Stupid new BOMBERS are ruining the game!!

Comments

• DallyEnderLlama
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This stupid bomber is one of the reasons i'm taking a break from the game. Its just stupidly stupid. Yes its slow and does take damage from LMG's but the health is stupidly high and it can fly stupidly high. I just don't think the balance is right. I'd rather have it so it was slightly faster, couldn't fly so high and had less health. Plus the splash damage gets reduced. As someone said you can shoot it down just usually not before its dropped its load and has got the multi killed he wanted, ready to rinse and repeat. again and again and again.

I haven't been killed that much by them and have taken 5 or so of them out, including with the stationary gun on Monte Grappa. But i don't find it fun whilst on operations, my main game mode, to have to play the "Anti- Air" Game because some sad rank 50 pilot keeps spawning into a stupidly over powered bomber just to pad his K/D!!!

Before someone says i'm salty, i'm not you can do what the hell you want but abusing something which is clearly overused already and overpowered is beyond naff and cheesy!! I mean do people who use this over and over again really thing there "good" at the game?

It's a plane. They fly high. Only 4 were lost in WW1. They were slow, as they were so heavy, could carry so many bombs, and were designed as passenger planes. Also, in my 100+ matches, I've seen 2 Ilya Muromets, and one was **** by a support squad. Also, if they were on your team, you'd be happy to have a guy in an Ilya Muromets bringing your team closer to victory. Any decent Gunner would aim for the engines of them as well. I've actually flown one after the pilot bailed out. They aren't that easy to get kills in.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1211 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This stupid bomber is one of the reasons i'm taking a break from the game. Its just stupidly stupid. Yes its slow and does take damage from LMG's but the health is stupidly high and it can fly stupidly high. I just don't think the balance is right. I'd rather have it so it was slightly faster, couldn't fly so high and had less health. Plus the splash damage gets reduced. As someone said you can shoot it down just usually not before its dropped its load and has got the multi killed he wanted, ready to rinse and repeat. again and again and again.

I haven't been killed that much by them and have taken 5 or so of them out, including with the stationary gun on Monte Grappa. But i don't find it fun whilst on operations, my main game mode, to have to play the "Anti- Air" Game because some sad rank 50 pilot keeps spawning into a stupidly over powered bomber just to pad his K/D!!!

Before someone says i'm salty, i'm not you can do what the hell you want but abusing something which is clearly overused already and overpowered is beyond naff and cheesy!! I mean do people who use this over and over again really thing there "good" at the game?

It's a plane. They fly high. Only 4 were lost in WW1. They were slow, as they were so heavy, could carry so many bombs, and were designed as passenger planes. Also, in my 100+ matches, I've seen 2 Ilya Muromets, and one was **** by a support squad. Also, if they were on your team, you'd be happy to have a guy in an Ilya Muromets bringing your team closer to victory. Any decent Gunner would aim for the engines of them as well. I've actually flown one after the pilot bailed out. They aren't that easy to get kills in.

Yes they fly high but that just allows any remotely decent pilot staying out of range from aa or LMG's. Yeah i'm sure i would be happy they were on my team but i've experienced way more 100+ game kill farms against then had the pleasure of playing with. Playing with one would be fun. Against for the 100th time, not so.

I'm not disputing they aren't easy to fly, an average pilot will go down quickly but an above average rank 50 pilot will not only not fly low they'll also avoid any aa and have probably ingrained mark where they are. The average player using them for 1 go getting a few kills and then dying not respawning immediately back in one again i have no issue with. It's the pro rank 50 pilots which use them for nothing more the kill farming and as soon as you shoot one down, surprise surprise their back in one again. It got to the point where every round i played the one of the top 3-5 players on the enemy team was using the stupid bomber.
  • azelenkin0306
    373 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 16
    so much crying cause people are unable to take down a huge vulnerable target screaming "shoot me down" out of the sky: one browning MG and its down. one bomber killer fighter and its down (in one strave btw... takes like 10-15 seconds to take it down lol).
    but of course people rather cry than spawn in a plane lmao.

