Battlefield 2018

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I think the good ol community is long gone. It's different now. Still just as salty and entitled, but different.

It’s still the same, but the people are different. Same complaints. Same crying. Different crybabies
  • Loqtrall
    12465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the good ol community is long gone. It's different now. Still just as salty and entitled, but different.

It’s still the same, but the people are different. Same complaints. Same crying. Different crybabies

lol, I wouldn't say this place is the same as BL. There's too many quality (and old time) members gone, and the mods have our genitals in a little baggy from the time we log in until the time we leave.

I'll take BL back pls
  • Turban_Legend80

I'll take BL back pls

Yeah, I think we’d all prefer BL back.
  • Loqtrall
    12465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'll take BL back pls

Yeah, I think we’d all prefer BL back.

Those were the days.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can not see how BFV is going to be WW2 themed and and at the same time not going to look like a BF1-reskin UNLESS they are focusing on the WW2 Pacific theatre...

I hope this WW2-leak is the biggest smoke-cloud in the history of gaming reveals....! :wink:
  • GrizzGolf
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    I can not see how BFV is going to be WW2 themed and and at the same time not going to look like a BF1-reskin UNLESS they are focusing on the WW2 Pacific theatre...

I hope this WW2-leak is the biggest smoke-cloud in the history of gaming reveals....! :wink:

Me too
  • GrizzGolf
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love when people fight me online. I always lose.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018

Some things maybe the same but overall it's not even close. BL was extremely lewd at times. I mean there's a thread about incest there. Lol

Also like the new guy up there says the mods are much more strict here. I get banned much more often here. Though my longest ban remains a BL ban for 6 months for telling someone to acquire a paper bag and....
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imcrine wrote: »
    Motafied wrote: »
    Reading the average comments here about praising BF4 to the death... proofs that the average person never played any Battlefield before 3/4... BF3 was very good. BF4 was mediocore at its best. The game was so casual.

Honestly, I have been playing Battlefield since 1942... Mostly the mods Forgotten Hope 1 & 2. Both WW2 mods. How long was that ago? We want a WW2 Battlefield shooter to change the history of WW2 shooters... the engine they are using now will make this easy the best WW2 of the best 20 years. Imagine D-Day or the Battle of Stalingrad on Operations? Or attacking the ruins of Berlin in 1945. Not even talking about the endless weapons they can add to that game.

Would even love more to dive bomb with a Stuka. I REALLY hope for a WW2 shooter from DICE.

I wholeheartedly agree.
    BF3 was such a fenominal and revolutionary game that all titles that have came out after it pale in comparison.

Man...i thought it was one of the biggest turds ever made.
  • Green_Scar-H
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Imcrine wrote: »

I wholeheartedly agree.
    BF3 was such a fenominal and revolutionary game that all titles that have came out after it pale in comparison.

I fully agree too. I have played every BF by this far and BF3 is far better than the other. BF3 was the pinnacle of the series and now it has been downhill for the BF.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It will not be WW2. Book it.
  • Turban_Legend80
    edited April 2018

Some things maybe the same but overall it's not even close. BL was extremely lewd at times. I mean there's a thread about incest there. Lol

Also like the new guy up there says the mods are much more strict here. I get banned much more often here. Though my longest ban remains a BL ban for 6 months for telling someone to acquire a paper bag and....

As soon as we moved to this place half of the regulars seemed to disappear. If it was as popular as BL it wouldn’t be so bad.
    And i’m pretty sure I was banned way more on BL than on here lol
  • BaronVonGoon

As soon as we moved to this place half of the regulars seemed to disappear. If it was as popular as BL it wouldn’t be so bad.

They vanished. I don't want to name names but the first couple of weeks here felt exactly like Battlelog then Poolshark banned them all lol

• Loqtrall

They vanished. I don't want to name names but the first couple of weeks here felt exactly like Battlelog then Poolshark banned them all lol

Yeah, it seems a ton of people couldn't adapt quickly enough to the new (and publicly more strictly enforced) rules. A ton of people got themselves banned in the first few weeks, and I even saw multiple people from BL get banned because they made threads talking about how much they hate the new forum, rules, and moderation after getting their comments deleted or threads closed.

That's not to mention the ton of people who didn't even come over because they preferred BL. I remember when people were making threads on BL asking why they couldn't just stay with that forum and add new BF1 subforums.

It, frankly, made no sense to me. Other than the fact that no profanity or insulting behavior is more strongly enforced, it's essentially just a new forum. Idk why so many people who were on the BL forums EVERY day were so opposed to simply using a new site.

In saying that, it's less that I want BL back, and more than I want the community from that period of time back. Primarily because this place is full of people who haven't touched the BF franchise before BF4 or BFH, yet still act like they know the franchise and its games as they argue for crazy and highly subjective BS.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi,
    From a map perspective, i think BC2 closely followed by BC1 were the best.
    If it is WW2, then hopefully much less gadgets.
    For gameplay, then BF2:MC - as we had open comms, no self regeneration (vehicles = promoted strategy, and people = promoted teamwork) and some absolutely classic maps - Backstab, and Deadly Pass.
    FPS are now quite generic.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Imcrine
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

fully agreed
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF V really needs to change up the HUB as our current one is messed up
    Cods hub is more organized and easy to navigate

Also between matches we should have the ability to change our load out like cod.

I think these will help the next game be slightly better.
  • Elite_Guard_Yuto
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They should get rid of time based orders. Squad orders should stay on selected flag until SL set up new orders. That or flag status change keeps order on selected flag.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It will not be WW2. Book it.
    Why not?
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    Maybe BF V will not include loot boxes :
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/04/video-game-loot-boxes-are-now-considered-criminal-gambling-in-belgium/
    Some US states are looking into it, and in the Netherlands, loot boxes are deemed illegal gambling in some games.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
This discussion has been closed.