Battlefield 2018

Comments

• BadCuzForumField
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    #NeverBeTheSame is the current tagline.

We'll see. Currently, with how DICE Battlefield 1, I'm not holding my breath.

While Battlefield 1 is great gameplay-wise, the servers, balancing and DLC implementation have been cause for concern, in my opinion.
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Can confirm Battlefield B.C, Battlefield is going back to caveman times. With stone arrows and rock throwing. Will post more details soon

Alhtough the intention of v2face's post is joke it would be quite fun to play primal ooga booga battlefield with mammoths as tanks.
  • BadCuzForumField
    edited May 2018
    EA/DICE claim that Battlefield will never be the same with BF2018.....and what if they're right?

What if they do it differently? Here's my theory:

DICE has always been proud of their history with the Battlefield franchise, so what if that is the direction for 2018?

What if Battlefield 2018 is multiple eras throughout the franchise? War Stories is confirmed to return, so what if the Campaign takes place from WW1 up to 2142?

Same for the Multiplayer. You have game modes and maps that are set (or taken) from Battlefield 1 to Vietnam and 2142? And everything in between like Korea and Iraq?

It sounds like a genius plan, and it will be awesome if that's the route they take.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can confirm Battlefield B.C, Battlefield is going back to caveman times. With stone arrows and rock throwing. Will post more details soon

Alhtough the intention of v2face's post is joke it would be quite fun to play primal ooga booga battlefield with mammoths as tanks.

People will complain that mammoths are OP, and too many people are sitting in spawn throwing stones.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

People will complain that mammoths are OP, and too many people are sitting in spawn throwing stones.
    Stones OP. Nerf now. Dice plz!
  • Imcrine
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Played since 1942.

I won't buy it if its ww2 unless its the pacific.

#BF3isking
  • trip1ex
    4567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    trip1ex wrote: »

I so wish it was the Korean War..but I doubt it.

i don't wish it was the Korean war, but the picture of a white horse clue and battle of white horse has me second guessing ww2.

• rfairclough5
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • BadCuzForumField
    edited May 2018
    EA/DICE claim that Battlefield will never be the same with BF2018.....and what if they're right?

DICE has always been proud of their history with the Battlefield franchise, so what if that is the direction for 2018?

What if Battlefield 2018 is multiple eras throughout the franchise? War Stories is confirmed to return, so what if the Campaign takes place from WW1 up to 2142?

Same for the Multiplayer. You have game modes and maps that are set (or taken) from Battlefield 1 to Vietnam and 2142? And everything in between like Korea and Iraq?

It sounds like a genius plan, and it will be awesome if that's the route they take.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield: Unexpected Journey
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Never talked to a vet from Afghanistan, have ya? Or any other place soldiers were sent. We live cushioned lives here away of from the many horrors that the theatre of war presents. There is more than just battle that can seriously alter the way a human perceives the world.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What if Battlefield 2018 is multiple eras throughout the franchise? War Stories is confirmed to return, so what if the Campaign takes place from WW1 up to 2142?

That would be interesting. If done right, that could be very cool.
  • DrunkwoIf
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Give me 2142 Titan mode.
  • GenesisMD5745
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If it isn't WWII, then the Korean War would be my next choice.

But maybe DICE is trying to mislead us with that white horse easter egg? Or maybe it means something else?

I don't know.

It sounds like an interesting idea, but at the same time, I'd rather focus on a specific setting for BFV.
  • floridacracker81
    0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I believe Battlefield V will be Battlefield VR.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

May 23 is the reveal date for BF 2018 ea.com/neverbethesame
  • TEKNOCODE
    10718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

i don't wish it was the Korean war, but the picture of a white horse clue and battle of white horse has me second guessing ww2.
    Given the tag “never be the same,” what if it was wwII and Korean War combined?
  • Imcrine
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

No no no no, this makes too much sense and would be too good of a game
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    So, i had an interesting thought I think Battlefield could do a battleroyal/war mode, do 2 teams of 50 players, with only one life, and basically let it play out, and hence you got a war/ battleroyal mode, also Meds work but alowly refills health and ammo slowly reflux also. This will definitely, force teams to work together, to capture objectives and stay alive becuse you get one Spawn in the game..
    What do you guys think?
  • Turban_Legend80
    4398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    50 tanks each side. Then it’s battlefield.
This discussion has been closed.