113-3 plane score on operations seems balanced

13»

Comments

• KorpusDraige
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    metalloaf wrote: »
    That would be me :) Here's a video from my last Operations:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/q11 WAS A FRAUD/video/47627076

I got 3 x 8 kills at once in my favourite spot for planes in all the game.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/q11 WAS A FRAUD/screenshot/8597047

But still it's nothing to what I do in a tank. I once got 83/0 in a round of Rush :)

You need to increase your FOV for planes. In a dogfight you're completely at a disadvantage against someone who knows what they're doing. You won't be able to see switches at all.
  • metalloaf
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    metalloaf wrote: »
    That would be me :) Here's a video from my last Operations:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/q11 WAS A FRAUD/video/47627076

I got 3 x 8 kills at once in my favourite spot for planes in all the game.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/q11 WAS A FRAUD/screenshot/8597047

But still it's nothing to what I do in a tank. I once got 83/0 in a round of Rush :)

You need to increase your FOV for planes. In a dogfight you're completely at a disadvantage against someone who knows what they're doing. You won't be able to see switches at all.

That's actually very good advice. I narrowed it down long time ago as it was supposed to fix stuttering. I totally forgot about it and I guess now I can change it back. Thanks!
  • StrangeLoop77
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the other day i joined an operations game, i was on the attacking side, and there was a heavy bomber on the defending side, his score was like 50-0 and we had 2 planes (1 fighter, and 1 attack plane) but they were focused on farming infantry kills.
    they didn't care about the bomber killing everybody. i had to wait a long time to get the bomber killer just to kill this guy, then he stopped using the heavy bomber.

so the problem with this heave bomber is.
    1. nobody wants to do nothing or
    2. somebody wants to do something but there are no planes\antiair trunk available because everybody on our side is farming with planes, or with the mortar truck.
  • Emporer2
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the other day i joined an operations game, i was on the attacking side, and there was a heavy bomber on the defending side, his score was like 50-0 and we had 2 planes (1 fighter, and 1 attack plane) but they were focused on farming infantry kills.
    they didn't care about the bomber killing everybody. i had to wait a long time to get the bomber killer just to kill this guy, then he stopped using the heavy bomber.

so the problem with this heave bomber is.
    1. nobody wants to do nothing or
    2. somebody wants to do something but there are no planes\antiair trunk available because everybody on our side is farming with planes, or with the mortar truck.

I find it amusing that he stopped using the heavy bomber after you took him down. Makes you wonder if he really isn't that great of a pilot and relies more on the fact that nardly anyone ever tries to take him down.
  • Neildos
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thanks for this. Never knew why my viewpoint often looked different from videos on YT. Takes some getting used to, wish I had started way earlier with a higher FOV
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Operations is wack
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @KorpusDraige Thanks for that tip - I just changed mine and it's so much better. Added bonus is it makes spotting sneaky players when you're in the Light Flanker Tank ezpz.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Light flanker tank needs buffed