What is causing big bottlenecks?!?!?! [DICE] Can anyone respond?[Stutter and lags solved]

Shooter8995YT
32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2018
So I played battlefield normally before april update...and before windows aprils update...after that I came back in the game...and My cpu usage went 100% and gpu is sitting around 30-40%...They worked together fine before those updates....My question is what can actually cause that bottleneck to happen....everything else seems to run fine and even better then before...just battlefield stuttering horrible and usages are crazy....even when I enable vsync and cap my fps to 60 cpu is still using 100% utilization....it is weird tho....also when I turn in game graphs to see how the game works,avg ms for cpu is standing on 16 and avg for gpu is like 8-9 .... Before everything it was like 0.32 difference between them...
Post edited by Shooter8995YT on

Comments

• AgentNewb
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What are your spec?
  • JBG84
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    Yeah I've been unimpressed by the CPU usage WAY TOO HIGH!! Even when simply staring at the ground or nose up against a wall (i.e. Not graphically intensive) still pushing +90% CPU (i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz) at times. Most of time okay, some maps worse than others (Passchendale and Prise de Tahure). Occasionally hits 100%CPU and frame rate crashes below 60fps. (GPU utilisation averages 60-70% normally. V-Sync locked at 60fps). Glad it's not just me. Or You. See we're not crazy.
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    JBG84 wrote: »
    Yeah I've been unimpressed by the CPU usage WAY TOO HIGH!! Even when simply staring at the ground or nose up against a wall (i.e. Not graphically intensive) still pushing +90% CPU (i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz) at times. Most of time okay, some maps worse than others (Passchendale and Prise de Tahure). Occasionally hits 100%CPU and frame rate crashes below 60fps. (GPU utilisation averages 60-70% normally. V-Sync locked at 60fps). Glad it's not just me. Or You. See we're not crazy.
    You're using a CPU below minimum requirements AND you're using Vsync? You realize Vsync requires more workload by your CPU which is already dated. Those are your problems.
  • Metilic
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You're using a CPU below minimum requirements AND you're using Vsync? You realize Vsync requires more workload by your CPU which is already dated. Those are your problems.

Problem is, I'm having 100% usage on a 6700k @4.5, 2x8 Gb DDR4 @2400 and GTX 1070. Game feels stuterish also, despite having 115-120 fps. Fps is capped at 120, no Vsync, mostly ultra settings and TAA on, Hbao on, Post processing LOW.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I always thought vsynch eased load.
    During the buffer swap the GPU is on a loop and blocks the CPU out, hence less load.

Or something...
  • Semih-kun
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    After the April update, I can't play BF1 properly as I did before the update.
  • Shooter8995YT
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GGAMA92 wrote: »
    What are your spec?

1050 Ti and G4560 also 16gb ram... It worked perfectly fine before those updates :/
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »

During the buffer swap the GPU is on a loop and blocks the CPU out, hence less load.

Or something...

I had a great article either from Tom's hardware or PC world....(can't remember) that explained the positives and negatives of using vsync. The one thing that stood out in the article for me was the extra workload put on the CPU when using Vsync. Everyone's setup varies but you're better off capping the framerate somewhere between 60-70 manually (whatever looks best on your monitor). It's not a great looking as but still pretty damn good.
    -
    For example:
    BF3 looked the best (for me) when I capped it at 60
    BF4 looked the best (for me) when I capped it at 70.
    (That was back when I had a 60 hz monitor)
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    edited May 2018
    @Teh_Next
    I had a really good article from either Tom's Hardware or PC World (can't remember which) but the one thing that stood out was the extra workload they said that was being put on the CPU. You're much better off capping the framerate between 60-70 with a config file. It's not quite as good as Vsync but pretty damn close. You just need to find what framerate looks best for your monitor.
    -
    For example: (back when I had a 60hz monitor)
    BF3 looked best (for me) when I capped it at 60.
    BF4 looked best (for me) when I capped it at 70
    I've read here some people liked it best @ 62. Try different settings until you find what works best for your monitor.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Who knows, I've often read synch decreases load.
    Anyway, I try to stick to the old rule of thumb with frame capping. The old 3 frames below your refresh rate.

