Scope Glint

«13456
GK_Nooch
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
So once again EA had to mess with the scope glint and now everyone can see you from almost anywhere on the map, even with using low powered scopes. I have tested this with all of the scopes on a empty server with a friend. You can also see scope glint behind solid objects, e.g., mountains, building, and rocks.

Comments

  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yup all scout rifles with scopes have glint now, either have to get good at quick scope headshots, lay in the hills or use infantry rifles now.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yup, it's not only that the idea is absolutely stupid and pushes scouts further away from the objectives, the implementation is also awful. The glint from sniper scopes was also visible behind solid objects, but it's gotten worse. And now even the rainbow glint can be seen behind cover.
    That's also super annoying for people seeing it. I got scared yesterday, because I could see it in the corner of the eye; turns out there was a hill between me and the sniper.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14762 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I don't care much for the glint.. It doesn't stop me picking sniper variants.

    I don't think it makes me even more of a target either, most scouts seem to stick to one nesting area so eventually they'll get knifed.

    I'm not bothered about that sweet spot rainbow effect either.

    And I'm not fussed about them adding glint to marksman variants.


    Sorry but as a primary scout player I just don't see the issue with glints as people like to cry about.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2018
    I was talking with a friend who has kept playing bf1 and he said he can't take the game seriously anymore because the new rainbow effect makes him think of this every time...

    download.jpg

    (You get traumatized by these things when you get kids)
  • sadboyltd
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care much for the glint.. It doesn't stop me picking sniper variants.

    I don't think it makes me even more of a target either, most scouts seem to stick to one nesting area so eventually they'll get knifed.

    I'm not bothered about that sweet spot rainbow effect either.

    And I'm not fussed about them adding glint to marksman variants.


    Sorry but as a primary scout player I just don't see the issue with glints as people like to cry about.

    Wow, do you even play the game? Seeing a rainbow glint is basically a free kill, you know exactly where the scouts are at any given time. I mean, I don't care as I've moved on to infantry variants, but I do feel bad sniping them 150m+ away with an iron sight thanks to the obvious 40000 lumen flashlights on their guns
  • Febelas
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm kind of mixed on the glint. On the one hand, I no longer feel hobbled when picking a sniper variant. On the other hand, I now have no reason to pick a marksman variant.

    Given that it's also far harder to countersnipe (since you're literally a giant glowing light), I'd say the change is an overall poor one.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Funny Thing is If a Scout aims at me 90% there is no scope glint.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rainbow glint is hilarious.

    It's like a big "hurry, focus on me and kill me" sign.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Funny Thing is If a Scout aims at me 90% there is no scope glint.

    I wouldn’t say 90% but I’ve seen the no scope glint myself
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Rainbow glint is hilarious.

    It's like a big "hurry, focus on me and kill me" sign.

    Lmao I agree and it does make me be a bit more likely to focus on that glint first.

    If I see 2 glints and one looks like a my little pony shinning at me I’m gonna shoot that one first. Since least to me it’s more dangerous since most players never go for headshots.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14762 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

    Wow, do you even play the game?

    I do yes, The first class I ranked up to class rank 50 was scout, Glint has never been an issue for me.

    Seeing a rainbow glint is basically a free kill, you know exactly where the scouts are at any given time.

    You could see the normal glint BEFORE this patch, That gave away your position just as much as the rainbow glint, It's not really a problem..


    The rainbow glint is just a heads up that you're within the sweet spot range of the scout that has you lined up.


    Also, Just an FYI but the glint is only visible when you scope in, So if you spend less time scoped in, You'll have less chance of being seen by an enemy player.

  • Roy57on
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At first I didn't like the idea, but now I realise it is a blessing in disguise if you are a good sniper. Now you can easily spot and take out enemy snipers. On Scout-specific maps like Galicia it's even easier to dominate than it was before with a Rifle.
  • Texator
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care much for the glint.. It doesn't stop me picking sniper variants.


    Sniper variants always had scope glint.
    My problem is the marksman variants. It was a trade off, a bit more stealthy but lower magnification.
    That was needed to play more agressive because if all sprayers know where i am i have no chance to survive.
    Now the best way to play scout is to be far away, farm kills and be useless.

    There is no point to use a marksman anymore, at least i fail to see one.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Texator wrote: »
    There is no point to use a marksman anymore, at least i fail to see one.

    There's really only 2 reason.

    1. The rifle you're using doesn't have a sniper variant.
    2. You like low magnification, but hate iron sights and carbine sights.

    The latter isn't really a good reason though.

    Otherwise, it's pointless.

    The only reason I've ever used Marksman scopes is because they have no glint. It's the same reason I used low magnification optics in BF4.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14762 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Texator wrote: »
    Sniper variants always had scope glint.
    I know, But my point stands that it hasn't ever bothered me.

    It was only an issue to me in BF3 when the mechanic was first introduced but I've learned to accept it.
    Texator wrote: »
    My problem is the marksman variants. It was a trade off, a bit more stealthy but lower magnification.

    That was needed to play more agressive because if all sprayers know where i am i have no chance to survive.
    Marksman wasn't ( and still isn't ) a requirement to play aggro scout, People seemed to pick marksman variants to bypass the glint ( at least the players I faced using marksman did )

    If you're playing aggro scout and using marksman variants you're doing it wrong, When I change it up and go aggro scout I tend to go with rifles like the Martini Henry or infantry variants.. The scopes on marksman and sniper variants just make it harder when you're in closer engagement distances.
    Texator wrote: »
    Now the best way to play scout is to be far away, farm kills and be useless.

    I disagree I'm afraid, You can still use the scout to your advantage.

    Spotting flares, Tripwire bombs, Using infantry variants when playing aggressive scout due to the shorter engagement distances, Sticking with your squad are all beneficial to both you and your team/squad.
  • jasoncaric
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I rarely ever snipe so I don’t really care. With that being said it’s kind of messed up to for ppl that do because they glow. I thought I was was just seeing things the first time I saw it and couldn’t figure out what the heck it was until after a few times I seen it. I just don’t get it I guess. It was fine before.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting flares, Tripwire bombs, Using infantry variants when playing aggressive scout due to the shorter engagement distances, Sticking with your squad are all beneficial to both you and your team/squad.

    sticking with your squad and not just soloing `cuz my mom paid good money for this game and I will play like I want`
  • Confucius_o_
    1870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care much for the glint.. It doesn't stop me picking sniper variants.

    I don't think it makes me even more of a target either, most scouts seem to stick to one nesting area so eventually they'll get knifed.

    I'm not bothered about that sweet spot rainbow effect either.

    And I'm not fussed about them adding glint to marksman variants.


    Sorry but as a primary scout player I just don't see the issue with glints as people like to cry about.

    Here here.

  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What is the point of glint in the girst place when we already have spotting mechanics and kill cams to find the snipers?

    I don't see any other class that has a give away when they aim at you, but can be just as deadly. We already know it doesn't deter the hill humpers, so why even have it? It's literally a class specific wall hack at this point.

    If DICE doesn't want anyone to camp why do they make the maps unnecessarily big and why have rifles with long range sweet spots? Wouldn't it make more sense to max out magnifcation at 4-6x, have medium range sweet spots, and damage drop off so severe not even a headshot would be a OHK at extreme range? This would incentivize players to go closer range, but isn't altogether so limiting that long range sniping would be an invalid playstyle, because players could actually hide to take the 2nd shot. Also, it would make using a rifle for reconnaissance and spotting possible.

    What's that joke about engineers trying to build a car, but end up making something else? My point is DICE needs to take a step back and evaluate what the original purpose of things was and re-orient in that direction again.
This discussion has been closed.