so, reporting a cheater

KarmaKinetic
1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
How do I do it when I cant find the name on Origin?
I have a timestamped video, with my local time on it.
Sure they can connect the dots, but where should I go?

Comments

• TheGM86
    915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Define cheating.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    using a Infiltrator kit on Argonne Forrest, not that that has anything to do with my question.

Dont waste my time if you dont have something meaningfull to contribute
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/91390/how-to-report-cheating-in-battlefield-1#latest
    The best way is to report those in game. Just press Esc -> Leaderboard -> Cheater's name -> follow the guide above.
  • KarmaKinetic
    I already knew that, thanks.
    But I am currently not playing, neither is he.
    So the question remains.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I already knew that, thanks.
    But I am currently not playing, neither is he.
    So the question remains.

Can't you search his name in origin? Or battletracker?
  • KarmaKinetic
    Like I said, I cannot find it. It contains only this mark: |
    Multiplied with a number of times I cannot name here since I would be naming and/ or shaming.
    And looking for the exact figure of that undisclosed amount of characters, I can still not define the person in question with 100% certainty.
    But I still need to report this...
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    Multiplied with a number of times I cannot name here since I would be naming and/ or shaming.
    And looking for the exact figure of that undisclosed amount of characters, I can still not define the person in question with 100% certainty.

Send your video to our mods. Maybe they can help you.
  • KarmaKinetic

Send your video to our mods. Maybe they can help you.

Ok, Ill try, thanks
  • ksdff
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I have seen the name your emplying pop up a couple of times in operations on ps4.
    He/She never finishes a round, usually joins mid way, gets a silly amount of kills and 0 deaths then leaves before the round finishes.
    The tag is not even a name, it's something like ||||||||||||||, very odd indeed.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ksdff wrote: »

I have seen the name your emplying pop up a couple of times in operations on ps4.
    He/She never finishes a round, usually joins mid way, gets a silly amount of kills and 0 deaths then leaves before the round finishes.
    The tag is not even a name, it's something like ||||||||||||||, very odd indeed.

That name looks like a play on lvl caps name? Wasn’t it?
  • DingoKillr
    4346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No that has been around longer then Lvlcap. Cheaters use it mostly due to difficulty with manual reporting, that is why people should report in game where possible. Even without video evidence just state in the comments section what the issue is.

People still think they can get away with it, however the stats from that round are also sent allow DICE to examine in detail that players action even if they change or hide their names.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    No that has been around longer then Lvlcap. Cheaters use it mostly due to difficulty with manual reporting, that is why people should report in game where possible. Even without video evidence just state in the comments section what the issue is.

People still think they can get away with it, however the stats from that round are also sent allow DICE to examine in detail that players action even if they change or hide their names.

Makes sense didn’t know that
  • KarmaKinetic
    edited April 2018
    he was using a trial account ofcourse. And VPN. He was very chatty. Fun times.
    They should get rid of those trial accounts, Im positive 90% are used by hackers, who then may or may not get banned only to create another trial account to boost their ego to their fellow hacker buddies.
  • GVlXxf
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/91390/how-to-report-cheating-in-battlefield-1#latest
    The best way is to report those in game. Just press Esc -> Leaderboard -> Cheater's name -> follow the guide above.

however, some( may most) cheating tools have a feature that ban report from origin, in this way, u have to search it name under search bar on origin, remember to write some description like server number( i doubt do the report include this info itself), his/her class used, etc

PS. if u have enable overlay option, but can't report suspected cheating in the game, it assure there was cheaters in the team
  • jrmpt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ksdff wrote: »

Reported one guy with that nick (via origin). He was using a scout and calling infiltrator bombardements with a signal gun on a russian dlc map.

• TheGM86
    915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    using a Infiltrator kit on Argonne Forrest, not that that has anything to do with my question.

Dont waste my time if you dont have something meaningfull to contribute

Too late.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game has gone way downhill anyways and player counts keep dropping so who cares. They've already announced discontinuation of support for the game so just move on
  • RRedux
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well you COULD go through the motions of recording it and then reporting it, but that's a lot of effort and nothing will happen anyway.

Besides, most cheat-engines come with countermeasures. For example, I once played on a fortress map, where a cheater was doing a thing. Not a regular, subtle thing like aimbot, or wallhack, nope, he had basically 3 times as much health as anyone else, and he had eternal amount of grenades that he spammed with about 1 second cooldown. He had over 50 kills that round, where about 40 were grenades.

So, I left the server, went to spectate, and went to spec him. It was the start of a new round, he was running from spawn, and immediately stopped and said "afk 10 minutes". One of the countermeasures cheat engines have is that they tell the player using them when they are being spectated. Since I knew about this, I waited. During the "10 minutes afk" he swirled around, gave orders etc etc, probably trying to get me to leave, cause he knew he couldn't go do anything while I spectated.

So I left, and IMMEDIATELY rejoined as spectator, and went to watch him again. He had moved a little this time, but immediately stopped. Then he wrote in chat "lol some guy is trying to record me but he can't", which pretty much gave him away. How could he tell that someone was trying to record him? I had said nothing since I joined spectating.

Next round started, I was spectating again, and he ran around, never shooting, never throwing grenades, he only dropped medkits and bayonet charged people. The first round, the one before I started spectating, he had been top scorer on his team, ever since I spectated he did nothing.

TL:DR you can't spectate and record hackers since they get warnings when they are being spectated, but it doesn't matter cause even with footage they wouldn't get banned anyway.
  • KarmaKinetic
    edited April 2018
    already recorded it, but he left while I was uploading :)

PS: recognize your story, I caught a blatant cheater on video, took him a few minutes but then he was just standing still, looking at walls.
    For about 15 minutes or so. Didnt do anything anymore.

Post edited by KarmaKinetic on
  • Monranian
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    Well you COULD go through the motions of recording it and then reporting it, but that's a lot of effort and nothing will happen anyway.

Besides, most cheat-engines come with countermeasures. For example, I once played on a fortress map, where a cheater was doing a thing. Not a regular, subtle thing like aimbot, or wallhack, nope, he had basically 3 times as much health as anyone else, and he had eternal amount of grenades that he spammed with about 1 second cooldown. He had over 50 kills that round, where about 40 were grenades.

So, I left the server, went to spectate, and went to spec him. It was the start of a new round, he was running from spawn, and immediately stopped and said "afk 10 minutes". One of the countermeasures cheat engines have is that they tell the player using them when they are being spectated. Since I knew about this, I waited. During the "10 minutes afk" he swirled around, gave orders etc etc, probably trying to get me to leave, cause he knew he couldn't go do anything while I spectated.

So I left, and IMMEDIATELY rejoined as spectator, and went to watch him again. He had moved a little this time, but immediately stopped. Then he wrote in chat "lol some guy is trying to record me but he can't", which pretty much gave him away. How could he tell that someone was trying to record him? I had said nothing since I joined spectating.

Next round started, I was spectating again, and he ran around, never shooting, never throwing grenades, he only dropped medkits and bayonet charged people. The first round, the one before I started spectating, he had been top scorer on his team, ever since I spectated he did nothing.

TL:DR you can't spectate and record hackers since they get warnings when they are being spectated, but it doesn't matter cause even with footage they wouldn't get banned anyway.

I'm sure this hack function of warning about spectators must have been around for at least half a year.
    Not sure how Dice left this backdoor for exploitation.