You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

  • StarscreamUK
    7388 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Vic_dutchy wrote: »
    One_NikS wrote: »
    What strikes me is that they didn't even provide a reason for the ban so I'm really, really confused.
    You might want to try BF4DB,see if they give a reason since just following PB in this. There you might also find your guid for search option in the PBBans forum.
    Don't really like BF4Db since banning on ip adress as well,but for this info they are usefull. I can play on a new account almost everywhere again ,but not on BF4DB protected servers,like stealing a car and get sent to prison for life.Not that i cheat,but example to make clear what i mean.

    So Kipling if you still follow this,our fights have to wait. ;)

    @One_NikS,

    Tried that and no ban there,so are you sure you have a ban?

    Global guid bans are only on pbbans if the banned user attempts to join a pbbans streaming server. Evenbalance do not have a publicly available list.
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes Vic im still following this
    Thats a pity about second account..
    Hope you have appealed to PB and get in the end a happy outcome to your situation.
  • BurtTheBlueberry
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Vic_dutchy wrote: »
    One_NikS wrote: »
    What strikes me is that they didn't even provide a reason for the ban so I'm really, really confused.
    You might want to try BF4DB,see if they give a reason since just following PB in this. There you might also find your guid for search option in the PBBans forum.
    Don't really like BF4Db since banning on ip adress as well,but for this info they are usefull. I can play on a new account almost everywhere again ,but not on BF4DB protected servers,like stealing a car and get sent to prison for life.Not that i cheat,but example to make clear what i mean.

    So Kipling if you still follow this,our fights have to wait. ;)

    @One_NikS,

    Tried that and no ban there,so are you sure you have a ban?

    BF4DB bans linked accounts and use a variety of info to find linked accounts. An IP is one way to find linked accounts but a linked account ban is not blindly applied based on an IP. Plenty of accounts use the same IP and are not linked. Also if the 88001 ban is found to have a false trigger then anyone with a BF4DB ban can appeal that ban. If there's no evidence to support a ban outside of the PB violation then the bans will be lifted on all of that players accounts.

    edit: just so you have an idea about what I'm talking about, there are people in this thread with IP links to well over 40 accounts and none are positively linked (owned) by them
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    My GUID under "spinejam" was initially banned for a "linked account" on March 26th 2018 but now it says "Multihack" is the reason. How can that be??? My appeal has been denied I guess b/c I haven't heard squat.
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Have you guy that have been banned not worked out between you to see if there is a common reason, something that you all have installed / on your pc's. The reason has to be something that you all have..
    Post edited by Kiplings_Error_3 on
  • One_NikS
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @Vic_dutchy
    Vic_dutchy wrote: »
    Tried that and no ban there,so are you sure you have a ban?

    Thanks for the link, and yeah, there I am, globally banned by EvenBalance. Sucks to be me I guess. We'll see if anything happens later on - would be cool to be able to play again.
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Did any of you recently banned folks recently reinstall windows? I did but I have my game drive on a separate hard drive so I do not have to reinstall all of my games - I just point my new windows install to my separate game drive after I download Origin. Any chance something like this would trigger a "GameHack" violation???
  • Vic_dutchy
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Did any of you recently banned folks recently reinstall windows? I did but I have my game drive on a separate hard drive so I do not have to reinstall all of my games - I just point my new windows install to my separate game drive after I download Origin. Any chance something like this would trigger a "GameHack" violation???
    Yes i did exactly the same. I did it even wrong (soemhow the download started again,so probably pointed to the wrong folder) and reinstalled bf4 within the bf4 files so had to remove that version again.

    @StarscreamUK,

    I was banned by BF4DB for reason of punkbuster ban,nothing else.Maybe i should appeal there,my stats aren't worrying afaik or can see. The way they do ban,like "this person is banned for this reason,topic closed i.e. case closed" doesn't give me much hope at forehand.

    @BurtTheBlueberry,

    I don't know how else they could have found my new account and linked it than my ip adress.

    @Kiplings_Error_3,
    Hope you have appealed to PB and get in the end a happy outcome to your situation.

    Thanks! Yes i have appealed,and the situation is now that i have to supply info like what program/tool could make this happen and they will look,but so far nothing other than what i described above that punkbuster shouldn't be installed twice in both those folders/files which could lead to .