I always like the comments like these. No offence, but let me share my humble opinion about this bomber in OPs (i don't play other modes).
    1. On OPs sometimes you have only one plane and don’t have it at all.
    2. If this bomber is managed by new player - no problem, you can shoot it down easily, but most of the times I see the pilots with more than 10 Service stars and they know exactly how to use it, so you won’t be able to shoot them down, because they fly high. I tried with MG and Tankgewehr. Hits are not registered
    3. Stop this **** with MG and taking down planes with it. If you manage to take down some noobs, it doesn’t mean that it’s easy to do. AA Rocket guns are completely useless against this bomber
    4. Bombers respawn very fast. You suggest the spend the whole round taking down incoming bombers.
    5. In some sectors some AA guns are placed very far away from the objective (so you won't be able to get bomber while it's flying above the objective), some AA guns are placed in the open field (3-4 secs and you're headshotted by sniper). In some sectors there are no AA guns at all.
    6. In some OPs, based on what I've seen, one team can spawn several bombers. What do you suggest to do then? If you have a Organized Squad behind your back - no problem, but other players, including me, don't have it.
    7. If you're defending i don't see a problem of taking down the bomber, but when you're attacking it's not easy to do. Operations is about taking sectors, not about taking bombers.

And, the last one. Based on your posts, you were always defending the Skill-based mechanics in this game. But now you're defending this zero-skill abomination? I see some contradictions in here.

What's next? When brilliant minds from DICE introduce Nuke package, what wipes out the whole map and kills all spotted enemies, you will suggest to equip "Quick Unspot" feature?

Shall i miss this bomber when it's removed from OPs? No. Will OPs become better without it and **** Mortar AA truck? Yes.

Thanks

• azelenkin0306
    373 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yes they fly high but that just allows any remotely decent pilot staying out of range from aa or LMG's. Yeah i'm sure i would be happy they were on my team but i've experienced way more 100+ game kill farms against then had the pleasure of playing with. Playing with one would be fun. Against for the 100th time, not so.

I'm not disputing they aren't easy to fly, an average pilot will go down quickly but an above average rank 50 pilot will not only not fly low they'll also avoid any aa and have probably ingrained mark where they are. The average player using them for 1 go getting a few kills and then dying not respawning immediately back in one again i have no issue with. It's the pro rank 50 pilots which use them for nothing more the kill farming and as soon as you shoot one down, surprise surprise their back in one again. It got to the point where every round i played the one of the top 3-5 players on the enemy team was using the stupid bomber.

This. The problem is when these bombers are abused by High Level pilots. They know exactly how to abuse them and how to fly high enough, so nothing can get them.
  • Major_Pungspark
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Played a round just now, after my first death by a plane and noticing the constant strafers I switched to assault and AA-rockets, and then some ace fighter pilot started to clean up. Atleast I got the kill shot on a heavybomber before he shot everything down......
  • DallyEnderLlama
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What's next? When brilliant minds from DICE introduce Nuke package, what wipes out the whole map and kills all spotted enemies, you will suggest to equip "Quick Unspot" feature?

For this, DICE would have to be making COD games. Would be interesting, though, in BFV as a special mode.
  • pwnedPewPew
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maybe they should replace some of these AA Canons..Some of them are usefull as fu**
    Example..Map Sinai Flag C makes no sense also AA on Flag G is useless..and I´m sure there are many more of these AA´s staying around in stupid spots..
    I´m also one of those who says " shoot them down" normally it takes one good supporter and the plane is history..but personally I would prefer better Spots for those AA´s..

what is wrong with these AAs?

For my taste they are in the wrong position..Flag G is too far from the action..and Flag C is not usable because you get killed in a second..
  • The_BERG_366
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    so much crying cause people are unable to take down a huge vulnerable target screaming "shoot me down" out of the sky: one browning MG and its down. one bomber killer fighter and its down (in one strave btw... takes like 10-15 seconds to take it down lol).
    but of course people rather cry than spawn in a plane lmao.

