Improving BF4 (Yes, I realise they probably won't)

13468916

Comments

  • RustedRoot
    2663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    SBLIFX wrote: »
    RustedRoot wrote: »

    FALSE AGAIN! You really should check facts before posting.
    You should check yours. Go to 2:07. 8ft and 3ft (supersonic) only applies to perpendicular shots, i.e shot directly down at the water. For shots at an angle, i.e. most BF4 shots, only a few inches is required.



    You're wrong... AGAIN... sorry.

    Nope. do you even read what you write? Obviously not.

    You said: "Bullets don't travel underwater - FACT -"

    You said nothing about angles, velocity etc. You said "Bullets DO NOT travel underwater" - Which is completely FALSE!

    Just wow.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 13
    from the video, in that sense, we should lose little health... just to keep people out of the water

    If the water meant you don’t take as much damage, more people would jump in during a gunfight.

    you are not wrong... but if you took no damage everybody would go into the water
  • Turban_Legend80
    4092 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    from the video, in that sense, we should lose little health... just to keep people out of the water

    If the water meant you don’t take as much damage, more people would jump in during a gunfight.

    you are not wrong... but if you took no damage everybody would go into the water

    Yeah reduced damage or no damage at all will cause tryhards to use “water tactics” lol
    As if jumping round a corner then crouching to throw the hitbox off isn’t bad enough.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    from the video, in that sense, we should lose little health... just to keep people out of the water

    If the water meant you don’t take as much damage, more people would jump in during a gunfight.

    you are not wrong... but if you took no damage everybody would go into the water

    Yeah reduced damage or no damage at all will cause tryhards to use “water tactics” lol
    As if jumping round a corner then crouching to throw the hitbox off isn’t bad enough.

    lol... so true
  • Loqtrall
    10574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    maddog0063 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    SBLIFX wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    It's not even a "probably" that they won't, they definitely won't change anything.

    But I say remove thermals and audio minimap spotting, because they're both immensely cheesy, crutch mechanics that the majority of the people who still play this game abuse every match.

    The number of armored vehicles and tanks I see using thermals compared to those who use normal zoom optics is outrageous.

    Lmao, and the only way to circumvent thermals is to get a cam hidden behind the most nonsensical and intricate Easter egg hunt in the entirety of the franchise.

    And it's literally become the norm for players to double the size of the minimap on the HUD to see as many spotted players in their vicinity as possible - having your position revealed every time you fire a non-suppressed weapon is absolute nonsense when everyone in the game have their eyes glued to their minimap.

    It's essentially punishing people for firing their weapons in a game that's almost solely about firing weapons.
    Disagree. Using the minimap is an integral skill of the game. I've also tried using thermal optics and found them less effective than zoom personally.

    There's nothing skillful about knowing the exact location of enemies just because they fired their guns, even if they're halfway across the map.

    In close quarters, audio spotting is an absolute joke, and you know exactly where half the enemies are in any given location because a single shot reveals their location.

    In terms of skilled use of a minimap, there's way more skill that goes into using the minimap in BF1, where spotting is less forgiving and audio spotting doesn't exist at all.

    What's up Loqtrall? Long time no see. :3

    I completely agree.

    Wow, what's up bro. It's been a while.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    so what else can you think of that would potently improve BF4 if DICE/EA was still working on it
  • Turban_Legend80
    4092 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    so what else can you think of that would potently improve BF4 if DICE/EA was still working on it

    Remove the quickmatch option
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    so what else can you think of that would potently improve BF4 if DICE/EA was still working on it

    Remove the quickmatch option

    why?
  • KorpusDraige
    2185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Who cares if the bullets travel through water or not, the game is NOT realistic, it is an ARCADE game. FACT.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4092 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    so what else can you think of that would potently improve BF4 if DICE/EA was still working on it

    Remove the quickmatch option

    why?

    Because it can put you in a server that isn’t in your region. Unless they sorted that out..?
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Who cares if the bullets travel through water or not, the game is NOT realistic, it is an ARCADE game. FACT.

    i wouldn't nessisaraly put it under the arcade category but yes, the game isn't advertised to be the most realistic fps
  • KorpusDraige
    2185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Who cares if the bullets travel through water or not, the game is NOT realistic, it is an ARCADE game. FACT.

    i wouldn't nessisaraly put it under the arcade category but yes, the game isn't advertised to be the most realistic fps

    Definitely more arcade-like than realistic.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    so what else can you think of that would potently improve BF4 if DICE/EA was still working on it

    Remove the quickmatch option

    why?