In BF1 that's not so straight forward for me as I have a 240hz monitor driven by a 1070 and 4.5 4770k.
    I've tried various configurations, settings etc.
    What seems to work best is keeping the refresh rate at global/240 (I've tried allowing the program to control it at 120, 144 etc) and capping the frames at 200 with g-synch enabled. I don't worry about v-synch as I never hit 200 FPS anyway. Despite popular opinion saying gsync did run with vysynch.

Hand the fun of PC'ing is the messing around I suppose.
  • o___RAKU___o
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How do you guys check cpu and GPU usage in game? Can somebody pls share their method? Many thanks
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
  • PDGC_sandmanNL
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When apocalypse got released there were similar performance issues, I wouldn't be surprised that the last update
    has removed those fixes.

Here you can find the emergency update from 26 februari, maybe we need an emergency update again, apocalypse is dead
    because of the performance issues.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137542/battlefield-1-emergency-update-notes-02262018#latest
  • 2017_Hellcat
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I played battlefield normally before april update...and before windows aprils update...after that I came back in the game...and My cpu usage went 100% and gpu is sitting around 30-40%...They worked together fine before those updates....My question is what can actually cause that bottleneck to happen....everything else seems to run fine and even better then before...just battlefield stuttering horrible and usages are crazy....even when I enable vsync and cap my fps to 60 cpu is still using 100% utilization....it is weird tho....also when I turn in game graphs to see how the game works,avg ms for cpu is standing on 16 and avg for gpu is like 8-9 .... Before everything it was like 0.32 difference between them...

More weapons,maps, vehicles, more everything being carried of a internet connection. Single -player, that CPU will probably be just fine since all the content is-NOT being carried over a internet connection.
  • JBG84
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »

Or something...

Yes it's an artificial limiter that reduces CPU and GPU workload, I agree with you.
  • JBG84

You missed the point entirely.

The argument is regarding the April update impact on CPU performance and general game optimisation. Personally I ponder why the game, when simply viewing the game menu alone... no maps, no multiplayer, no campaign loaded... is requiring 40-50% CPU utilisation? That's not a well optimised game. Your MS Windows OS is far more complex than BF1, yet imagine simply booting into Windows and leaving your PC to idle yet is requiring 40% CPU utilisation?
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    edited May 2018
    I didn't miss the point at all.
    -
    It was better said a couple of months ago from an admin here that stated if they make changes in a patch and it negatively affects a CPU that is below minimum standards that is not something they're worried about. As long as it's still plays within the system requirements that is all they are obligated to do.
    -
    They are not going to worry about optimizing a patch for a CPU from 2012 that is below minimum requirements.
    Post edited by Knuckl3_Dragger on
  • VonReisler
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cpu usage for me is still the same as it's always been - around 70-80% max.
    FPS drops seem to be a bit more, so I've swithched resolution back to 1080p for now.
    I found that a lot of stuttering issues are definitely server related and their performance is variable from day to day.

• JBG84
    I didn't miss the point at all.
    -
    It was better said a couple of months ago from an admin here that stated if they make changes in a patch and it negatively affects a CPU that is below minimum standards that is not something they're worried about. As long as it's still plays within the system requirements that is all they are obligated to do.
    -
    They are not going to worry about optimizing a patch for a CPU from 2012 that is below minimum requirements.

You're not seeing the forest for the trees.

So I should upgrade my i5 3570K to the AMD FX-6350 and all will be well? Hooray! (sorry, I couldn't help myself)

• Shooter8995YT

More weapons,maps, vehicles, more everything being carried of a internet connection. Single -player, that CPU will probably be just fine since all the content is-NOT being carried over a internet connection.

Cpu was fine online all the time tho....had no problem playing the game...But after those updates I got horrible bottleneck...I know that 1050TI can bottleneck g4560 but not that much tho....Even when I join empty server....everything on low... cpu is 100% utilized...so either is bf update problem or windows....Have no problems on other games tho....