Scout rifles, sweet spot vs 15m damage multiplier.

b2tchwood
1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
What are your opinions on this? I’ve asked previously but now Infy rifles have been tweaked a little I’m curious to see your opinions.

This is geared towards the next BF game and to see where the preference of SR damage models.

Comments

• INCUBA3E-BF
    1927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Remove sweet spot

Go back to bf3/4 model

Reward the head shot, not the aim assist body shot
  • WetFishDB
    1325 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    What are your opinions on this? I’ve asked previously but now Infy rifles have been tweaked a little I’m curious to see your opinions.

This is geared towards the next BF game and to see where the preference of SR damage models.

Hmm, be interesting this one. I don't like the sweet spot mechanic as it just feels so cheap to be one shotted because I have arbitrarily walked into their correct range. It's no where near as bad now that AR has been reduced. Shotguns still have that OHK, but you pretty much have to run into one, so footsteps, reload sounds, gunfire etc and other clues give you some avoidance ability - sweet spot doesn't have any of those really. Headshots are fair game though. If I'm standing still long enough for you to get the headshot then fair-do's.

That said, I don't like the idea of being one shotted under 15m with a sniper rifle with a body shot, which I'm assuming is what you mean? I can see everyone running around 'quick scoping' (but really relying on AR) thinking they are leet. Unless there was more hip fire spread (there might already be, I don't know) and perhaps a slower ADS time - or something to make it more skill based rather than effectively being a more effective slug-shotgun.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    656 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why do sniper rifles need a OHK range anyway? (other than headshots). No other weapon type bar the shotguns do. Make it 80-90 dmg or there abouts, so if you run into an 'injured' player you will likely win the day. Then (maybe not possible in BF1) you could have semi auto sniper rifles for those who like to get up close and personal similar to how the RSC works
  • Ploodovic
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I say: keep the sweet spot mechanic, as in different rifles have a different “optimal engagement range” where they do max damage, but make that max damage 95 for a chest shot. That way, you can differentiate between rifles, so they work better for different ranges, but a headshot is required for a one hit kill.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    I say: keep the sweet spot mechanic, as in different rifles have a different “optimal engagement range” where they do max damage, but make that max damage 95 for a chest shot. That way, you can differentiate between rifles, so they work better for different ranges, but a headshot is required for a one hit kill.

Sounds a good solution.
  • b2tchwood
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I personally think the sweet spot is fairly cheap, I’d much rather have the 15m multiplier so that scouts aren’t so afraid of pushing objectives. But a mix might be interesting, such as a 1.5 multiplier but no ohk headshot past 100m like the scout in BF4.

I think for SR’s to be competitive they need one or the other IMO
  • ninjapenquinuk
    Do snipers need to be competitive all the time. Why can't they just play a niche roll. I know the aim is to try have all classes represented evenly, but if this is causing issues, real and imagined, why does it need to be 'easy' to play as a sniper. Let it be a class that requires skill to use. Better to have a few quality snipers than lots of mediocre ones. I know you can't do it in bf1 due to the bolt action rifles being the predominant weapon of ww1, so needs to be accessible to all.