BF3 Heli vs BF4 Heli

vladinscain
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2018
I want to revive a very old post that I created back in 2015.What do u think about the current bf4 heli compared to the old bf3.I just got bf4 recently and I don't really know all the changes(nerfs,buffs etc) so it would be nice if you can share with me your opinion.
Post edited by xxxCoOlBr33zExxx on

Comments

• vladinscain
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF3/BF4
  • lSDIl
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BF4 heli is more powerful due to pilot TOW, however sabot rounds make them easier to shoot down with tanks if the ground is hilly. MAA is also more powerful, there is no more single jet/heli dominance of an entire round, except on Shanghai.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    In BF4 you have more options for pilot loadouts. The countermeasures are the same.
    Below radar stops enemy heat seekers locking on, but not stinger/igla.
    By there are so many ways you can be shot down you can’t play as aggressive as you could in BF3.

I much prefer the BF4 AH than BF3’s. I run zunis and TOW missile. This deals the most damage to enemy armour. Zunis do great damage against enemy air if your aim is good. And the TOW can one shot all enemy air apart from the transport chopper. It can also lock on to laser designated targets.

Scout pilots can now choose 25mm cannons instead of the miniguns you had in BF3. They are easy mode against infantry but against a half decent pilot running miniguns you won’t stand a chance in a 1v1 even with heatseekers, unless you get a lucky shot on the pilot. The miniguns shred enemy air and can keep those pesky jets away.
    The scout choppers suffered a big mobility nerf in BF4. They feel really sluggish. And the z11 is made of paper; any slight brush against a building, or an attempted landing 1 degree out will cause KIA.
  • lSDIl
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Interesting comment on the miniguns. Out of interest, what's best against aircraft with stealth jets, 20mm or 30mm?
  • Turban_Legend80
    4713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    lSDIl wrote: »
    Interesting comment on the miniguns. Out of interest, what's best against aircraft with stealth jets, 20mm or 30mm?

20mm. But 25mm is best all round
  • Voodoo_S3
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Double flight ceiling in Bf4 makes being successful in the AH on maps with jets more difficult as jets can orbit camp and attack from 90° above, this means jets can be out of range for all weapons/ vehicles accept other jets. I think Bf3 had the same altitude ceiling for both helicopters and jets thus making it more difficult to down a helicopter as it could essentially orbit camp.