You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sonomak wrote: »
    I finally got a response from Alex J of Even Balance after 3 weeks. Just to add to this thread what he said;
    The provided GUID is banned by us, Even Balance, creator of PunkBuster.

We are not affiliated with any third-party site like PBBans.com or GGC-Stream.net.

Again, we do not find the violation provided to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a *global ban* from PunkBuster enabled game servers.

We will investigate any credible information regarding any possible false detections. If you think you have found a specific program that causes a false detection please let us know.

I've tried and done everything to appeal this ban or get some information on what this ban could be about but to no avail. It's frustrating but I'm giving up, it's been over a month now and nothing has changed. I still don't know the difference between an unofficial ban and an official one is.
    I haven't played the game in 2 years and only played it for a few hours at the start of March before I was banned the next time I tried to play a few days later.
    I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully this issue will be resolved.

That *removed* Alex J will just let you to buy a new game.

We afford their mistake??? Go to hell!

Let's send it again and again. Including this website, tell them how many players have a false ban!

I know this is frustrating, but I'm gonna defend Alex J here for a sec. From everything I've seen with people getting replies from EB, most seem to be from Alex J. Now look at how many people get banned per day (that we can see anyway), not just this code, but all violation codes and from a variety of games. If he's responding to most of these himself or even with a small team, it's probably extremely tedious. I'm willing to bet a very large percentage are probably guilty of cheating. So generic replies make sense for initial replies as it probably weeds out many guilty people right away who won't keep pushing the issue. I'm sure due to the quantity of tickets submitted or re-opened each day, the time frame for replies suffers. Trust me, I get frustrated too, but getting pissed at someone for doing there job isn't particularly helpful either. I think the more we offer suggestions, or idea's, and submit software for review tends to lean in our favor and he may start replying with fewer generic answers and more tailored ones. This may not be a popular reply, but I do feel we need to cut Alex a little slack. After all, he deals with a large percentage of cheaters every day, that has to suck and be frustrating too.
  • StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I can give you a whole list of cheating software detected by punkbuster, but that wouldnt solve anything.

They don't get paid per ban you know.
  • Kanmanhei
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sonomak wrote: »
    I finally got a response from Alex J of Even Balance after 3 weeks. Just to add to this thread what he said;
    The provided GUID is banned by us, Even Balance, creator of PunkBuster.

We are not affiliated with any third-party site like PBBans.com or GGC-Stream.net.

Again, we do not find the violation provided to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a *global ban* from PunkBuster enabled game servers.

We will investigate any credible information regarding any possible false detections. If you think you have found a specific program that causes a false detection please let us know.

I've tried and done everything to appeal this ban or get some information on what this ban could be about but to no avail. It's frustrating but I'm giving up, it's been over a month now and nothing has changed. I still don't know the difference between an unofficial ban and an official one is.
    I haven't played the game in 2 years and only played it for a few hours at the start of March before I was banned the next time I tried to play a few days later.
    I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully this issue will be resolved.

That *removed* Alex J will just let you to buy a new game.

We afford their mistake??? Go to hell!

Let's send it again and again. Including this website, tell them how many players have a false ban!

I know this is frustrating, but I'm gonna defend Alex J here for a sec. From everything I've seen with people getting replies from EB, most seem to be from Alex J. Now look at how many people get banned per day (that we can see anyway), not just this code, but all violation codes and from a variety of games. If he's responding to most of these himself or even with a small team, it's probably extremely tedious. I'm willing to bet a very large percentage are probably guilty of cheating. So generic replies make sense for initial replies as it probably weeds out many guilty people right away who won't keep pushing the issue. I'm sure due to the quantity of tickets submitted or re-opened each day, the time frame for replies suffers. Trust me, I get frustrated too, but getting pissed at someone for doing there job isn't particularly helpful either. I think the more we offer suggestions, or idea's, and submit software for review tends to lean in our favor and he may start replying with fewer generic answers and more tailored ones. This may not be a popular reply, but I do feel we need to cut Alex a little slack. After all, he deals with a large percentage of cheaters every day, that has to suck and be frustrating too.

Don't defend those who do things like China court. Because "defend them" = "indirectly attack others".

There is a Cantonese proverb: If you don't have the diamond tools, don't undertake porcelain job. That means don't do things which beyond your ablity.

Punkbuster no longer updates, and cheating softwares need to be paid, must be updating everytime. Passing through PB is an easy job. Can you give me a paid cheating software that can be decetived by PB?!

Evenbalance is cease to exist except in name, now they can only do the false ban and handle trouble tickets casually to prove they are still alive.
  • Dornnn
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Kanmanhei wrote: »
    Punkbuster no longer updates, and cheating softwares need to be paid, must be updating everytime. Passing through PB is an easy job. Can you give me a paid cheating software that can be decetived by PB?!

Evenbalance is cease to exist except in name, now they can only do the false ban and handle trouble tickets casually to prove they are still alive.

This is very true noticed.

In fact, the program is in place, how can it work correctly if time passes? We all know that the software very quickly becomes obsolete. Anti-cheat is essentially like an antivirus and must constantly be new.

But how to support it, if the games are obsolete and do not have value for the procurer. Soon comes the fifth part, and this will be the final end of the fourth part.

