Weekly Debrief

Battlefield 2018

Comments

• zombifiedstalker
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Map voting is great, I hope they keep it. Nothing is more boring than a fixed rotation.

Except playing the same 3 maps over and over....
  • TEKNOCODE
    11075 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    My threads are cancer.
    Fixed
  • ElliotLH
    8560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Contra87 wrote: »
    olavafar wrote: »
    Map Voting is cancer.

No it is not. It is a slightly annoying feature of a video game but it does not kill 8-9 million people yearly.

More like...Poison Ivy. Kinda irritating at first, but eventually you just get used to it.

Or a hemerrhoid(sp)

I'd be tempted to say that a haemorrhoid might be slightly worse. Especially when you apply the wrong cream. Ouch!
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Map voting was never asked for, it just appeared after a patch but a ribbon system that mirrored bf4 was cried for.
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope the next bf doesnt have elite classes and behemothss.
  • G-Gnu
    1426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bapman63 wrote: »
    Map voting was never asked for, it just appeared after a patch but a ribbon system that mirrored bf4 was cried for.

Actually it was asked for. So that was why it became.
  • Rogue-Mike
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2018
    olavafar wrote: »
    Agree! In general, design a progression system that is thought through and last through all DLCs with as little RNG involvement as possible.
    Not a fan of vote map either and this implementation is particularly bad.

And I still think ticket bleed system made more sense than the current one. Went into BF4 server the other day. When does the game end? 1000 tickets, 3000 tickets? Ah yeah right it ends at 0 regardless of number of tickets and you can actually make a comeback even if the team is down 200 tickets, just need to cap one more flag (which we actually did).

Ticket bleed. Man that was a good system to play with back then, hardly do I ever see comebacks with BF1's ticket gain. Never will get why someone thought it was a good idea to break tradition and allow an all but one capped team to still gain points regardless of the situation. Since launch I've only witnessed one true comeback with the behemoth spawning in on Suez in my team's favor since it protected by my squad.
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    bapman63 wrote: »

Actually it was asked for. So that was why it became.

And bet you their the first ones to whine and abandon the game once the very thing they asked for gets on their nerves. Map voting forces chokes players that have all the dlc to play less content if their unlucky to be in servers that favor cluster maps while always voting against other maps. Like I had mentioned in my original post, shoulda been for mixed servers or rented ones cause people leave regardless thus breaking something that did not need fixing in the first place.

Seems I hit a nail with how some mod stealthfully moved this thread to off topic out hot spot General chat that everyone looks at first. Smooth.
    Post edited by Rogue-Mike on
  • reasdfpaSDJKO
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    imo maps should be up to the server owners to decide

if the server owners want democracy, then let a vote happen

if they want to keep playing 2-3 maps each game, so be it
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I've just got hyped for BF1 June patch, and now this. Man its getting hot here.

Also, mods you can block it, I don't care, people can still see it :D
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is this speculation still or an actual confirmed date
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Is this speculation still or an actual confirmed date

You can put it in "Speculation section", but this guy leaked BF1 with 100% accuracy months before any info was available, so he got Dice employee by his side giving him legit info.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I remember this guy and I won’t hold my breath as far as when it’s coming. But if I’m wrong I’ll be pleasantly surprised.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    80-90 BF would be awesome

Korea, Vietnam, South america, South africa, Cuba and Afghaistan dont forget east germany and the USSR ;)
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    I want that cold war thing to happen

It sounds good bro, but we will have to wait and see
  • Imcrine
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Febuary 2018 Dice on twitter - "Trailer coming very soon !"

nearly half a year later...

Trailer coming very soon!<

very soon!<

soon<

may<

• Imcrine
    Who remembers the million like twitter campagin for bf3 ? Those were the days...

BF3 the champ. Screw the 4,H and 1.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    Imcrine wrote: »
    Who remembers the million like twitter campagin for bf3 ? Those were the days...

I like each game for what it is, but i agree BF3 was a good game, like i really felt like I was in iraq, iran and Afghanastan
  • Imcrine

I like each game for what it is, but i agree BF3 was a good game, like i really felt like I was in iraq, iran and Afghanastan

Exactly.

Im not trying to talk bad about people's opinions or anything but it really gets to show how low the bar for a "good game" has fallen if bf4 is considered to be the best bf game. Shame.
  • HawkeyeAM47

Exactly.

Im not trying to talk bad about people's opinions or anything but it really gets to show how low the bar for a "good game" has fallen if bf4 is considered to be the best bf game. Shame.

agreed, i mean BF4 in its current condition is amazing, but to me compared to BF3 is a little low,but keep in mind BF3 still has its problems.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bf3 is king

/thread
This discussion has been closed.