    Their latest apply,
    We test for commonly used programs, such as Teamspeak and Overwolf. Applications like these would not trigger any false violations.

    Depending on where and how the services are configured, this could happen, but is not 'normal'.


    That being said, simply having PunkBuster service configured incorrectly would not trigger violations. Instead you receive 'Restriction' kicks, like what you have provided before. These 'restriction' kicks cannot accumulate to a ban either.
    I asked about those tools,specifically "overwolf".The other comment is about punkbuster being within the bf4 files and as well in the redist file.Asked about that as well.Maybe the restriction kicks do accumulate somehow to a ban and are they unaware of it.


    @scrubsbechubs,

    You talk about "gamehack" as well as "multihack",so which one is it? Most here are banned for "gamehack 88001".Multihack is another nr="#70000s - Multihack".Explained here,
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/26235#Comment_26235
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Confusing indeed! I guess was banned for "GameHack 88001" originally when I saw my name "spinejam" listed @pbbans.com. When I checked the BF4DB website, it says "Multihack" ban under my name "spinejam". I don't know much about this stuff but it sure seems very screwed up to me!

    I know my BF4 game had to do a repair install when I reinstalled windows prior to my ban. I also had to manually install PB to get the game working.
  • Vic_dutchy
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The mod at BF4DB is wrong,at PBBans you are listed as gamehack 88001 so that's why you're banned,not multihack.

    Saw this just now,
    Appeal Escalation:

    Individuals who have posted a ban appeal may escalate their case upon request, provided their ban has not been issued as a result of a Punkbuster Violation. Appeals made for Punkbuster Violations cannot be escalated, as in order for the ban to be lifted, Evenbalance must admit an error was made when the violation was registered.
    so ban appeal at BF4DB is useless.
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Confusing indeed! I guess was banned for "GameHack 88001" originally when I saw my name "spinejam" listed @pbbans.com. When I checked the BF4DB website, it says "Multihack" ban under my name "spinejam". I don't know much about this stuff but it sure seems very screwed up to me!
    Your ban over at BF4DB is for "PunkBuster Server: VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) #88001: spinejam (slot #1) Violation (GAMEHACK) #88001 [d445c33963b510a5df63726exxxxxxxx(-) 99.179.132.xx:3659]" Not multihack
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    Confusing indeed! I guess was banned for "GameHack 88001" originally when I saw my name "spinejam" listed @pbbans.com. When I checked the BF4DB website, it says "Multihack" ban under my name "spinejam". I don't know much about this stuff but it sure seems very screwed up to me!
    Your ban over at BF4DB is for "PunkBuster Server: VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) #88001: spinejam (slot #1) Violation (GAMEHACK) #88001 [d445c33963b510a5df63726exxxxxxxx(-) 99.179.132.xx:3659]" Not multihack

    Ok, ...thanks for clearing that up - much appreciated! It looks like some additional info was added today over there by Scavenger. ^^

    I know last month I had signed into my Origin account on two different PC's at different times. The reason: I built my son a new computer and I played one or two low resolution BF4 games on it to test the new machine's overclock stability. I subsequently removed Origin immediately after that testing b/c that computer has a passive low powered video card which sucks. I went back to my personal gaming PC and shortly thereafter, this ban happened. I then purchased a second BF4 Premium game a few days after the "spinejam" ban thinking the ban was some BS tech glitch and I started playing under "XrbeX". After using this second account for a short period of time, it has been banned also. Would doing something like that constitute my violation(s)? If so, then I am guilty and I apologize for my ignorance and wasting everyone's time here.
    Post edited by scrubsbechubs on
  • BurtTheBlueberry
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Vic_dutchy wrote: »
    The mod at BF4DB is wrong,at PBBans you are listed as gamehack 88001 so that's why you're banned,not multihack.

    Saw this just now,
    Appeal Escalation:

    Individuals who have posted a ban appeal may escalate their case upon request, provided their ban has not been issued as a result of a Punkbuster Violation. Appeals made for Punkbuster Violations cannot be escalated, as in order for the ban to be lifted, Evenbalance must admit an error was made when the violation was registered.
    so ban appeal at BF4DB is useless.

