Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• Zygurt
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yep, so now they're going down again. I know that intermittent problems are the worst to fix, but how is it fine for days, and then all of a sudden goes down again?
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hahaha
  • DextrousWeevil
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm actually kind of impressed, well over three weeks, still occurring and no updates. You haven't outsourced your tech staff to Nokia Chennai have you?

I'm thinking that Bill Morrow and Malcom Turnbull hooked it up to the MTM NBN HFC.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am so confused about how this could only happen to Australian servers. This makes absolutely no sense what so ever. I think someone in Australia needs to get sacked over this.

The only thing that could explain this is that BF1 is being hosted on Telstra Servers, or wind farms are powering the servers.

• Nomgle
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oh well, we're only TWENTY THREE DAYS into the outage...
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    10 standard Battlepacks as compensation for nearly a month of server issues?

We don't really need nor want any weapon skins whether legendary or not. We want servers that don't crash within 2 minutes. That's all.
  • Dee33z
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Why is it that "Friendly Fire" seems to keep the servers alive?
  • Lewk86
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Except those battlepacks are for all Battlefield 1 players worldwide. Us Aussies aren't getting compensation for this.
  • Ironlions
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    literal ghost town... Aus servers basically all empty
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Dee33z wrote: »
    Why is it that "Friendly Fire" seems to keep the servers alive?

yep..it seems that the only servers that are not crashing are the servers that have custom settings on. -A1- have FF on and BLS are HC..all very stable
  • Ironlions
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    AU Servers completely rooted yet again, EA is an actual joke
  • BundyBear1
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    [Post removed for all caps & profanity]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Inkerone
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For the last few days i can hardly finish a game with out it crashing to menu or servers also crashing ....??!!
  • Ironlions
    edited April 2018
    BundyBear1 wrote: »
    [Post removed for all caps & profanity]

[Post removed for discussion of moderation]
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Lets keep the profanity and discussion of moderation out of this discussion.

We understand your frustration but frustration is not a green card to break the rules.

Thank you.
  • Braddock512
    1355 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

We don't really need nor want any weapon skins whether legendary or not. We want servers that don't crash within 2 minutes. That's all.
    The 10 Battlepacks that were released were released to ALL Battlefield players. They have nothing to do with this issue.

Obviously, the issue subsided for a short time and resumed. I'm currently in a Slack channel with the teams working on the issue to consolidate information to help provide an update.

Side note: You can be frustrated, it's totally understandable, and trust me, it's shared frustration. You cannot violate the forum rules, spam, insult, harass or abuse. Full stop.

-Braddock512-
  • Braddock512
    1355 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Lewk86 wrote: »

Except those battlepacks are for all Battlefield 1 players worldwide. Us Aussies aren't getting compensation for this.
    Correct on the first point. The second point: when we have fully resolved the issue, we've already started plans on a compensation package for those affected by this issue.

-Braddock512-

• AnotherWingnut
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well Braddock, they can express their displeasure with this state of affairs and they will undoubtedly continue to do so until the mysterious issue is fixed.

It reminds of that old story about the footy referee.

The player asks him if he will get sent off for calling him a ****.

The ref says yes, he will be sent off.

Then player asks him if he will get sent off if he only thinks he is a ****.

The ref says no, he won't get sent off.

So the player says, 'well then ref, I think you're a ****'.

lol
  • Braddock512
    Well Braddock, they can express their displeasure with this state of affairs and they will undoubtedly continue to do so until the mysterious issue is fixed.
    Thanks for restating exactly what I said. Expressing displeasure at the current state of this issue WHILE adhering to the forum rules is fine.
    Breaking the forum rules, regardless of the issue, is not. (As you've found out from one of our moderators regarding the anecdote you shared.)

-Braddock512-
  • Nateoxide
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for restating exactly what I said. Expressing displeasure at the current state of this issue WHILE adhering to the forum rules is fine.
    Breaking the forum rules, regardless of the issue, is not. (As you've found out from one of our moderators regarding the anecdote you shared.)

-Braddock512-

Brad mate i cant join any server now in Australia, All i get is an Unknown Error Occurred. Just sad now you can't join the servers let alone play them. Can join any other server out side AU.
This discussion has been closed.