I always like the comments like these. No offence, but let me share my humble opinion about this bomber in OPs (i don't play other modes).
    1. On OPs sometimes you have only one plane and don’t have it at all.
    2. If this bomber is managed by new player - no problem, you can shoot it down easily, but most of the times I see the pilots with more than 10 Service stars and they know exactly how to use it, so you won’t be able to shoot them down, because they fly high. I tried with MG and Tankgewehr. Hits are not registered
    3. Stop this **** with MG and taking down planes with it. If you manage to take down some noobs, it doesn’t mean that it’s easy to do. AA Rocket guns are completely useless against this bomber
    4. Bombers respawn very fast. You suggest the spend the whole round taking down incoming bombers.
    5. In some sectors some AA guns are placed very far away from the objective (so you won't be able to get bomber while it's flying above the objective), some AA guns are placed in the open field (3-4 secs and you're headshotted by sniper). In some sectors there are no AA guns at all.
    6. In some OPs, based on what I've seen, one team can spawn several bombers. What do you suggest to do then? If you have a Organized Squad behind your back - no problem, but other players, including me, don't have it.
    7. If you're defending i don't see a problem of taking down the bomber, but when you're attacking it's not easy to do. Operations is about taking sectors, not about taking bombers.

And, the last one. Based on your posts, you were always defending the Skill-based mechanics in this game. But now you're defending this zero-skill abomination? I see some contradictions in here.

Shall i miss this bomber when it's removed from OPs? No. Will OPs become better without it and **** Mortar AA truck? Yes.

Thanks

alrighty then:
    1. yes but if your plane decides to not do anything about the enemy ones than that is a deliberate decision. not using a counter doesn't make the counter less viable.
    2. the lgms max distance is WAYS larger than the flight ceiling in this game. also lmgs in full auto are very accurate, so spread isn't a problem either. if you don't get hits than that is simply because your shots arent actually connecting with the plane (may it be due to your aim or due to your connection). its definitely possible to hit the planes consistently, i can make a video of me just shooting down bombers in ops if you want.
    3. its not ****. this plane is so slow and massive that its really easy to hit... and not pilot can change anything about that simply because the pilot can't change the power of the engines or the minimal turning radius.
    4. yeah they spawn fast, and yes i suggest ONE guy to do this for ALMOST the whole round (in between spawns there's time to do other things...). of course it doesn't have to be the same guy for the whole game but any one person should be on it at any given time). exchanging one infy for one plane neutralizing each others power is a very good trade for the infy in my books.
    5. yeah that's why i don't like using AAs against them either
    6. shooting them down one by one? 1 infy vs two planes is an even better trade. of course if u want to avoid that the bombers cause significant damage there needs to be two infy for two bombers at least. but again 2 infy for two planes is a very good trade. u can't to this same trade with an attack plane for example... an attack plane is ways too fast to hit consistently when flying far away from you and ways to agile to reliably predict its movement. but in return its weaker (even though still absolutely devastating in the right hands).
    7. taking a sector consists of more than 32 headless chickens running at the burn and then complaining that they get picked by enemy air.... in other words: ops is in deed about taking down enemy air as well. just like it is also about taking out enemy infy and armor.

that is true. i never defended or attacked the presence of the heavy bomber as we know it now. it might be a bad idea to have it in the game in deed. however this is for sure not due to it being OP. its really is not hard to do well with that bomber if the enemy team doesn't do anything about you. However the difference to other actually OP things like elite classes is that one dedicated guy can just take it down. on the other hand one dedicated guy can do nothing about a tryhard with a villar perosa camping in a corner of a bunker with his 2 medic friends. its not op and as it is not i can just counter it if it annoys me and hence i don't have bigger issues with it.

that is not comparable as one does not have control over being spotted AT ALL. also the way that you described it, there doesn't seem to be any easy counters.
  • The_BERG_366
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @StarscreamUK the forum ate my response again due to me editing it too quickly after posting (i made a layout error) :(
    could you bring it back?
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    I have always said that the AA truck should have its own vehicle slot to ensure teams always have a counter to planes on the field. Given the choice between a tank to farm infantry or an AA truck the majority will pick the tank regardless if the team is getting reked by air vehicles.

