Is bf1 dead

Comments

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bapman63 wrote: »
    Honestly if you are wanting to buy a Battlefield just wait till Battlefield 2018.
    Honestly if you are wanting to buy a Battlefield just wait till Battlefield 2018.

Or or, now this is just a suggestion, don't buy a dice game ever again, they can't be trusted. Insurgency Sandstorm is hopefully coming out soon. That's where my hard earned dollars are going.

If you think playing BF is frustrating, wait till you play Insurgency ... half of the time, you'll be wondering where the bloody hell you got one-shotted from this time.

Combine that, with the introduction of helicopters, air strikes and artillery in Insurgency Sandstorm ... the rage levels will skyrocket.

And Sinjar on Push for the attackers ... my goodness, even Metro is better balanced ... and that's coming from a man who despises Metro ... XD

Let's hope Sandstorm's map design is much better this time around.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Or or, now this is just a suggestion, don't buy a dice game ever again, they can't be trusted. Insurgency Sandstorm is hopefully coming out soon. That's where my hard earned dollars are going.

If you think playing BF is frustrating, wait till you play Insurgency ... half of the time, you'll be wondering where the bloody hell you got one-shotted from this time.

Combine that, with the introduction of helicopters, air strikes and artillery in Insurgency Sandstorm ... the rage levels will skyrocket.

And Sinjar on Push for the attackers ... my goodness, even Metro is better balanced ... and that's coming from a man who despises Metro ... XD

PC only right? Sandstorm is not on console yet. I'm looking forward to it.
  • LieutenantVixen
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Insurgency manages to be worse than RO2, and that's saying something cuz RO2 is a bugged mess with overly restricted maps.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game is trash, save that money.
    Your opinion, game is NOT even close to being trash. lol
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Insurgency manages to be worse than RO2, and that's saying something cuz RO2 is a bugged mess with overly restricted maps.

Dice has fundamentaly changed the game twice since it's come out and not for the better. The way I see it, it can't be any worse.
  • -Antares65z
    1636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This weekend on both days, peak PC players hit over 20K, PS4 hit 42K and Xbox 28K. Doesn't sound dead to me.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Motafied wrote: »

We do not have the same playstyle lol.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

How you know my playstyle? :P
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I know I don't share many characteristics with someone ending sentences with lols. Just something I've picked up on over the years.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

What is your playstyle?
  • von_Campenstein

What is your playstyle?

You mean back when this was a good game or these days? Now I'm a locust camper, hopping from server to server farming kills and leaving as I run out of ammo because Support you know...

Previously;

Short version

Long version
  • von_Campenstein
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

What is your playstyle?

You mean back when this was a good game or these days? Now I'm a locust camper, hopping from server to server farming kills and leaving as I run out of ammo because Support you know...

Previously;

Short version

Long version

Your playstyle seems passive aggressive. Barely anyone shot at you and you were never in danger.

• MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Temp1st wrote: »
    Out of all the "Skill cannons" RSC has the highest kill potential. AL8 and Seb06 is 1 kill guns, Were RSC has enough for 3. This alone gives it a huge advantage

Unfortunately in practice that advantage rarely comes to fruition. I have a 100 service stars with the AL8 .35 Marksman, and have since been working with the RSC Factory (23 stars at the moment). And in my experience it is more common to score two kills per mag with the AL8 than 3 kills with the RSC, and pushing on 2 kills per mag with the RSC.
    I thing this basically boils down to two factors: first, in those scenarios where you are the one "manufacturing" the engagement against more than one opponent, you have the luxury to leverage your accuracy potential and utilize BTK reduction via headshots, whereas with the RSC you are always going for those "lazy" bodyshots. On PC it is exceedingly rare to engage three unaware opponents that don't react when shots go off and team mates start dying around them, so three kills per mag are ultra rare in comparison to two kill situations.
    Secondly, RSC suffers extremely badly from suppression, medium range in particular is important for common engagements in this regard. On head on encounters with LMG users I lose far more than I'd like to, especially considering that with the AL8 I would have won a vast majority of them. I can almost always get the first shot in, but the second is a complete coin toss. And the issue with RSC is that it has a slow fire rate punishing TTK for misses, it is not spammable due to high and erratic recoil making good aim paramount, and it has a small mag (not that any more would help in this situation as you are dead anyway).
    Another way of looking at it is that it requires a 100 percent situational accuracy to leverage it's potential, exactly like the AL8 .35 (assuming a single headshot mixed in) for those two kills per mag occasions. The thing is, with RSC is harder to reach that 100 percent accuracy due to iron sights and erratic recoil, especially against moving targets. Incidentally, I have the same aggregate accuracy of 39 percent with both weapons, so I'm decent enough with both of them, but it feels considerably more difficult to play with the RSC. I often lose out on kills I would have gotten with the other weapon, but rarely get kills I would not have gotten with the other.
    RSC has enough accuracy to kill people further than you can realistically see in most cases anyways from standing. after 100m ranged capability's really becomes moot as you are just a wannabe scout at that point.

