many kills one gets does not matter. So anyone who plays different or their own way as much as they may like hiding on hills with sniper rifle they are not playing Rush correctly and certainly not helping team and will never progress to next set of objectives. Have you ever had to be in a game where everyone sits back as snipers while you run in alone to arm? It is horrible, long winded and boring! Defenders push right up and no one gets near objectives! I for one am fed up with these really selfish and really bad players ruining a great game mode!

So you're essentially saying everybody should be arming?
    The defenders would just sit there and mow you down.
    Having everybody on those telegraphs is just stupid.
    Each to their own I suppose, but that does not sound like a great plan.
  • IG-Calibre
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

euuuuuuuug i'd a round last night where not only were we fighting a 140 stacked team, they outnumbered us by 10 and swarmed the flags, then someone who actually posts here in the forums started bragging about the baserape, they took 600+ tickets before we even got the first flag, as soon as we lost it - I rage quit tbh. In conclusion - when ever I see posts by said player to me you're just an unsporting scumbag & I care not one jot for your opinion!