Battlefield 2018

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Psychopski wrote: »
    I’d propose that DICE should cut back the total number of players for Conquest. Instead of reverting back to 15 v 15, which would surely make some players unhappy, we compromise and go with 24 v 24 while at the same time increase it the size of each squad to 6 players to give each squad the type of impact they had in a 5 man/15v15 setting.

That or better level design (i.e better use of size, less chokepoints, use of elevation and cover and scrapping idea with realistic "immersive" locations) made by gameplay developing part of team.

I agree but you have the YouTubers who poo pooed this on the past. One minute they ask for this then the next they complain how maps are not more linear.

• Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why not both...!
  • GrizzGolf
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gnow1370 wrote: »

Drakesden's newish info leak... for those who don't know...

Note: One if the comments on this vid explains why there's no Swastikas in the German team if u read down far enough, so yeh...

No. I know its going to be WW2 but why! Vit needs another game.
  • AlexFurman85
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A greek faction is possible. I dont think it would be apart of the base game. They where not one of the "Main Players"... btw i forgot to mention Japan in the earlier post.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Needs proper free-form aeroplanes. Such as in 1942 and BF2.
    All this limited console'ish stuff is garbage. Proper planes on proper runways and proper flight stick controller support.
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Possible Maps, DLC, and Factions...

Maps
    Stalingrad
    Crete
    London (Air Only)
    Guadalcanal
    Tunis (N. Africa)
    Normandy
    Tarawa
    Alsace Lorraine (France)
    Sipan
    The Philippines
    Eindhoven (Holland)
    Bastong (Argonne Forest)
    Iwo Jima
    Berlin
    Okinawa
    Tokyo (Air Only)
    N. Atlantic (Naval Only)

Possible DLC
    Spanish Civil War (Pre WW2)
    Chinese Civil War
    N. Africa Campaign
    Special Operations
    Operation Unthinkable (Post WW2)

Possible Factions
    Allies
    United States Army
    United States Marines
    British Army
    French Army/Resistance
    Soviet Army
    Nationalist Chinese

Axis
    German Army
    Italian Army
    Fascist Spain
    Finish Army

Other
    Communist Chinese
    Nationalist Spain

No Canada?
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    Needs proper free-form aeroplanes. Such as in 1942 and BF2.
    All this limited console'ish stuff is garbage. Proper planes on proper runways and proper flight stick controller support.

With proper flight models.......
  • Elite_Guard_Yuto
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Where are Japanese support and medic guns?
  • Elite_Guard_Yuto
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Does anybody miss SQDM?
  • FightinFinn187
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does anybody miss SQDM?

No not at all. I never did see the point in putting COD TDM in BF.
  • Lordclaw
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Does anybody miss SQDM?

No but i definitely miss scavenger mode,was great in bf3.
  • GrizzGolf
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I miss Scanvenger
  • FlatcapJohnson
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here's hoping for the next battlefield title to be just a little more about skill than mass appeal. I absolutely hated snap on aim assist in any battlefield game, it gives people a huge advantage over those who don't want to use it for whatever reason. There's always that argument "casual players need something to be able to enjoy the game" but honestly, if someone doesn't have the time to play as much as others and be equally skilled, then that's just the way it is, of course the person with higher skill and more time into the game should have an advantage. Casual players will still enjoy the game without snap on aim assist, if it's gone for everyone, then it is indeed gone for everyone. Which means, there will still be plenty of people for you to kill even if you're terrible at aiming. Also, it is way more rewarding when you kill someone with only your skill, rather than with an aim assist of that power.

I have nothing against aim assist slowdown, that imo, is needed on consoles. For those who don't know, slowdown is when you are already aiming at someone and it slows down your sensitivity a little. Snap on is when you look in the direction of an enemy and then aim downsights and it automatically aims at the enemy.

What do you think, do you agree or disagree? I'd like to know your opinion.
  • AlexFurman85
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    tbh i made this post late at night when i was just brainstorming some ideas. I am merely making suggestions as to what could make an appearance in the game.
  • Professor_RAWR
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know this is a old thread, but the rumors are up again.....

Not sure if i'm allowed to post links here but it says that DICE is working on battle royal prototype. 100 players max.

So 100 players in Battlefield.... so is it possible to add that to conquest too?

Again this is just rumors.... it's on resetera, reddit, etc.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    I agree it’s not needed. Especially not the way it is/was in BF1.
    I don’t agree it gives people a huge advantage. Maybe just a slight advantage. There are disadvantages too (it will sometimes hop to a different target when there is more than one enemy in front of you).
  • TheRealSharpfish
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Big BF4 player, I hated.. .and was extremely disappointed with BF1 in every respect, from gameplay to theme that set the series back in gameplay options and robbed it of so much fun.

While WW2 is 'better' in this regard, I still wish they'd leave the theme park stuff for other games and do a proper continuation of BF4 with a modern overhaul, but don't change the gameplay, it was great. No slow animations and cinematics over raw visceral player interaction. I pre'd BF4 after loving BF3, and premium. I've never bought another thing from DICE since, including the awful star wars stuff, hardline and esp BF1. BF2018 will have to go some to convince me it's even worth demoing let alone buying. They lost the plot. BF4 was so addictive and fun, thrown away for a theme and cinematic emphasis.
  • Jal-89
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I dont understand how people are so certain its ww2... Obviously it could be, but no leaks so far has had any specific information like the BF1 leak back in 2016.

The only thing all leaks says is "new guns, new maps, its ww2, operations are returning, elites are returning etc".

I really doubt any "leaker" so far.

I think Battlefield 2018 is a Modern Shooter. Their plan is to make us confused.

• steezemcqueen1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    I got bored of BF1 within the first month, which is unusual for me when it comes to Battlefield. The gameplay, the weapons and vehicles, the setting, etc. just don't interest me. It looks amazing though.

I hope the next Battlefield is either set during WWII or after Final Stand/before 2142 and plays more like BF3. I still play BF3 on my Xbox One to this date. BF3 to me is like BF2 and BF1942, I can't seem to get bored of it.

I still think final stand was a sneeky peek at what's next
This discussion has been closed.