• SpoolaZ
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    You're only disappointed that it does not work like before, when PB was completely blind to payed cheats.
  • Raif71
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Various people have complained, cussing out the system that we have to work with and the people trying to make it work.
    Reality is that cheaters wreck the game.
    The system may not be perfect, but it does for the most part catch those who would wreck the game by cheating.
    I suspect that the percentage of cheats vs. legit players is a small drop in the bucket , but like carpenter ants, if allowed to go unchecked will eventually demolish the whole building.
    My heart goes out to those who may have been unjustly banned, but my experience is that they are but a few.
    The anti-cheats are designed not to go after "the innocent" but those who wreck the game.
    Until we have a better system, we must use what we have.
    Thank you to those who have posted appropriately as this will no doubt help those with real issues to get them resolved.

Thank you to @LOLGotYerTags and @StarscreamUK for allowing this post.
    Over all, the information shared here will help Both those wrongly banned finding out proper ways to gain resolution, and those justly banned to move on.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ^ Great post. And thank you.
  • MostKnife
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yes, well put Raif71. Anti cheat integration has given us years of awesome gaming and they are pretty good at it too. It slightly niggles me not knowing why the ban happened, but looking at the bigger picture we have to be grateful for what they do.
  • lSDIl
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    MostKnife wrote: »
    Yes, well put Raif71. Anti cheat integration has given us years of awesome gaming and they are pretty good at it too. It slightly niggles me not knowing why the ban happened, but looking at the bigger picture we have to be grateful for what they do.
    ^ :D:D:D Have you been on an Official server lately?
  • thegrizz72
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Stop with the official servers already, everyone knows, it's not new, has been going on for sometime now, geez, DON'T PLAY ON THEM. I see now your even starting your posts on BF4DB, can't wait to see how long that lasts.
  • lSDIl
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Doesn't PB do anti-cheat on official servers though?
  • ul1sses
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    > Start of rant

Something like that happened to me too. I was like one week away from my PC, and when i came back: boom! you are kicked. Discovered that i was globally banned.

My GUID: 0d5f0012

My BF profiles stats: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/ul1sses/stats/382684259/pc/

Tried to get help from EA, the owner of the game, but It's funny how they don't care a single bit.

Openned a ticket on 02/12/2018 to try to resolve my problem with EvenBalance, but since then just got generic answers and nothing that i could really use to undestand what could happened on my end. They even closed my ticket without answering the question from my last message.

I just gave up. EB will not help. Only if it was a massive false-positive wave of bans that would hurt them publicly.

I'm just giving up of EA too. If they don't care about their customers, why should i insist in their products?

> End of rant
  • thegrizz72
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    There is no anti-cheat on Official servers period.Thats why it's full of cheaters.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    thegrizz72 wrote: »
    There is no anti-cheat on Official servers period.Thats why it's full of cheaters.

These recent banwaves triggered all global bans which mean they won't be able to play on official servers as well as ranked servers.
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    These recent banwaves triggered all global bans which mean they won't be able to play on official servers as well as ranked servers.
    They can play on Official servers that dont use PB or dont have it turned on
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

I am under the impression that if someone runs a server in official mode then punkbuster is mandatory. Same with ranked I believe, I'm sure also that the only servers that can run without pb enabled are unranked servers.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14182 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

I am under the impression that if someone runs a server in official mode then punkbuster is mandatory. Same with ranked I believe, I'm sure also that the only servers that can run without pb enabled are unranked servers.

That's my understanding too.
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    There are four types of servers available in Battlefield 4, each governed by the terms of service, and they are as follows:

OFFICIAL - All of the same game type and all ONLY using the Normal preset. This is the only server type that can take players from Quick Match. Owners of Official servers do not have the power to teamswitch people. Server admins cannot ban/kick people and there are no ways to ban or kick. Even punkbuster globally banned player can enter the official server.Anticheat plugin doesn't work in Official server(BF4DB had once developed the plugin that available in Official server, but DICE patched it)
    RANKED - Settings can be tweaked between pre-defined values, but must not exceed certain thresholds. Also admins can ban/kick player and you can enforce weapon rules

UNRANKED - Settings can be tweaked to pretty much any value(for example you can set soldier HP for 1), which can make the Battlefield experience wildly different to what you may be used to. Due to this fact, any stats in this server WILL NOT count towards your stats.

PRIVATE - A server that is secured with a password so that only a select few may access. This is often used for clan matches and competitive events. Again, any stats earned in private servers DO NOT count towards your overall stats

https://bf4db.com/forum/thread/kick-on-officail-server-1368
    Post edited by Kiplings_Error_3 on
  • DIRTYGreeny
    edited April 2018
    There are four types of servers available in Battlefield 4, each governed by the terms of service, and they are as follows:

OFFICIAL - Even punkbuster globally banned player can enter the official server.Anticheat plugin doesn't work in Official server

No that can't be right, globally banned means all servers that have pb enabled hence the word 'global'. Players that are banned by Third party anti cheat sites who are not globally banned cannot be banned from official servers as it is done in the same way as an admin would ban a player from their server locally. Admins can kick and ban using pb but then it doesn't come directly from EB which makes it ineffective on official servers. Basically a globally banned account won't be able to play on any servers where ranking is enabled as pb has to be on for those servers.

This discussion has been closed.