So dice i cant play with my sqaud now?

2»

Comments

• DaMutha1
    931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    At least on PS4, squads have voice coms (even if not in party) unless someone has taken the effort to go in and turn that setting off (which I have--I have no desire to hear randoms).
  • EnemaicFist
    3 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha
    edited May 10
    To clarify:
    If you are in a squad you are less likely to be moved to the other team, however, it's not guaranteed that you won't be. The main reason for this is if everyone is in a squad (which is the most likely case) then no-one would be moved resulting in a still-unbalanced team.
    If you are in a party, then you won't/shouldn't be moved to the other team (as we do try to prioritize keeping friends together). If that's not the case, it would be a bug.

The way it works is that certain factors contribute an amount to a "score" and if that score exceeds a certain threshold then you won't be considered for a move.

Being in a squad adds a chunk of score, but that score is less than the safe threshold. Being in a party adds a chunk that is greater than the threshold. Other factors are how long you've been in the game, and how much score you've earned.

Edit: As per the patch notes here:
    • Players in parties will not be moved.
    • Players in squads are less likely to be moved.
    Post edited by EnemaicFist on
  • dmccar1001
    391 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I was top scorer on my team (and game) on the winning side in Conquest and was moved to the losing team at about 200 points by the balancer on my first death... it was not mid round. The balancer should be disabled prior to approx 500 points (mid round) as it looks like this ran at the start of the game and thus I could not be moved until after I died ... it is fine to move players pre-deployment but there should not be a "pending switch" on 1st death at the start of the game.
  • Red_Spider
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Live QA
    dmccar1001 wrote: »
    I was top scorer on my team (and game)
    Hmm, that doesn't sound good. MRTB shouldn't be moving Top Players.

If this happens again please let me know, if you can capture a video that would be super helpful!

• EnemaicFist
    3 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha
    Mid-round balancing starts pretty much after the round has started (as opposed to the other balancers that shuffle the team before the round starts).

Top players should be safe after they exceed the safety threshold, but until that they are potentially available for selection. The bar for who is selected starts off quite low and then increases (currently every 30 seconds) until it reaches the safety threshold value, slowly pulling in more potential candidates. If nobody dies by the time everyone is pulled in to the selection pool, then anyone under the safety threshold is eligible - it's just a case of who dies first.

200 points is unfortunately not very far in to the threshold and if it's only a few minutes in to the game it's assumed that there is less of an issue moving a player than if they'd been a top contributor after say, for example, 10 minutes.

That said, we will be making an effort in the near future to tweak the numbers.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Here are some periods.....
    and some commas,,,,,,

try them out.
  • research-kitchen
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If it happens all the time or every game I would be concerned, but if it only happens once or twice a session then it's not that big of a deal. Besides that anything is better then what we had especially in operations. I've seen people get switched and switched right back.