I even wouldnt mind if we went back to the old way of having vehicles being pre selected for teams based on the map,that way teams always have a fair/even balance of anti vehicle/infantry/air vehicles in play.
    Being reked by air because selfish players constantly spawning in the infantry farming tank meta gets old fast.

I shoot planes out of the sky with my tanks all the time, just get on a rock, wait for them to try and kill an infantry, *poof* it's gone, along with the pilot in a fiery inferno of death and not being aliveness.
  • Ronin9572
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    While I understand the bombers can be frustrating it takes team work to take then down. Many ppl don't want to be bothered trying to take down planes, or man a AA gun. While many AA guns are just a beacon for attacks from other players and their placements are ridiculous. That being said noob pilots are easy to take down, pro pilots are tough, especially if you get a map with 2 working together with a bomber and attack/fighter plane. I'm the type if I get killed a few times I go into plane hunting mode. Many of the maps I know the best AA guns locations and areas you can camp out with a LMG. I also equip my repair tool so I can fix destroyed AA guns. That's the best surprise tactic against planes. Many pilots forget about destroyed guns and don't think someone would bother repairing them. Last night on Operations campaign on FAO I downed 11 planes and had 19 kills. I was battling 4 pilots(yes only 2 planes at a time) 2 would be flying and 2 would either parachute in in me or try and flank me. It was an epic round and I had a blast! But that's the issue with planes, no body wants to be bothered to man a AA gun or use teamwork to down planes.
  • TamKingski
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    While I understand the bombers can be frustrating it takes team work to take then down. Many ppl don't want to be bothered trying to take down planes, or man a AA gun. While many AA guns are just a beacon for attacks from other players and their placements are ridiculous. That being said noob pilots are easy to take down, pro pilots are tough, especially if you get a map with 2 working together with a bomber and attack/fighter plane. I'm the type if I get killed a few times I go into plane hunting mode. Many of the maps I know the best AA guns locations and areas you can camp out with a LMG. I also equip my repair tool so I can fix destroyed AA guns. That's the best surprise tactic against planes. Many pilots forget about destroyed guns and don't think someone would bother repairing them. Last night on Operations campaign on FAO I downed 11 planes and had 19 kills. I was battling 4 pilots(yes only 2 planes at a time) 2 would be flying and 2 would either parachute in in me or try and flank me. It was an epic round and I had a blast! But that's the issue with planes, no body wants to be bothered to man a AA gun or use teamwork to down planes.

Im the same if the teams getting reked by air,which is pretty common.
    ill jump in an AA truck,thats if i can manage to get a vehicle before the tank/mortar truck farmers take them,i have many kills with the AA truck. The thing is that it means im no longer playing how i want to play and have to force/designate myself as AA for the rest of the match,it gets boring fast.Most of the time you will end up sitting on the spawn screen so you can grab the AA before someone else spawns a tank/mortar. As mentioned it gets boring fast and means i cant play/use the class/weps i want.
  • KingRofty
    365 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

ill jump in an AA truck,thats if i can manage to get a vehicle before the tank/mortar truck farmers take them,i have many kills with the AA truck. The thing is that it means im no longer playing how i want to play and have to force/designate myself as AA for the rest of the match,it gets boring fast.Most of the time you will end up sitting on the spawn screen so you can grab the AA before someone else spawns a tank/mortar. As mentioned it gets boring fast and means i cant play/use the class/weps i want.

This was my point right from the start.

I play with friends & if I'm manning an AA gun for the whole game, I can't have fun with them. Then I can just as well stop playing BF1 and go play something else with my friends.