    In your case you were linked by your ip. Also the multihack tag is simply the tag used at bf4db for the gamehack series of violations punkbuster gives. A ban appeal at bf4db is pointless until there is confirmation that there is a false positive. Once EB can confirm there is a false positive then make an appeal at bf4db and your case will be reviewed looking past the violation. If other evidence is found then the ban will remain but if there is no evidence of cheating then the ban will be lifted but bf4db operates under the pretense that a PB violation is a valid form of evidence since PB is an official anti-cheat
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This fresh install of Windows i think is a false trail to go down.. I have a personnel friend that had a fresh windows install but had his BF4 on a separate ssd. Punkbuster kept kicking him (i was thinking that he had also been clobbered). But as soon as he swapped his BF4 to his C drive then he had no issues.
  • StarscreamUK
    7388 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Fresh install I would think is a false trail, as is the seperate drive. I've moved mine about mutliple times between various drives
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13693 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Fresh install I would think is a false trail, as is the seperate drive. I've moved mine about mutliple times between various drives

    This.

    I recently reinstalled win10 myself, And I have 4 dedicated drives for games, With games from Origin installed across all 4.
  • MostKnife
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    What really confuses me about the #88001 is that I was originally being kicked for 2 minutes, almost as if I was being given a chance to correct/ change a setting. I tried multiple things(restarts/disabling Av/reinstall pb) etc which appear to be logged with my ban (as pictured) before it went permanent.

    Why is it after the ban , could go through a full trial period until it expired of BF4 on the same hard drive (just changing the origin details to the trial details) and no problems/ kicks at all.

    Surely, it cant be conflicting software related .

    Confusing.....


    Does this show my multiple attempts to join a server during my 2 minute kicks? I believe it does.

    vg66h0.png


  • LOLGotYerTags
    13693 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    MostKnife wrote: »
    What really confuses me about the #88001 is that I was originally being kicked for 2 minutes, almost as if I was being given a chance to correct/ change a setting.


    The 2 minute kick is a generic looping kick, Even after 2 minutes it will continuously kick you regardless of what you change.

    The ban is tied to the GUID ( A combination of the game cd key and the Account ), So by having a new account + new copy of the game, The GUID is different thus not banned.
  • Sonomak
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I finally got a response from Alex J of Even Balance after 3 weeks. Just to add to this thread what he said;
    The provided GUID is banned by us, Even Balance, creator of PunkBuster.

    We are not affiliated with any third-party site like PBBans.com or GGC-Stream.net.

    Again, we do not find the violation provided to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

    The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a *global ban* from PunkBuster enabled game servers.


    We will investigate any credible information regarding any possible false detections. If you think you have found a specific program that causes a false detection please let us know.

    I've tried and done everything to appeal this ban or get some information on what this ban could be about but to no avail. It's frustrating but I'm giving up, it's been over a month now and nothing has changed. I still don't know the difference between an unofficial ban and an official one is.
    I haven't played the game in 2 years and only played it for a few hours at the start of March before I was banned the next time I tried to play a few days later.
    I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully this issue will be resolved.
  • HurricaneAttack1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    Sonomak wrote: »
    I finally got a response from Alex J of Even Balance after 3 weeks. Just to add to this thread what he said;
    The provided GUID is banned by us, Even Balance, creator of PunkBuster.

    We are not affiliated with any third-party site like PBBans.com or GGC-Stream.net.

    Again, we do not find the violation provided to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

    The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a *global ban* from PunkBuster enabled game servers.


    We will investigate any credible information regarding any possible false detections. If you think you have found a specific program that causes a false detection please let us know.

    I've tried and done everything to appeal this ban or get some information on what this ban could be about but to no avail. It's frustrating but I'm giving up, it's been over a month now and nothing has changed. I still don't know the difference between an unofficial ban and an official one is.
    I haven't played the game in 2 years and only played it for a few hours at the start of March before I was banned the next time I tried to play a few days later.
    I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully this issue will be resolved.


    That *removed* Alex J will just let you to buy a new game.

    We afford their mistake??? Go to hell!

    Let's send it again and again. Including this website, tell them how many players have a false ban!
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
This discussion has been closed.