I agree here, you can three tap proned scouts no problem, but with the AL8 .35 MM I would have two tapped them in the head way, way faster. And still three shots left in the clip. RSC Factory doesn't facilitate reliable headshots at long range, at least with running min zoom for those more important close/medium range engagements.
    You need a gun that will drop people rather fast so you can get your revives off. And this is were the RSC shines, Fast up close and can take those medium range shots no problem. It's the best of both worlds.

Again I'd argue that the AL8 .35 does it all better and with more reliability. Up close with the RSC the hipfire is workable, but if you don't hit both your first shots you are dead, and the hipfire is not that reliable. Whereas the AL8 has a really reliable hipfire with spammability. In practise this means a larger percentage of wins in 1v1s.
    I already covered the long range (70 meters and up), and medium range. So for me the value of RSC is twofold: a punishing gun that poses a challenge to use, making performing well with it satisfying, and those occasional situations where you can actually carry out the 2-3 kill potential per mag. But if I want to make sure I do well in a game, I choose another gun; AL8 .25 for closer ranged maps and AL8 .35 MM for maximum versatility.
    I guess you could summarize my view of the RSC in the form that it is an excellent gun against poor opponents. I can pull off great games with it, but not consistently like I can with my preferred options for a semi-aggressive playstyle. There are good players that prefer the RSC over the AL8 (@Sixclicks), but a lot more seem to be biased the other way (@lllPeligrolll comes to mind).
  • von_Campenstein

What is your playstyle?

Previously;

Short version

Long version

Your playstyle seems passive aggressive. Barely anyone shot at you and you were never in danger.

So it's passive since I don't get shot at, I make it my business to not get shot, situational awareness some might call it. Also you clearly didn't see the long version.
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game is dead in Australia, all servers keep crashing, its been happening for more than 2 weeks now..... Its dead.
  • von_Campenstein
    I only see 9 official full servers now for all maps and as many rented where there used to be 9 full ones for Amiens alone.
  • Pelliy

What is your playstyle?

Previously;

Short version

Long version

So it's passive since I don't get shot at, I make it my business to not get shot, situational awareness some might call it. Also you clearly didn't see the long version.
    I did that's not a dig at your playstyle. It's just the truth. Your playstyle wouldn't be that altered when it comes to ttk. I thought maybe your playstyle was similiar to dazs or something. I thought your position was that ttk2 makes it about for supper aggressive scouts. Might have not been your argument so I apologise

Some nice shots with the martini though
  • von_Campenstein
    edited April 2018

What is your playstyle?

Previously;

Short version

Long version

I did that's not a dig at your playstyle. It's just the truth. Your playstyle wouldn't be that altered when it comes to ttk. I thought maybe your playstyle was similiar to dazs or something. I thought your position was that ttk2 makes it about for supper aggressive scouts. Might have not been your argument so I apologise

Some nice shots with the martini though

I can no longer push onto objectives as any missed enemy means instadeath with no time to correct the error in screening and also pushing up realizing the whole team is proning behind you gets old fast. Also the Martini-Henry is retired.

Also to mention the servers doesn't play like they used to, a lot of people stuttering about and them affording to miss 3-4 shots to my none it adds up to my conclusion that the game is spray trash with a sprinkle of stutter.
    Post edited by von_Campenstein on
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It died today for me. To many cheats...and the FF stats to go with it