Annihilator Trench

Saddisticspeller
853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I was kind of excited for this gun, key word is was. After going through motions and unlocking it I used it for a bit and came to a conclusion pretty much within 2 minutes.

This thing blows. First thing you'll notice is the fantastic hipfire spread, and yeah, it's great. Out to about 1 foot that is. Anything past spitting distance you can't engage for jack. Alright, fine. Maybe it's CQC potential is fantastic. Sneak up on two people and blast them both, wow that was CoD levels of quick. Come up on another two people, you're confident you can take them. Wait, bullet spread God's have decided you took 12 shots for the first guy and ran out on the second. Now quickly realizing this thing is only good in 1-2v1s maximum the CQC potential completely drops off the map compared to an Automatico or SMG 08-18, both are more accurate, have more ammo, and the Automatico reloads quicker. What's the trade off you ask? A barely noticeable TTK difference that's made even more infinitesimal (possibly even slower in practice) as a result of how hilariously inaccurate this thing is. Much like the Maschinenpistole this thing is bottom tier at best. The only thing it has going for it is good TTK against 1 person in extreme close quarters, both of which are situations that rarely present themselves, let alone together.

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is the only one smg in game that actually requires some skill to use effectively instead of being "ta-ta-ta-ta all of you are dead" thing. And that's why it's good.
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well, imagine if Ribeyrole SMG would suddenly get increased RPM without reducing recoil - that's almost literally Annihilator. Also increased hipfire accuracy, which is traded with aimed accuracy. Anyway, Annihilator only competes with Automatico, and Automatico is much better SMG for it's purpouse, than Annihilator. It's more "stable" in general, more predictible. That's what you need from a good solid gun. I think Annihilator won't be used much as a real gun, but more as gun 4 fun, like MP 12/16.
  • RavenousTithe
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2018
    I dont know, did pretty well out to about 15-20m hip-firing with it last night (PS4). I like it better than the Automatico.
  • TheGM86
    944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Much like the Maschinenpistole this thing is bottom tier at best.
    giphy.gif

• Saddisticspeller
    This is the only one smg in game that actually requires some skill to use effectively instead of being "ta-ta-ta-ta all of you are dead" thing. And that's why it's good.

There's a difference between a weapon being a skill cannon and just being hot garbage, and the Annihilator took a plane 5000 miles past the garbage line.
  • wiazabi
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Gun is really good just use this simple rule when looking if assault gun is good or not NEVER compare it to smg 08 / automatico / hellriegel as these OP guns will always make others look weak even when they are not.

Pro's
    Hipfire is great
    fast reload
    low ttk
    ok mag size

Cons
    Ads recoil
    medium range difficult without proper ads.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

There's a difference between a weapon being a skill cannon and just being hot garbage, and the Annihilator took a plane 5000 miles past the garbage line.

You just got used to spray'n'pray smgs in bf1 and don't realise weapon can have strong recoil and you actually have to learn how to control it. The weapon itself is fine.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There are already 6273637 weapons in this game. If you want it to at least be a bit unique, you have to give it a niche role. That's what it got.
  • Saddisticspeller

You just got used to spray'n'pray smgs in bf1 and don't realise weapon can have strong recoil and you actually have to learn how to control it. The weapon itself is fine.

I rarely even use SMGs, I haven't in months. I'm used to the RSC more then anything else. As for the recoil, I'm fine at controlling recoil. The problem is the bullet spread which is one of the worst in the game. It's like a shotgun that only shoots 1 pellet of the buckshot at a time.
    wiazabi wrote: »
    Gun is really good just use this simple rule when looking if assault gun is good or not NEVER compare it to smg 08 / automatico / hellriegel as these OP guns will always make others look weak even when they are not.

Pro's
    Hipfire is great
    fast reload
    low ttk
    ok mag size

Cons
    Ads recoil
    medium range difficult without proper ads.

