Battlefield 2018

Comments

• OP_Glitchmobile
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ''I'd love one legitimate comparison to CoD from a gameplay perspective. I don't think you could do it. ''

they are both crap.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ''I'd love one legitimate comparison to CoD from a gameplay perspective. I don't think you could do it. ''

they are both crap.

Wowza
  • HeaVenZDeaD
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Motafied wrote: »
    Reading the average comments here about praising BF4 to the death... proofs that the average person never played any Battlefield before 3/4... BF3 was very good. BF4 was mediocore at its best. The game was so casual.

Honestly, I have been playing Battlefield since 1942... Mostly the mods Forgotten Hope 1 & 2. Both WW2 mods. How long was that ago? We want a WW2 Battlefield shooter to change the history of WW2 shooters... the engine they are using now will make this easy the best WW2 of the best 20 years. Imagine D-Day or the Battle of Stalingrad on Operations? Or attacking the ruins of Berlin in 1945. Not even talking about the endless weapons they can add to that game.

Would even love more to dive bomb with a Stuka. I REALLY hope for a WW2 shooter from DICE.

Try looking post scriptum up, new WW2 game which imo takes Battlefield to a whole new level. :)

Not sure if im going to buy the next Battlefield. only got Battlefield 1 because my friends plays it when we are together at our Lan parties. Battlefield 1 had ofc great Graphic but lacked in all other areas. worst part was the complete lack of constructive game play. It got too casual.

but im guessing the new game will take place during World war 2.
  • GrizzGolf
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gnow1370 wrote: »
    Drakesden retweeted a post by almightydaq that said a teaser would come this coming week, so this week

I really hope so!
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This is disappointing. I was hoping for a reveal event with trailer in early May, like BF1.

So thats what Dice call around the corner. 4 months waiting to reveal the Game.
  • steezemcqueen1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Big BF4 player, I hated.. .and was extremely disappointed with BF1 in every respect, from gameplay to theme that set the series back in gameplay options and robbed it of so much fun.

While WW2 is 'better' in this regard, I still wish they'd leave the theme park stuff for other games and do a proper continuation of BF4 with a modern overhaul, but don't change the gameplay, it was great. No slow animations and cinematics over raw visceral player interaction. I pre'd BF4 after loving BF3, and premium. I've never bought another thing from DICE since, including the awful star wars stuff, hardline and esp BF1. BF2018 will have to go some to convince me it's even worth demoing let alone buying. They lost the plot. BF4 was so addictive and fun, thrown away for a theme and cinematic emphasis.

Hardline was and still is amazing fun
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I swear if BFV has Battle Royale in it I don't know what to think of EA Dice

That they are trying to stay with trends, and that they have a game engine that perfectly supports once of the wildest trends we've ever seen in gaming.

Big BF4 player, I hated.. .and was extremely disappointed with BF1 in every respect, from gameplay to theme that set the series back in gameplay options and robbed it of so much fun.

While WW2 is 'better' in this regard, I still wish they'd leave the theme park stuff for other games and do a proper continuation of BF4 with a modern overhaul, but don't change the gameplay, it was great. No slow animations and cinematics over raw visceral player interaction. I pre'd BF4 after loving BF3, and premium. I've never bought another thing from DICE since, including the awful star wars stuff, hardline and esp BF1. BF2018 will have to go some to convince me it's even worth demoing let alone buying. They lost the plot. BF4 was so addictive and fun, thrown away for a theme and cinematic emphasis.

Absolutely. Almost everyone who actually bothered playing Hardline, loved Hardline. It was fantastic as a short-term spinoff.

dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    It will not be WW2. Book it.
    Why not?

A WW2 game will feel like a re-skinned BF1.
    If you take a look at the WW2 European Theatre you will get almost the same feeling of maps when comparing to existing BF1-maps

Argonne Forrest = Hürtgen Forrest
    St. Quentin/Amiens = Carentan
    TSAR = Kursk, Stalingrad
    Sinai, Suez, Fao = North African Campaign

I´d really like to see a popular vote amongst this community and wether they are for or against a WW2-themed Battlefield at this time.
    Lol. Nonesense. Thats like saying that BF4 was a reskinned BF3...

In fairness, this is what peopl were commonly saying when BF4 came out.

"Is this BF 3.5?"

It's one of the main reasons why I'm 100% convinced that BFV / 2018 will not be a modern shooter - I just don't think there's anyway, this close to BF3/BF4/BFH, where they can really evolve the game without it feeling like a reskin that recycles a ton of assets we've already have to endure for 7+ years.
  • trip1ex
    5231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    I swear if BFV has Battle Royale in it I don't know what to think of EA Dice

That they are trying to stay with trends, and that they have a game engine that perfectly supports once of the wildest trends we've ever seen in gaming.

