Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The lack of information being provided at EA here is shameful.

I can't see why a statement can't be provided detailing the reasons for the outage and what the plan is. Even if it does not commit to dates. For example:

Our servers were affected by AAA. We tried to BBBB them on this date,...........We are aware that there are still issues so we are planning to do CCCCC on DDD date.

The thing that EA seem to have forgotten is that customers are pretty loyal; if they are treated with some respect. People will put up with some bad outcomes, if they get their apologies and feel they are being treated as an important customer rather than as numbers on a spreadsheet in some accountants office.

@Braddock512 - It's not just the Aussie and NZ community that are watching this thread and seeing EA treat it's customer abysmally. It's time for you to escalate to your management team that the whole community is watching this and we are collectively disgusted and demand meaningful updates are provided to the ANZ customers.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling that EA's network engineers have absolutely no idea about what's wrong with these Oceania servers. When we had outages in BF servers in the past, EA would always state exactly what caused the outage.

There was one instance when EA servers went down, and EA's representatives notified everyone that it was due to some construction work that damaged some wires. But this time, we have no explanation ... at all. I can understand why Oceania players are so peeved off by this; they have been suffering with this issue for nearly a month, and it appears that no progress has been made.

There has to be someone at EA who knows what's wrong, right? It is highly unlikely that EA have encountered a unique scenario that literally nobody else in the world has dealt with before. EA is acting as if it's Oceania customers are absolute buffoons who have no idea about networking (it's not as if some of us have ... you know, have jobs and responsibilities pertaining to this field, or anything). When I was doing my BSCS, some of my instructors would often note that you can never underestimate how stupid an end-user can be, but damn it, this is taking it to another level.
  • AnotherWingnut
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    They probably contracted it out to someone and are regretting it.

Insurgency is pretty good. Ghost Recon Wildlands is very good but has a very small player base (which is also good as most of them tend to be a bit older). Rising Storm 2 is great but has severe performance problems with stuttering. I often turn off the voice due to too much meaningless chat. PUBG is interesting, but is basically an indie title also with severe stuttering. Day of Infamy is ok, ArmA 3 is still Op Flash, but runs like an absolute pig. Vermintide 2... sucks I think. The people. Rainbow Six Siege should be a fun game but is populated entirely by little germs it seems. I don't know about you, but I can't enjoy a game when getting team killed and listening to some teenager run his mouth. Mind you I had one guy who reckoned he was 33 call me King **** the Great plus a few other choice remarks over chat in Ghost Recon - unhappy because I asked him how old he was when him and his mate were throwing a match for us. Sounded a bit young, the toxic little twerp. They get off on it hey.

Obviously 4vs4 and short matches encourage it, it's why R6 is wasted. It's not really Rainbow Six anyway, if you've ever played any of the old games. More like some ESports trash under the guise of a tac shooter. A waste of a great engine.
    Post edited by AnotherWingnut on
  • 1tass
    35 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gotnoidea1 wrote: »
    As a new member to the battlefield community (which I had the misfortune to join when this all started happening) I can only express absolute amazement at the lack of MEANINGFUL and TRANSPARENT communication from EA on what's occurring. EA, if something is wrong, the community may not like the truth, but they will at least respect you for it. I believe EA are just banking on people to have memories like goldfish and when the next thing comes out, to hope people have forgotten about what occurred. Battlefield is the only program I have issues with... So it's certainly not a connection issue(or just because I live in Australia). While I appreciate Oceania may be a smaller market, the game is not free and we have all paid to play the game. Our payment is just as good as someones from North/South America, Europe, Asia... Anywhere else in the world... Our payment for the product therefore also deserves the same service that any other region would deserve. If EA did not make money from.providing the game to the oceanic region, it wouldn't be made available. I have been keeping track of this forum, and while I appreciate Braddock initially coming out and making contact, the follow up contacts/announcements have been useless and their content(or lack of) have only served to inflame tensions towards EA. Battlefield is great game... But EA, what use is a great game if you can't play it? Why have I paid for something I can use?
    My patience is coming to an end... I will be going back to COD (which is not perfect... but I can at least play it) and a couple of others I can ACTUALLY play.

this true blue aussie legend right here speaks the truth
  • Axlerod1
    1351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/04/ea-continues-abysmal-treatment-of-aussie-battlefield-players-after-nearly-a-month-of-crippling-server-issues/

"I'd say anyone affected is well within their rights to request a refund. Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, which has recently shown it has teeth when it comes to dealing with big, overseas companies in the business of making and selling games."
  • Netranger9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just tried to play,and it lasted about 6 mins-sigh, this is getting beyond a joke guys.
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Time to go back to Steam and see what games they have, I have given up on BF1.
  • sneerfulmite22
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Finally got unbanned by EA( lol) , But I Can say Servers seems to be stable now . My Server ( ALL Classic Map Rotation ) is up for few days now without crashing out. I hope Its not a temp fix
    Post edited by sneerfulmite22 on
  • Nateoxide
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's been okish now for a few days, hitreg is awful at times tho, i'd rather that tho :) Hopefully we are moving forward now.
  • SS142
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Servers are crashing again just now !
  • Mightylaz
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Nateoxide wrote: »
    Hopefully we are moving forward now.

Apparently not. Servers just went down again this morning

• SS142
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Groundhog day
  • BoxEater001
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    wow four weeks now and still nothing, they should hang their head in shame, absolutely disgusting.
  • sabootheshaman
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wow four weeks now and still nothing, they should hang their head in shame, absolutely disgusting.

Mind blowing lack of care for paying customers. Most software companies would give hourly/daily updates on something of this scale. We just get a pat on the head saying it'll get better soon once every few days. How is DICE(Sweden) not involved in this yet? Does no one actually care a damn about paying customers?

I love that EA's CEO is an Aussie by the way. Someone go tell his mum he's been a bad boy.
  • Nateoxide
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mightylaz wrote: »
    Nateoxide wrote: »
    Hopefully we are moving forward now.

Apparently not. Servers just went down again this morning

Ffs.
  • The-Brown-Mist
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Cmon EA, do SOMETHING!!!!!!!!! You're killing the whole community here with your silence and inaction.
  • Nateoxide
    Renewed servers on the 27th of the 3rd 2018. Problem started april 4th so i have only had 7 days of solid no crashing and the rest is all over the shop. So a month is now gone out of the 180 days paid. That's just disgusting. The way we are going will be up to 2 months with no result but no mention from anyone about compensation accept for my friend Zac from EA Help has promises that once they are fixed we will talk compensation even tho In this thread they have said ea help isn't allowed to offer things like that. Trust me i will be holding him to the promise.
  • ZombieVulcan
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Good yesterday, but broken this morning and this afternoon today. #fail
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This just reinforces my decision not to buy BF2018 (whatever era it is). EA is just incapable of running this type of game consistently.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!