Battlefield 2018

Comments

• Simk1n
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Big BF4 player, I hated.. .and was extremely disappointed with BF1 in every respect, from gameplay to theme that set the series back in gameplay options and robbed it of so much fun.

While WW2 is 'better' in this regard, I still wish they'd leave the theme park stuff for other games and do a proper continuation of BF4 with a modern overhaul, but don't change the gameplay, it was great. No slow animations and cinematics over raw visceral player interaction. I pre'd BF4 after loving BF3, and premium. I've never bought another thing from DICE since, including the awful star wars stuff, hardline and esp BF1. BF2018 will have to go some to convince me it's even worth demoing let alone buying. They lost the plot. BF4 was so addictive and fun, thrown away for a theme and cinematic emphasis.

BF4 is not the pinnacle of the franchise, it was broken on release. Why would players want more of the same it’s this reason that COD is dying as a franchise. I enjoyed Hardline and BF1 because they took the franchise in new interesting directions while maintaining the BF theme, teamwork based shooter with frostbite engine. I could careless where the theme goes this year as long as it’s fun to play and does not suffer from massive technical issues and DLC delays.

BF4 broke on release, what is that have to do with anything? its not broken now. Why people want more of the same? isnt that exactly what we are getting now? WW1 to WW2?

Battlefield 5 cant come soon enough!
  • Simk1n
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Big BF4 player, I hated.. .and was extremely disappointed with BF1 in every respect, from gameplay to theme that set the series back in gameplay options and robbed it of so much fun.

While WW2 is 'better' in this regard, I still wish they'd leave the theme park stuff for other games and do a proper continuation of BF4 with a modern overhaul, but don't change the gameplay, it was great. No slow animations and cinematics over raw visceral player interaction. I pre'd BF4 after loving BF3, and premium. I've never bought another thing from DICE since, including the awful star wars stuff, hardline and esp BF1. BF2018 will have to go some to convince me it's even worth demoing let alone buying. They lost the plot. BF4 was so addictive and fun, thrown away for a theme and cinematic emphasis.

BF4 is not the pinnacle of the franchise, it was broken on release. Why would players want more of the same it’s this reason that COD is dying as a franchise. I enjoyed Hardline and BF1 because they took the franchise in new interesting directions while maintaining the BF theme, teamwork based shooter with frostbite engine. I could careless where the theme goes this year as long as it’s fun to play and does not suffer from massive technical issues and DLC delays.

BF4 broken on release, what does that have to do with anything?? Why people want more of the same? Isn't that exactly what we are getting now? WW1 to WW2?

Just get done with this rubbish WW1/WW2 era and give us BF5.

• Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    HI,
    Checking CoD for last year (2017) - the following :
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/12/01/dont-look-now-but-call-of-duty-wwii-is-shaping-up-to-be-an-absolute-sales-monster/#76b1fc4204c2
    I wonder if EA/DICE will introduce loot boxes into BF V ?
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly the Last 5 BF had Modern settings except BF1.

If you want modern setting Play BF4 or Hardline. Even on PS3 you find Games for BF3.

I want WW2 setting.
  • GlobalDutchy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Just a quistion for the fevs.... and I know that this question is going to get a lot of hate and backlash but my question is: here we go....

is BFv on console getting mouse and keyboard support.
    Fortnite has it and it works so so good. If you guys ever decide to be future proof and cross platform this game, it will be a great addition.
    Not everyone can affort a expensive PC, has the skilll with a controller but love M&K.

I hope so, Would be a 100% reason for me to insta pre order!
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Simk1n wrote: »

BF4 broken on release, what does that have to do with anything?? Why people want more of the same? Isn't that exactly what we are getting now? WW1 to WW2?

Just get done with this rubbish WW1/WW2 era and give us BF5.

WW2 is speculation unless you are a developer you don’t know more then anyone else here. BF5 if that is the title seems like a sequel/prequel to BF4.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    HI,
    Checking CoD for last year (2017) - the following :
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/12/01/dont-look-now-but-call-of-duty-wwii-is-shaping-up-to-be-an-absolute-sales-monster/#76b1fc4204c2
    I wonder if EA/DICE will introduce loot boxes into BF V ?
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

COD fanboys and bandwagons will buy anything COD, it transcends gaming its a pop culture icon. Majority of the games in the franchise are trash and repetitive. Sales does not mean the game is good.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018

COD fanboys and bandwagons will buy anything COD, it transcends gaming its a pop culture icon. Majority of the games in the franchise are trash and repetitive. Sales does not mean the game is good.

