Battlefield 2018

Comments

• trip1ex
    5220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    just found out bf2018 is ww2.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Motafied wrote: »
    It will not be WW2. Book it.
    Why not?

A WW2 game will feel like a re-skinned BF1.
    If you take a look at the WW2 European Theatre you will get almost the same feeling of maps when comparing to existing BF1-maps

Argonne Forrest = Hürtgen Forrest
    St. Quentin/Amiens = Carentan
    TSAR = Kursk, Stalingrad
    Sinai, Suez, Fao = North African Campaign

I´d really like to see a popular vote amongst this community and wether they are for or against a WW2-themed Battlefield at this time.
  • herodes87
    1289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't See Why people cry so much for a modern setting again.

You Guys had BBC 1 & 2, BF & 4 and Hardline. Is that not enough for you?

You still can play Bf 4 there are Servers Up.

I want WW2 or Vietnam otherwise i don't buy it.

I am tired of modern reskin Field.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »

People don't like limited and inaccurate weapons I think.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    Motafied wrote: »
    It will not be WW2. Book it.
    Why not?

A WW2 game will feel like a re-skinned BF1.
    If you take a look at the WW2 European Theatre you will get almost the same feeling of maps when comparing to existing BF1-maps

Argonne Forrest = Hürtgen Forrest
    St. Quentin/Amiens = Carentan
    TSAR = Kursk, Stalingrad
    Sinai, Suez, Fao = North African Campaign

I´d really like to see a popular vote amongst this community and wether they are for or against a WW2-themed Battlefield at this time.
    Lol. Nonesense. Thats like saying that BF4 was a reskinned BF3...
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    BF2018 will likely be revealed between April 29 - May 4
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some interesting weapons that were found in CTE rendering files. 3 of them have ties to WW2....maybe they are starting to test these weapons in BF1 so they can perfect these for BFV.

• BaronVonGoon
    7052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 was revealed on the first Friday of May, 2016. If it's their intention to do the same with BF2018, the first Friday of May is next Friday, 8 days away.
  • herodes87
    1289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    herodes87 wrote: »

People don't like limited and inaccurate weapons I think.

Thats Why BBC 2 with Attachment Limits and the XM8 was such an success.
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I swear if BFV has Battle Royale in it I don't know what to think of EA Dice
  • IMEFDIV
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    alucardgr wrote: »
    What is wrong on hardcore mode in BF1:

Cant see teammates on map(even with microphone you cant find your squad) = less fun
    cant see friendly units at all while u r in vehicles(recognise by uniforms)=less fun + teamkills
    Too many options of bullets damage( while in Bf4 there is a fine 60% health and 100% dsmage)

What they made is a REALISM MODE NOT HARDCORE

Make a new mode if you like but why to mess up with hardcore players?
    Even if bf1 is much more boring and doesnt look like BF game anymore(if you compare it with BF2+BF3+BF4) i could be able to play it if hardcore mode was the same
    (i dont forget that hardcore mode was delayed....if i knew it i would never bought the game )

My hc competitive team learned to adapt to the new system, but not without its fails. We team killed a lot, but learned. Best advice. Get your gun game up.
  • D5RAT
    2010 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    they wont ! hardcore will be the same afterthought as in this game . tbf it would have been better had they not half baked implemented it and just given us the 1 game type .
  • ShevermiN
    399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    First of all HC in BF4 and BF3 was broken. Yes there was no minimap in BF4 but there was minimap spotting. Which meant that players could swap to the map to seen the enemy players ??? also no compass which is silly. BF3 at least put the compass back in by the end of the game but it still had the minimap spotting so not really so hardcore. I had no problem with it but you are kidding yourself it it wasn't being abused by players. The minimap spotting keeps the mortar mechanic working in the game which is important. I think the that minimap spotting on BF1 has been toned down quite a bit since BF4. You don't appear if you fire you gun, you do if the spot flare is put up which is how it should work, and spotting drops when a spotted player runs behind cover. This is the mechanic for 3d spotting but I don't know if it's also the case for the minimap spot.
    So overall the minimap spotting on BF1 is the least informative minimap in the BF series remembering that Bad Company had a minimap in HC.

Now BF3 and BF4 had 60% health which made it HC, fine, but this meant that you were mince meat when it came to explosives and other weapons of mass destruction.. This being so I was still able to solo a tank in BF3/4 which is pretty hard in BF1 with the tanks shooting out of all sides. The 60% health also saw a lot of HC servers running infantry only so keep away from the vehicle spammage. So BF1's idea to increase bullet damage seems a better way to go, but at 200% which was the first setting from DICE breaks the game. It breaks the sweet spot mechanic, which regardless of all the complaining is a logical solution to one hit kill sniper rifles which quickscopers abuse in up close encounters. One hit kill in online games is an exploit that lets certain players end up with huge KDR's because they can just make that shot all the time. But with 200% in BF1 all the sniper rifles are one hit kill at all ranges, it makes half a dozen pistols single kill and the same amount of melee weapons one hit kill front on which is not right. And you think the RSC is OP in core, try playing against it in HC.

