Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• S1W__78
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    S1W__78 wrote: »
    No weapons. No class progress. Kicked for spawning in vehicle. Doesn’t matter if empty game or wait in queue.

PS4 FYI

So, has it been like that for last couple of weeks on Ps4 as well?

Yeah, on and off for a couple weeks, but more on than off last few days.
  • allsacks
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hi EA, Braddock512
    Can you give us some detail on how the servers are more stable Friday 20-4-2018 and Sat (Morning) 21-4-2018 vs the 5 days prior?
    I ask as Last weekend the same thing happened,
    all weekdays servers down, Weekend stable, this week all weekdays servers down,
    Now weekend stable...
    Thanks
  • Metal_Jockets
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

we have at least 2 more announcements to share regarding this issue and next steps.
    -

Thankyou Braddock..Its very much appreciated, all that we really ask is to be informed and kept in the loop with issues in regards to our game especially when it's down for a considerable amount of time..

As for the time zone ...one tends to forget that its a big ol world ..cheers.
  • FCG_Shadow
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

As for the time zone ...one tends to forget that its a big ol world ..cheers.

Didn't forget. It doesnt matter. They should have an Asian/Oceanic community team. The timezone issue is theres.
  • Lewk86
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I just got kicked by an admin from x8 server for latency. But my ping is 24 and has been a steady 24 the whole time. Why am I kicked for latency?
  • ShevermiN
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lewk86 wrote: »
    I just got kicked by an admin from x8 server for latency. But my ping is 24 and has been a steady 24 the whole time. Why am I kicked for latency?

Nobody here can answer that question... probably being trolled by the admin ??
  • Lewk86
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I just feel like while the server issue is being resolved from major latency issues and disconnects, that kicking someone at the moment for latency is unfair. Perhaps they have a faulty reading, cause I'm steady with a very low ping.
  • ShevermiN
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just feel like while the server issue is being resolved from major latency issues and disconnects, that kicking someone at the moment for latency is unfair. Perhaps they have a faulty reading, cause I'm steady with a very low ping.

Were you in a tank ??
  • zombifiedstalker
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No weapons. No class progress. Kicked for spawning in vehicle. Doesn’t matter if empty game or wait in queue.

PS4 FYI

So, has it been like that for last couple of weeks on Ps4 as well?

Yeah, on and off for a couple weeks, but more on than off last few days.

Oh ok, that's weird. Been ok on xbox except for 2 days back when it all started. Some server voodoo with hitreg and disconnects at end of round etc. But been easy enough to just join another server. Nothing unplayable like seems to be happening to pc. Strange...
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its back, everybody's pings went up to 350+ and server died
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Servers seems fine now I have been playing for a few hours not one drop out.

A few people in the servers kept saying server lag; I never experienced any.

EA could be on a fix here.

Thank you. I have had withdrawals hehehe.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Yeah i just played for a few hours or so, all in the same server and no crashes. It did seem to be a bit laggy a couple of times but overall was good.

EDIT: can anyone else not log into web companion?
    Post edited by SumwhatKrazy on
  • Happy_fisho
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2018
    I am a PC user and still hardly any servers available for Australia Have to play on Asia servers and ping is 200+. :-(
    Why is this not fixed? It has been broken for a while now.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    I am a PC user and still hardly any servers available for Australia Have to play on Asia servers and ping is 200+. :-(
    Why is this not fixed? It has been broken for a while now.

Check your filters as there are plenty now and things appear to be back to normal.
  • 4getting2duck
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    helvetta wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to refund their full purchased game?

My purchase is still in warranty and I purchased at release, so every other Australian will fall under the same category.

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/origin/origin/origin-au-returns-and-cancellations/

The game currently has a major fault, which I believe has exceeded the reasonable time frame of repair. If a new customer were to look at purchasing the game today, they would not do so with the games current status.

I have tried two chat sessions both of which were awful and kept referring to the Great Game Guarantee, the United States Warranty, the Warranty of the physical disc(not the media on the disc, in this case the game, but the actual disc). They continuously ignored the Australian Warranty. The first rep tried to make me feel bad for wanting to refund it, top service?

I tried the 1800 number but the call centre, which by the sounds of it is based in the Philippines, (I've worked in telco for the past 10 years so I am nothing but patient with call centre staff) the guy couldn't understand me or find my account after spelling everything out phonetically. After about 2 hours of chat session with online help I just couldn't take it and politely ended the call.

Do I have to email EA's ACCC account? Are there other avenues?

Side note for people who have a jab at someone for trying to refund an item even though they have a fair amount of use in it: A product has a warranty for a reason, if you don't want to take advantage of what you are entitled to, that's up to you, your decisions should not be forced upon anyone else. If this full game was on a subscription basis where I pay month to month then I would just cancel until the problem is resolved. This game is not though so I am seeking a refund. Australia constantly get shafted in the market of digital goods so when something like this comes up I am glad we have some extra protection.

I am in the process of getting a refund. My refund request has been approved have been told it will take 7 days. I would suggest chatting to EA in the morning to get their US operators (Under Warranty) and mention you are in Australia.

Good luck.
  • Lewk86
    edited April 2018
    And, we have at least 2 more announcements to share regarding this issue and next steps.

Thanks again, everyone, for your patience. I know the situation has been less than ideal, to say the least.

I'm really looking forward to sharing more information, but we are engaged further testing before I can.

-Braddock512-

Hi @Braddock512

When you say you're "really looking forward to sharing more information", are you alluding to some sort of compensation to us Aussies for the downtime? (Be it in-game rewards or such..) An explanation of what went wrong? And what's being done to rectify this issue permanently?

Thank you,
    Lewk :smile:
  • Braddock512
    1176 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Hi @Braddock512

When you say you're "really looking forward to sharing more information", are you alluding to some sort of compensation to us Aussies for the downtime? (Be it in-game rewards or such..) An explanation of what went wrong? And what's being done to rectify this issue permanently?

Thank you,
    Lewk :smile:
    When we can officially declare an ALL CLEAR, we'll have more information to share.

-Braddock512-
  • Lewk86
    The servers just went down for me again :( It's funny how hopes are quickly dashed.
  • GaZZa59
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Still server disconnection issues........how woefully inept are EA?
  • Mightylaz
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GaZZa59 wrote: »
    Still server disconnection issues........how woefully inept are EA?

Servers aren't buggered, it's just the April update.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!