Improving BF4 (Yes, I realise they probably won't)

12346»

Comments

• RustedRoot
    2581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    SBLIFX wrote: »
    RustedRoot wrote: »

FALSE AGAIN! You really should check facts before posting.
    You should check yours. Go to 2:07. 8ft and 3ft (supersonic) only applies to perpendicular shots, i.e shot directly down at the water. For shots at an angle, i.e. most BF4 shots, only a few inches is required.

You're wrong... AGAIN... sorry.

Nope. do you even read what you write? Obviously not.

You said: "Bullets don't travel underwater - FACT -"

You said nothing about angles, velocity etc. You said "Bullets DO NOT travel underwater" - Which is completely FALSE!

Just wow.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 13
    from the video, in that sense, we should lose little health... just to keep people out of the water

If the water meant you don’t take as much damage, more people would jump in during a gunfight.

you are not wrong... but if you took no damage everybody would go into the water
  • Turban_Legend80
    3775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    from the video, in that sense, we should lose little health... just to keep people out of the water

If the water meant you don’t take as much damage, more people would jump in during a gunfight.

you are not wrong... but if you took no damage everybody would go into the water

Yeah reduced damage or no damage at all will cause tryhards to use “water tactics” lol
    As if jumping round a corner then crouching to throw the hitbox off isn’t bad enough.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3

Yeah reduced damage or no damage at all will cause tryhards to use “water tactics” lol
    As if jumping round a corner then crouching to throw the hitbox off isn’t bad enough.

lol... so true
  • Loqtrall
    9359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    maddog0063 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    SBLIFX wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    It's not even a "probably" that they won't, they definitely won't change anything.

But I say remove thermals and audio minimap spotting, because they're both immensely cheesy, crutch mechanics that the majority of the people who still play this game abuse every match.

The number of armored vehicles and tanks I see using thermals compared to those who use normal zoom optics is outrageous.

Lmao, and the only way to circumvent thermals is to get a cam hidden behind the most nonsensical and intricate Easter egg hunt in the entirety of the franchise.

And it's literally become the norm for players to double the size of the minimap on the HUD to see as many spotted players in their vicinity as possible - having your position revealed every time you fire a non-suppressed weapon is absolute nonsense when everyone in the game have their eyes glued to their minimap.

It's essentially punishing people for firing their weapons in a game that's almost solely about firing weapons.
    Disagree. Using the minimap is an integral skill of the game. I've also tried using thermal optics and found them less effective than zoom personally.

There's nothing skillful about knowing the exact location of enemies just because they fired their guns, even if they're halfway across the map.

In close quarters, audio spotting is an absolute joke, and you know exactly where half the enemies are in any given location because a single shot reveals their location.

In terms of skilled use of a minimap, there's way more skill that goes into using the minimap in BF1, where spotting is less forgiving and audio spotting doesn't exist at all.

What's up Loqtrall? Long time no see. :3

I completely agree.

Wow, what's up bro. It's been a while.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    so what else can you think of that would potently improve BF4 if DICE/EA was still working on it
  • Turban_Legend80
    so what else can you think of that would potently improve BF4 if DICE/EA was still working on it

Remove the quickmatch option
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3

why?
  • KorpusDraige
    2149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Who cares if the bullets travel through water or not, the game is NOT realistic, it is an ARCADE game. FACT.
  • Turban_Legend80

why?

Because it can put you in a server that isn’t in your region. Unless they sorted that out..?
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    Who cares if the bullets travel through water or not, the game is NOT realistic, it is an ARCADE game. FACT.

i wouldn't nessisaraly put it under the arcade category but yes, the game isn't advertised to be the most realistic fps
  • KorpusDraige
    2149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

i wouldn't nessisaraly put it under the arcade category but yes, the game isn't advertised to be the most realistic fps

Definitely more arcade-like than realistic.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3

why?

Because it can put you in a server that isn’t in your region. Unless they sorted that out..?

so don't remove the quickmatch option. just make the quickmatch option smart
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3

compared to R6Sige, yes compared to COD... any of them, no
  • KorpusDraige

No matter how you try to spin it, Battlefield is an arcade style game, no need for realism in it.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    edited April 16

No matter how you try to spin it, Battlefield is an arcade style game, no need for realism in it.

i give you the win because the definition of arcade style game is: A type of game genre that is a fast-paced action game (for PC or console), requiring hand-eye coordination skill to play. (according to https://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/arcade_game.html)