That's true. Sales can indicate a successful release and marketing campaign....but as we seen in other games, it can be quickly diminished by just a bad gaming experience.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They haven't even announced BFf/2018 yet so there's no way anyone will know the answer to this question and DICE/EA won't give any specifics until after it's officially announced. (Taking a guess, I would say no, but you can still use devices like the XIM to get around it.)
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't have anything nice to say, so I just won't

I just disagree that M&K have any place on consoles. Thumbsticks have always been the standard of play on consoles, and it should stay that way
  • Psychopski
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF2018 Pathfinder class? http://www.specwarnet.net/americas/army_pathfinders.htm

Hoping to see a Pathfinder type class that’s a WWII version of BF4’s Recon class but with the Spawn Beacon and Carbines.
  • Toxic_CA
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they dont. If you want to use mnk, buy a cheap controller. Using an advantage like that is scrubby
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just a quistion for the fevs.... and I know that this question is going to get a lot of hate and backlash but my question is: here we go....

is BFv on console getting mouse and keyboard support.
    Fortnite has it and it works so so good. If you guys ever decide to be future proof and cross platform this game, it will be a great addition.
    Not everyone can affort a expensive PC, has the skilll with a controller but love M&K.

I hope so, Would be a 100% reason for me to insta pre order!
    If it will get support I wont buy it.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Motafied wrote: »
    Reading the average comments here about praising BF4 to the death... proofs that the average person never played any Battlefield before 3/4... BF3 was very good. BF4 was mediocore at its best. The game was so casual.

Honestly, I have been playing Battlefield since 1942... Mostly the mods Forgotten Hope 1 & 2. Both WW2 mods. How long was that ago? We want a WW2 Battlefield shooter to change the history of WW2 shooters... the engine they are using now will make this easy the best WW2 of the best 20 years. Imagine D-Day or the Battle of Stalingrad on Operations? Or attacking the ruins of Berlin in 1945. Not even talking about the endless weapons they can add to that game.

Would even love more to dive bomb with a Stuka. I REALLY hope for a WW2 shooter from DICE.

Theres so many awesome possibilities regarding aircraft... I want p-40s and the like but theyll probably go "mainstream" with the p51s, 109s, 190s, blah blah blah..

Lets hope they go all out with the Heinkel Lerche variants or TB-3 mothership with i-16s you can launch after spawning.. Man, the possibilities..

EDIT: Was the TB-3 called the Zveno if it had its i-16 racks??

Someone pls tell me theyre a il-2 player.....

• MBT_Kane
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    I miss the old days playing Battlefield Bad company 2 and Battlefield 3 I really hope the new ww2 is going to be good and bring back the old community.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14422 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 2018
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories/off-topic

This is the BF1 section so please use Off Topic.

:edit:
    Moved to OT.
  • MBT_Kane
    edited April 2018
    hope the new game is like the old days like bad company 2 and battlefield 3. bring back the community. were skill matters
  • MBT_Kane
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories/off-topic

This is the BF1 section so please use Off Topic.

:edit:
    Moved to OT.

Thank you my bad am new to the forum
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the good ol community is long gone. It's different now. Still just as salty and entitled, but different.
  • Imcrine
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Motafied wrote: »
    Reading the average comments here about praising BF4 to the death... proofs that the average person never played any Battlefield before 3/4... BF3 was very good. BF4 was mediocore at its best. The game was so casual.

Honestly, I have been playing Battlefield since 1942... Mostly the mods Forgotten Hope 1 & 2. Both WW2 mods. How long was that ago? We want a WW2 Battlefield shooter to change the history of WW2 shooters... the engine they are using now will make this easy the best WW2 of the best 20 years. Imagine D-Day or the Battle of Stalingrad on Operations? Or attacking the ruins of Berlin in 1945. Not even talking about the endless weapons they can add to that game.

Would even love more to dive bomb with a Stuka. I REALLY hope for a WW2 shooter from DICE.

I wholeheartedly agree.
    BF3 was such a fenominal and revolutionary game that all titles that have came out after it pale in comparison.
This discussion has been closed.