Game won´t open after joining a server

Lailed
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Hey guys, I´m using win10 and after the latest update came out my game wont open after joining a server. Basically everything works fine, I´m listed in the server score board, battlelog says i´m playing on that server, heck even the process is running but there is no window opening. Already searched for a solution, tried certain things like reinstalling origin and running it in compatibility mode but anything won´t help. I´m kind of like trying to avoid a reinstallation because I got a slow connection. I got an Intel CPU and AMD GPU. Maybe someone got an idea how to solve that problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lailed

Comments

• ro7hbard
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They seem to be doing an update at the moment?? I can't see any servers in the list.
  • Pwnt4rd
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Had a similar problem.
    For some reason in borderless mode bf4 doesn't show up in your tabs. For me it would quickly flash the bf4 icon on my taskbar, then just go away without any way to open up the game (even though it was visible in processes).
    Fixed it like this: Hit test range > play. Quickly move mouse to taskbar where bf4 icon would normally appear. Then just spam click left mouse button to get bf4 actually show up on your screen. Now change to fullscreen mode. Seems to show up in tabs that way. (windowed works aswell, just borderless had this problem)
  • cybergals
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good job :D problem
  • DurtFish
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    YES! changing to fullscreen mode and windowed fix this..... borderless is nice though hope it gets fixed (not willing to test if borderless works after using fullscren then switching back.......after the last hour of trying to fix it)

Thank you SOOOO MUCH! @Pwnt4rd ur a lifesaver.
  • IRussao
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2016
    Lailed wrote: »
    Hey guys, I´m using win10 and after the latest update came out my game wont open after joining a server. Basically everything works fine, I´m listed in the server score board, battlelog says i´m playing on that server, heck even the process is running but there is no window opening. Already searched for a solution, tried certain things like reinstalling origin and running it in compatibility mode but anything won´t help. I´m kind of like trying to avoid a reinstallation because I got a slow connection. I got an Intel CPU and AMD GPU. Maybe someone got an idea how to solve that problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lailed

After the AU, i have exactly the same problem, i will try the borderless fix
  • IRussao
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IRussao wrote: »
    Lailed wrote: »

Lailed

After the AU, i have exactly the same problem, i will try the borderless fix

yup, i can confirm, it worked, all i had to do was to change to fullscreeen mode, i edited the PROFSAVE_profile file:
    GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1
  • toretang77
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Was having the same problem, but the problem was caused by TeamViewer 11...so if the fix doesnt work, close teamviewer..
  • sApO_sUicIdA
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Closing TEAMVIEWER worked for me
  • FISHY12542
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah if you played in borderless window it just does not work properly right now (Thanks Microsoft). Set the game to fullscreen.

Go to documents>battlefield 4>settings>PROFSAVE_profile open that up with notepad ++ and on lines 28-31 put these in

28 GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1
    29 GstRender.FullscreenMode 0
    30 GstRender.FullscreenRefreshRate 59.940060 (may wanna tweak this if your monitor has a higher or lower refresh rate)
    31 GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0

and bam it'll work
  • AndiiWand
    FISHY12542 wrote: »
    Yeah if you played in borderless window it just does not work properly right now (Thanks Microsoft). Set the game to fullscreen.

Go to documents>battlefield 4>settings>PROFSAVE_profile open that up with notepad ++ and on lines 28-31 put these in

30 GstRender.FullscreenRefreshRate 59.940060 (may wanna tweak this if your monitor has a higher or lower refresh rate)

and bam it'll work

Thanks alot! That fixed it!
  • FISHY12542
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AndiiWand wrote: »

and bam it'll work

Thanks alot! That fixed it!

You're welcome :).
  • MisterDTent
    hay guys, i have problem
    i just downloaded the BF 4 Premium, all packs downloaded
    but i have this prbolem too
    first when i open origin and try to play online it correctly work, but when i start joining the server, the server said im in and playing it but i can't open or click on the BF 4 logo in the taskbar. so please help me
  • coolsskin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

and bam it'll work <<< for me 2 thanks a lot!!!!
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Setting Virtual Desktops to all desktops may also fix this if the issue came after Windows10 Anniversary update.

original.jpg
  • Unkown7734
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    Setting Virtual Desktops to all desktops may also fix this if the issue came after Windows10 Anniversary update.

original.jpg

Thanks So much man This fixed it for me :) / F*** Your awesome Man
  • mrva22va
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ugh. Still not working for me after everything you guys said. ;(((
  • metalmilitia777
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

and bam it'll work

Doesn't work for me and those are the same exact settings I have