    Because it can put you in a server that isn’t in your region. Unless they sorted that out..?

    so don't remove the quickmatch option. just make the quickmatch option smart
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Who cares if the bullets travel through water or not, the game is NOT realistic, it is an ARCADE game. FACT.

    i wouldn't nessisaraly put it under the arcade category but yes, the game isn't advertised to be the most realistic fps

    Definitely more arcade-like than realistic.

    compared to R6Sige, yes compared to COD... any of them, no
  • KorpusDraige
    2185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Who cares if the bullets travel through water or not, the game is NOT realistic, it is an ARCADE game. FACT.

    i wouldn't nessisaraly put it under the arcade category but yes, the game isn't advertised to be the most realistic fps

    Definitely more arcade-like than realistic.

    compared to R6Sige, yes compared to COD... any of them, no

    No matter how you try to spin it, Battlefield is an arcade style game, no need for realism in it.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 16
    Who cares if the bullets travel through water or not, the game is NOT realistic, it is an ARCADE game. FACT.

    i wouldn't nessisaraly put it under the arcade category but yes, the game isn't advertised to be the most realistic fps

    Definitely more arcade-like than realistic.

    compared to R6Sige, yes compared to COD... any of them, no

    No matter how you try to spin it, Battlefield is an arcade style game, no need for realism in it.

    i give you the win because the definition of arcade style game is: A type of game genre that is a fast-paced action game (for PC or console), requiring hand-eye coordination skill to play. (according to https://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/arcade_game.html)
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    so what else do you think would make the game better?
  • Professor_RAWR
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So here's my issue list they should've fixed....

    1. Fix campaign on old gen consoles. Played Bf4 campaign on PS3, for some reason, the campaign kept crashing on the second chapter. It was literally unplayable until I bought Bf4 again on 2016 for Xbox One S.

    2. Imo, air vehicles need a bit of touching.

    3. Improve the spawn system.

    4. I know many hate the self vehicle repair in BF1, but I really love to see it in BF4 ground vehicles. It's sad to say that in both BF4 and BF1, I rarely have any squads or teammates repairing my tank even after requesting it. No one listens, glad DICE added self repairing in BF1. I'm kinda indecisive for air vehicles having this though... probably the best to not add it to air vehicles. Imagine the scout helis ability to have it AND passengers repairing with the repair torch at the same time. I believe they removed that now but still

    5. I don't think i've ever seen anybody ever mentioned this....

    But Please.... ADD the ability to SEE sever admins in sever descriptions. I absolutely HATE playing with admins in Battlefield games because I usually get kicked/banned for killing them too much. They had the admin symbol in BF3's sever description yet I guess they removed it in BF4... why? Luckily, I was never kicked/banned because I only play on DICE severs now. Bf3's toxic admins were a disaster and very frustrating... been kicked/banned over 20 times (no i'm not joking).

    In Bf3 now, on every match, I always go to the sever description first. If I see only 1 admin, boom I already left the match.

    6. Remove air vehicles in certain maps. There's no need for jets on dawnbreaker which i've mentioned this so many times. I even see players crash into building on purpose too.

    7. Improve hit detection. Still seeing some errors too.



    These are just my top ones. I rarely play Bf4 too. If modern Battlefield 5 ever comes out this year or next, i'm just hoping that DICE and Ea will release a PLAYABLE game unlike BF4's launch back in 2013.






  • lSDIl
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    SBLIFX wrote: »
    RustedRoot wrote: »

    FALSE AGAIN! You really should check facts before posting.
    You should check yours. Go to 2:07. 8ft and 3ft (supersonic) only applies to perpendicular shots, i.e shot directly down at the water. For shots at an angle, i.e. most BF4 shots, only a few inches is required.



    You're wrong... AGAIN... sorry.

    Nope. do you even read what you write? Obviously not.

    You said: "Bullets don't travel underwater - FACT -"

    You said nothing about angles, velocity etc. You said "Bullets DO NOT travel underwater" - Which is completely FALSE!

    Just wow.
    From the angle they're normally fired at in the game they don't. Read between the lines bro'.
  • Duece09
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    Pro Tip: Don't play HC then. Sheesh. "Problem" solved.

    What you consider "dumb" is not necessarily the case.

    Haha, don’t play hardcore? That’s your answer? Fee thanks for the help Einstein. just remind me to say “hey I have a simple fix, just don’t play bf4, better yet...don’t play video games all together, or even better, might as well not even bother to get up in the morning” next time you have an issue with the game. And yes, they are pretty “stupid” problems, however very difficult to “fix”. But moral of the story is...don’t be a ****.

    Anyway as far as the hardcore issue, it’s been an issue since friendly fire was introduced into games. Socom 2 is probably one of my favorite games ever. That game friendly fire was always on, but they had a voting system where players to vote to kick someone if they were being morons.


Sign In or Register to comment.