Weekly BF

Game freezes on end of round screen since todays (24.04.2018) update

Normandie-I944
69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
I am not sure if I am the only one with this issue but it is really frustrating. Today I installed the update and played several rounds of operations. Once I manage to finish a round and I get to the end of round screen I see all the ribbons, progress as usual but with a totally black background and the game freezes. I have to shut it down with the task manager to quit. Anyone experiencing this issue since the update?

Comments

• GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Fine on PS4.
  • Nausetor
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same thing. Happened now 2 times in a row right after the update.

Ps4
  • Milomagiccat
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    me too since up grading to 1.22 its a pain have to restart everytime
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What region are you guys? I've just played operations and not had it happen at all.
  • Milomagiccat
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    New Zealand
  • Nausetor
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been playing CQ mixed in EU. Third freeze in 4th game... I'm not sure but there _might_ be correlation to map voting. The only game it didn't freeze at was when I didn't vote the map...

That or the fact that lv 139 to 140 is bugged and shows after every match that you would've gained the lv140. When I didn't vote for the map I also made sure not to check the "level up animation" but rather skip to highlights before that.

I dunno man, I'm too tired to try it out again. Have to leave level 140 for next session.
  • Redback8888
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here on PS4 - freezes between 32 and 36 seconds into the countdown to the next match.
  • Normandie-I944
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hey everybody, thanks for your replies and the confirmation on the issue. As an extra information I'm on PC and playing in the EU region and the game always freezes at the countdown at 44 seconds.

The issue with level 139 - 140 bug is also present in my case. I really hope it will be sorted out soon, because closing each match with the task manager is really frustrating.
  • swalker34
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Having same issue on Xbox. Freezes after every match on summary screen. I am level 139 and initially thought it had to do with the 140 bug but not sure.
  • Nausetor
    Seems to be related to leveling from 139 to 140 now that 3 people have reported it

So, minor Bug but annoying. 4,600 points for me to go though :)
  • sadboyltd
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like they did a hotfix for something, assuming this? But that brought my fps from 60(capped) to 18 on a 1070ti
  • longhorn8847
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same here on Xbox in the US. Game freezes (4 times in a row now) at the end of every conquest match every time and annoys me so much. Lvl 139 here.
  • GRIZZ11283
    So has anybody had this bug that's not level 139?
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    What region are you guys? I've just played operations and not had it happen at all.

Hasn't happened to me either. I play EU and NA on the pro.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    So has anybody had this bug that's not level 139?

Could it be the rank up from 139 to 140? If it was you would think it would happen on every rank up then.
  • Numaga
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same... Rank 139. Crash after every round since last update. Really frustrating, cannot play TDM with friends..

PS4 pro.
  • Normandie-I944
    I gave another try today to see if anything has changed. Apparently there was a quick update at startup but once I finished my first game it crashed again. Hope DICE/EA will recognize this and distribute a fix.
  • hifiduke
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Still screwing up as of 7:48 pm eastern time on ps4. Level 140.
  • ceehill82
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here. On PS4, level 139 and since the updates came out this week my game freezes at the end of a map when it reads “Next Round Starts in 35”. I can still hear audio of other players, but my video is stuck on the end of the round.
  • kampkaos_420_
    So I (Lvl 140) was just on and played for a couple hrs and never froze once on the Pro.

I did notice while holding a 25 to 30 latency (NA East) the icons in the corner looked like fireworks going off. Server showed full bars also. If I struggled to keep a connection with low ping, maybe slightly high get bounced.