Absolutely. Almost everyone who actually bothered playing Hardline, loved Hardline. It was fantastic as a short-term spinoff.

It will not be WW2. Book it.
    Why not?

A WW2 game will feel like a re-skinned BF1.
    If you take a look at the WW2 European Theatre you will get almost the same feeling of maps when comparing to existing BF1-maps

Argonne Forrest = Hürtgen Forrest
    St. Quentin/Amiens = Carentan
    TSAR = Kursk, Stalingrad
    Sinai, Suez, Fao = North African Campaign

I´d really like to see a popular vote amongst this community and wether they are for or against a WW2-themed Battlefield at this time.
    Lol. Nonesense. Thats like saying that BF4 was a reskinned BF3...

In fairness, this is what peopl were commonly saying when BF4 came out.

"Is this BF 3.5?"

It's one of the main reasons why I'm 100% convinced that BFV / 2018 will not be a modern shooter - I just don't think there's anyway, this close to BF3/BF4/BFH, where they can really evolve the game without it feeling like a reskin that recycles a ton of assets we've already have to endure for 7+ years.

WE're not that close to bf4 though. Bf4 came out in 2013. 5 years is long time.

I felt like bf4 was too close to bf3 because it came out 2 years after bf3. Plus was literally broke for a month or two. I watched a bf3 vid the other day and it was on Firestorm and I would thought it was the bf4 version if the vid wasn't about bf3.

Still think the next BF game is ww2 because they can reuse lots of stuff and putting work into Incursions seems like it would transfer over more closely to a ww2 game. At the same time, not as excited about ww2 as I would have been if BF1 hadn't come out. Now it feels like we're going to get a reskinned bf1.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    Absolutely. Almost everyone who actually bothered playing Hardline, loved Hardline.

Its got a few things (weapon customization) that are just over the top and make it an awesome game.. I love it although I dont really play it cause bf1 comes first..

Just wanted to fanboy a lil there..

• HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lordclaw wrote: »
    Does anybody miss SQDM?

No but i definitely miss scavenger mode,was great in bf3.

Everything BF3 was awesome
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope its WW2 and Not BBC 3.

I am tired of modern setting.
  • HeaVenZDeaD
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    I hope its WW2 and Not BBC 3.

I am tired of modern setting.

hoping for vietnam or fictional cold war era world war.

already got my world war 2 game this year, and i Think BFWW2 will be tiny compared to that. :3
  • Green_Scar-H
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Does anybody miss SQDM?

BF3 was/is the best
  • Confucius_o_
    1870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does anybody miss SQDM?

BF3 was/is the best

BF1942 mods Desert combat, forgotten Hope and Eve of Destruction were the best.
    Nothing since has come close to outright, fundamental old fashioned gameplay without silly forced mechanics.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    Does anybody miss SQDM?

BF3 was/is the best

BF1942 mods Desert combat, forgotten Hope and Eve of Destruction were the best.
    Nothing since has come close to outright, fundamental old fashioned gameplay without silly forced mechanics.

BF2 ; Forgotten Hope 2! Omg.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    68Keif wrote: »

OMG WOW another random twitter-update that can support further speculations... looks like we have to wait until June 9th until we get the final reveal...

Why would a random EA-employee drop a tweet like that!?!?!?!?

As it seems now 50% anticipate a WW2-themed game and the remaining anticipate a BFBC3-themed game...

I´m litterally laughing my behind off if it turns out to be Hardline2
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dont think I would mind that one bit.. Just MY opinion tho..
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dont think I would mind that one bit.. Just MY opinion tho..

Yeah. Hardline was great.

As someone who loved Hardline though, I'd be disappointed if BFV / BF2018 was Hardline 2.

I mean, it won't be. They have to aim for a mainstream audience, and you only capture that mainstream audience by doing war-based shooters.
  • WarCrys1s
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Look. Let’s get real for a second. Not a single person on YouTube or anywhere has any facts about BF2018.

Daq posted a video months ago that the next BF is ww1. He was spot on. But the next day all the sponsors youtubers ganged up and said it was WWII. So daq agreed and then he disapeared. That’s all we know.

If there is nothing by mid night tomorrow then Dice Sweden isn’t making WWII and LA BC3. That’s smoke and mirrors. Sweden’s been working on BC3! LA is working on?

It all makes sense if you really think about it. Daq was the only one right before. That’s the only rumor that has any ground to stand. Sorry jackfrags :(

I am assuming announcement soon. And your first indication should have been when JF and level cap said it was WWII and daq was wrong. They would never out the game. So it goes with out saying it’s probably BC3 for real. Your second indication should be the secrecy and third is no VE Day reveal.

We all want a wwii Bf. But honestly.... it’s too soon. BC3 is all but a Announced now. Prove me wrong!
This discussion has been closed.