Battlefield 3/4 also has a few extra quirks in HC like reload full mags ??? doesn't make the game hardcore and was a pain in BF3/4 but to bring it into BF1 was a complete smack in the face for the awesome reload mechanic the game came up with. No 3rd person view in vehicles is also a 50/50 call, yes it makes it harder but due to that simple choice I've not really played vehicles in any of the battlefield titles. And in BF1 HC all the vehicles have no 3rd person view but the horses do, giving them an awesome advantage in HC over all vehicles plus a one hit kill rifle, this completely breaks the Cav in HC to make them a real pain.

So starting with BF1 default settings.

Turn 3D spotting off as always in HC don't need red dots to shoot at, breaks the emersion.

Turn Name Tags off because we are leaving the mini map spotting on so turn the name tags off, clear the screen and if you want to know where your squad mate is just check the mini map.

Turn FF on despite the friendly kills and deliberate TK's as payback which is a dog act, you can't have your team mates walking through your flames, gas, trip bombs etc. etc that just doesn't do it for me.

Turn auto health off this is not a deal breaker because recovering from injuries can be explain it. But no auto regen rewards the squad or team the meds better.

Turn kill cam off this is a HC staple and again is a 50/50 call but does keep sneaky players hidden.

Turn spawn off squad leader back on again this is 50/50 but because this is a subtle game changer and was on in BF3/4 and is missed by some of us.

All other setting are same as default, i feel this would be a killer game mode.
    Post edited by ShevermiN on
  • Loqtrall
    12465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think emplementing the OG Hardcore ruleset would be awesome. I played a ton of Hardcore from BC2 through BFH, and literally couldn't stand to play more than a few matches of it in BF1 - and that was BEFORE the RE-ruined it and made it 200% damage.

Removing player name tags just increased team killing, especially from vehicles who can't even see name tags when they look right at their teammates. 200% weapon damage produced a ttk so low that you get killed by guns like the HR or Automatico in literally a fraction of a second, and it was only worsened by the ttk 2.0 changes that made EVERY automatic weapon kill even faster. It also allows the RSC to become a semi auto OHK sniper rifle from 0 to 70m.

Imo Hardcore was substantially more enjoyable in past games. And the fans have made that clear, as Hardcore servers are getting harder and harder to find, while the Hardcore community is still BOOMING on Battlefield 4.

Also, to the guy above, I never found an issue with 100% explosive or vehicle damage K Hardcore. If anything it made the mode MORE hardcore, and made vehicles an actual threat that should be focused on, and that's coming from someone who has like 30 minutes total in every vehicle combined.

I also have no problem with minimap spotting - the real issue you should be concerned about is AUDIO spotting, or being spotted when you fire your gun. But not only is that not a thing in this game and hopefully not a thing in the next game, but it was easily avoidable in BF3 and BF4 by using suppressors (which don't weaken your gun to the normal extent because you're playing Hardcore).

The real issue with Hardcore to me is thermals. The game mode is already slow and campy enough, and with thermals sitting back and finding enemies to shoot or call out has NEVER been easier. It doesn't matter what camp you use, if you're using suppressors, if you're not spotted, and if you're hiding - thermals will screw you out of trying to play carefully and stealthily in those games.
    ''i would never bought the game''

I wish i didn't too...for a whole lot of reasons.
    This is not battlefield, but a bad COD clone.

Lmao, I'd love one legitimate comparison to CoD from a gameplay perspective. I don't think you could do it. The games are significantly different. The only people who claim BF is becoming like CoD are those who never play CoD.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This is disappointing. I was hoping for a reveal event with trailer in early May, like BF1.
  • -Antares65z
    1784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lmao, I'd love one legitimate comparison to CoD from a gameplay perspective. I don't think you could do it. The games are significantly different. The only people who claim BF is becoming like CoD are those who never play CoD.

In reality BF1 really isn't at all like your latest COD games. However, if you had to pick one thing that would seem most similar, that would the the pace of the game and average TTK. IMO the pace of the action including general player movement dynamics have sped up a bit in BF1.

• trip1ex
    5220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    HC would be cool if it had the regular damage model. I might play it then.

• Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This is disappointing. I was hoping for a reveal event with trailer in early May, like BF1.

It's just speculation for all we know

Westie probably knows when it's coming so it's idiotic to listen to his theories cause we all know he's with EA
  • Gnow1370
    Drakesden retweeted a post by almightydaq that said a teaser would come this coming week, so this week
  • Loqtrall
    12465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Loqtrall wrote: »

In reality BF1 really isn't at all like your latest COD games. However, if you had to pick one thing that would seem most similar, that would the the pace of the game and average TTK. IMO the pace of the action including general player movement dynamics have sped up a bit in BF1.

But the pace of the game is a crawl compared to CoD unless literally all you play is Dom and TDM. And I wish people would take a step back from the ttk situation and realize how fast you could kill people in past BF games. And realize that the only way you're getting a ttk that's not like CoD or Titanfall, or any other shooter out there is if you make it ridiculously long, like requiring 8 rounds to kill someone in cqb.

Otherwise, every game with a sub 1 second ttk (almost every modern shooter in existence) is "like Cod".

I welcome you to play any CoD game in the past 10 years and try to explain how their pacing is similar to BF. Again, I don't think you could do it.

Mere map size and layout alone is enough to set apart the pacing of the two games, and those are only 2 factors.

Imo the comparison is still pointless and nonsensical.
This discussion has been closed.