The loser in the bomber has no friends, so he is just gonna go on constant bomber runs for the entirety of the game.
  • TamKingski
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KingRofty wrote: »

I play with friends & if I'm manning an AA gun for the whole game, I can't have fun with them. Then I can just as well stop playing BF1 and go play something else with my friends.

The loser in the bomber has no friends, so he is just gonna go on constant bomber runs for the entirety of the game.

This is why the AA truck should have its own vehicle slot imo,it would ensure that theres always a counter to air available and the one player Wouldn't need to go out of thier way or sit out the alot/rest of the match just to simply spawn one,as i said before given the choice the majority will choose tank/mortar to farm infantry leaving planes/bombers to run amock.
  • KingRofty
    365 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KingRofty wrote: »

This is why the AA truck should have its own vehicle slot imo,it would ensure that theres always a counter to air available and the one player Wouldn't need to go out of thier way or sit out the alot/rest of the match just to simply spawn one,as i said before given the choice the majority will choose tank/mortar to farm infantry leaving planes/bombers to run amock.

And on every map I play, the planes spawn non-stop.

I wish the vehicles would spawn so quick.
  • Ronin9572
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @TamKingski @KingRofty I know it's not very exciting for most to have to focus on the planes all match. I do think it's important when defending though. There's alot of players I'd rather have focusing on the objectives because they are good at it, compared to a player like me. I've seemed to have found my niche with the Pom-Pom's though. My friends appreciate when I'm on them because I down every plane I can and if it's slow I'm taking out anyone else I can. It's amazing the damage it does to most things, tanks, boats,cavalry, and any infantry class. The problem with planes is most ppl are unwilling to try to help out and will just quit a match leaving their team even worse off than before.
  • Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Coming in late to this thread but I agree that there is NO place for this plane/package in the game. Absolutely ruins the game unless you want to turn it into an AA simulator (emplaced AA or LMG AA). There is no point playing the game any other way when you have a D-Bag spawning in the heavy bomber every time it's available. You have to sit and wait at a gun or with your LMG and not do anything else.
  • CanonFodder23
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Super Bomber isn't that bad. On some Ops, as the attacker, you need its firepower to take a flag. But, even in the hands of an experienced pilot, they're not unstoppable killing machines, unless your team decides not to act against them. AA guns shred them even at high altitude, as do LMGs, while they're sitting ducks for Fighters and Attack Planes. And because they are so slow, their bombing runs are easy to avoid, if you keep an eye out for them. I play mostly Ops and while I've been killed by them (yes, it's annoying, but then so is being repeatedly sniped by someone who is 300m away or running into someone with a shotgun just at the moment you're reloading your weapon), out of all the planes, it's competent pilots in Attack Planes that are more troublesome, but even then I wouldn't want them removed from the game.
  • SongToRememberPS
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not sure about CQ cus I have not played it recently but bombers are fine in ops. They get shot down easily but then again if they dont get shot down right away then can do quite some damage. What I personally dont like is that there is no way bomber could go past AA gun without getting shot down no matter how good pilot is. I guess its extreme kind of weapon. I dont understand cry about it though.. Im pretty sure Ive shot more bombers down than been killed by them and I never use AA truck. Their biggest advantage is that they can help cornered team back into action, they make game more volatile.
  • Autorotor
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Did no body tested them?? My god, they are so stupidily powerful!! It is so frustrating to be about to capture a flag or to take a position and... BAM! two squads completely wiped out with one single unload of these ridiculous planes!!

It doesn’t help the little to no damage you cause them with ordinary weapons, I have unloaded two F complete clips of support weapons for a total of 9 points of damage.

I convinced some of my friends to buy the game recently, and after some very frustrating gameplays where they were erased several times by one of those things, they don’t want to play anymore.

Now the question is: how friggin long is Dice going to take to fix this mess?? Even Jackfrags uploaded a video on YouTube pointing at this issue.

Two weeks ago, I reported my stats are Zero in the customize soldier screen and nothing has happened since then.

They are also slow, loud, easy to spot and can be downed by a decent pilot in 15 seconds. I don't see the problem.