You kinda have to compare things to the Automatico and SMG 08-18 when talking about low TTK SMGs, it doesn't make any sense to compare them to, say, a Ribeyrolles or MP-18 because their use is totally different. As for pros, sure, the reload time is okay. The problem is you can realistically only kill 2 people per mag, which means you'll be spending about 70% of the time looking at a reload animation. The only case where this weapon is even usable is on maps like Fort Vaux but you will just constantly die to reloading. I just can't think of a single real situation that I'd take the Annihilator over any other SMG, as it's only use is CQC and it's terrible at that.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^

You really do have to compare them to the SMG 08/18, Automatico, or Hellriegel since those are pretty much the only SMGs that the vast majority of assault players use. Especially the SMG 08/18 on PC. I haven't used the Annihilator yet though. I might give it a try tonight.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well on PC it works wonders. I used it on Tsaritzyn and Fort de Vaux, and was declared gay with a **** gun, as @bran1986 can testify. You don't have to spray it, it's plenty accurate to about 25 meters. Just slightly squeeze the trigger and people drop.
    I got a few instances of three kills per mag, so compared to the Machinenpistole it felt abundant. As for dying while reloading it is a personal fault, that's what sidearms are for.
    Personally I prefer it to the SMG 08, which is for sprayers mostly. Then again, I also love the Machinenpistole variants.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like it. It Will probably soon be nerfed because its “OP”
  • Saddisticspeller
    Well on PC it works wonders. I used it on Tsaritzyn and Fort de Vaux, and was declared gay with a **** gun, as @bran1986 can testify. You don't have to spray it, it's plenty accurate to about 25 meters. Just slightly squeeze the trigger and people drop.
    I got a few instances of three kills per mag, so compared to the Machinenpistole it felt abundant. As for dying while reloading it is a personal fault, that's what sidearms are for.
    Personally I prefer it to the SMG 08, which is for sprayers mostly. Then again, I also love the Machinenpistole variants.

Sure that's what sidearms are for, but you eventually have to reload it, and objectively it needs to reload one of the most in the game. You will die while reloading more with this gun then others, that's just an objective fact of the weapon. As for the accuracy, again, yes you could tap fire someone at 25ish meters down, but I could just be using the Automatico and easily full auto someone 30 meters away. There is no use case for this gun is my point. Other weapons are better for CQC due to the ammo capacity that also are useable at more then a foot in front of you. It has no niche because even within it there are other weapons that are by far and away better at practically everything.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    People can pretty much snipe with SMGs on PC. I expect its performance is different compared to console.
  • Saddisticspeller
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    People can pretty much snipe with SMGs on PC. I expect its performance is different compared to console.

It's not the recoil so much as the bullet spread and visual clutter. It's nearly impossible to track a target while ADSing because of the smoke from your gun pretty much completely covering the screen. Tie that with the god awful bullet spread and hitting someone even near the end of close range fighting becomes a challenge.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not really no, the mostly used smgs are really not sniper material
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dunno. Went full ham on this thing on Argonne getting triples and switching to my Webley for the quad.

The Thompson is fine; you the player need to be aware of its mag size and fire rate. You need to decide if it's best to engage at a distance or try and close the gap. You need to work with it.

Try playing the smaller modes with it for a bit

I like it and have fun with it (plus that reload oof) but Maschinepistole experimental I find to be a better choice for ME
  • Saddisticspeller
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I dunno. Went full ham on this thing on Argonne getting triples and switching to my Webley for the quad.

The Thompson is fine; you the player need to be aware of its mag size and fire rate. You need to decide if it's best to engage at a distance or try and close the gap. You need to work with it.

Try playing the smaller modes with it for a bit

I like it and have fun with it (plus that reload oof) but Maschinepistole experimental I find to be a better choice for ME

I understand how to manage small mags, as already mentioned I use the RSC and AL8MM almost exclusively. However those weapons come with actually being useful at more then a foot. They come with far more overall usefulness then this hunk of garbage. It's completely outclassed at virtually everything by pretty much every other SMG in the game. It has no use in it's existence.
  • KarmaKinetic
    Anyway, Im glad we got Some new content this late in the game, much better then the previous game imo. I think Dice did well in that part
  • Sixclicks
    Not really no, the mostly used smgs are really not sniper material

It was hyperbole. SMGs do reach out to considerable ranges though considering what their effective range is suppose to be. I'm surprised sometimes at the distance I can get kills with even the SMG 08/18.
This discussion has been closed.