Battlefield 2018

Comments

• Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I believe EA has a event or whatever tomorrow so the trailer is likely to drop then. I get this info from Drakesden's twitter page btw.
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    68Keif wrote: »

OMG WOW another random twitter-update that can support further speculations... looks like we have to wait until June 9th until we get the final reveal...

Why would a random EA-employee drop a tweet like that!?!?!?!?

As it seems now 50% anticipate a WW2-themed game and the remaining anticipate a BFBC3-themed game...

I´m litterally laughing my behind off if it turns out to be Hardline2

I heard that this tweet is throw off people to believe that. BC3 is coming 2019 I think and that WW2 is this year
  • GenesisMD5745
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    Dont think I would mind that one bit.. Just MY opinion tho..

Yeah. Hardline was great.

As someone who loved Hardline though, I'd be disappointed if BFV / BF2018 was Hardline 2.

I mean, it won't be. They have to aim for a mainstream audience, and you only capture that mainstream audience by doing war-based shooters.
    As somebody who also loved Hardline, I agree.

Admittedly, it feels weird to have 500 cops vs 500 criminals fighting using things like machine guns, rockets, armed vehicles, and other crazy (or not so crazy) things, but the game was still a lot of fun. Just be sure to not take it seriously. I didn't, and managed to enjoy Hardline a lot.

All that aside, I do think it's too soon to return to a law enforcement theme (if that ever happens). Besides that, I've been hoping to see WWII return to the Battlefield series ever since before BF1 was announced. It's something that I never got the chance to try. There's also something about the weapons and vehicles around that time period that I find to be more interesting than the modern stuff.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cold war Battlefield buddy ;)
    1950-circa 1980s
  • wsupchris1222444
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My guess is that the announcement will come within a week or 2 of bo4 getting revealed. I am really hoping for a cold war era battlefield or something set in the 80's or 90's.
  • Rogue-Mike
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF1's level of map voting and RNG forced step by step in game medals system. Was never a fan map voting day 1 as its makes it to play some maps as players still leave regardless on whats voted for reasons unknown. IMO mixed servers should of been the only one allowed to do voting on while leaving the rest to regular rotations.

The medal/ribbon system from BF3/4 was far superior on player performance as medals were achieved through in game actions on a more linear fashion that was easy to follow. The medal system of BF1 however is still to rng to bother with at times especially with medals that are seemingly easy ones like "Get XX kills on X map" ....a map that don't get voted often within 7 days before the rng cycle repeats thus making it more about luck of timing. Its pretty jarring especially when one is level 140 completing the index.

• dA_9_eL_81
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sonic5745 wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    Dont think I would mind that one bit.. Just MY opinion tho..

Yeah. Hardline was great.

As someone who loved Hardline though, I'd be disappointed if BFV / BF2018 was Hardline 2.

I mean, it won't be. They have to aim for a mainstream audience, and you only capture that mainstream audience by doing war-based shooters.
    As somebody who also loved Hardline, I agree.

Admittedly, it feels weird to have 500 cops vs 500 criminals fighting using things like machine guns, rockets, armed vehicles, and other crazy (or not so crazy) things, but the game was still a lot of fun. Just be sure to not take it seriously. I didn't, and managed to enjoy Hardline a lot.

All that aside, I do think it's too soon to return to a law enforcement theme (if that ever happens). Besides that, I've been hoping to see WWII return to the Battlefield series ever since before BF1 was announced. It's something that I never got the chance to try. There's also something about the weapons and vehicles around that time period that I find to be more interesting than the modern stuff.

Could you please briefly explain how you want to make a WW2-shooter that doesnt feel like a re-skinned BF1...
    What maps are you hoping for in a (possible) WW2-game??
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agree! In general, design a progression system that is thought through and last through all DLCs with as little RNG involvement as possible.
    Not a fan of vote map either and this implementation is particularly bad.

And I still think ticket bleed system made more sense than the current one. Went into BF4 server the other day. When does the game end? 1000 tickets, 3000 tickets? Ah yeah right it ends at 0 regardless of number of tickets and you can actually make a comeback even if the team is down 200 tickets, just need to cap one more flag (which we actually did).
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Within the next 40 hours or so, eh?
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Map Voting is cancer.
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Map voting is good , though it should remember voted maps so all maps eventually will have a full rotation.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not a fan of map voting either. Maybe a "smart" algorithm that prioritizes popular maps i.e. the maps fewer people quit on, and the ones that players search for specifically, to make them pop up a bit more often than lower popularity maps, like a 50% chance of a popular map, and a 25% chance of a not so popular one out of a set of maps, so the same one won't come up within 3 matches.

Also really don't like the medal system in this game. Most of the medals are opposed to my preferred style of play and feature some really obnoxious objectives that can't be accomplished within normal gameplay. I've ignored them because of this, and because there's no real reward for doing them.
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Map Voting is cancer.

No it is not. It is a slightly annoying feature of a video game but it does not kill 8-9 million people yearly.
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Medals pffft , i have not even tried to do a single one (still got some though). But i would appreciate if they would put less effort in promoting the medals. Make it like choosing to unlock a gun , but no advertising.
    Try to play the game, medals and unlock dog tags are just some kind of substitute for a boring game play into something to do.
    Maybe som effort to make the core of the game it self more enjoyable and not a gadget infested mess.
  • GrizzGolf
    958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't like map voting because its the same 5 maps every time
  • GrizzGolf
    958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    80-90 BF would be awesome
  • GrizzGolf
    I want that cold war thing to happen
  • SirSpectacle
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Map voting is great, I hope they keep it. Nothing is more boring than a fixed rotation.
  • Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    Map Voting is cancer.

No it is not. It is a slightly annoying feature of a video game but it does not kill 8-9 million people yearly.

More like...Poison Ivy. Kinda irritating at first, but eventually you just get used to it.
  • rock1obsta
    3797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Contra87 wrote: »
    olavafar wrote: »
    Map Voting is cancer.

More like...Poison Ivy. Kinda irritating at first, but eventually you just get used to it.

Or a hemerrhoid(sp)
This discussion has been closed.