Battlefield 2018

Comments

• HawkeyeAM47
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    That woukd be awesome lol
    Give each team about 60-seconds to plam defend or how to plan an attack before the round starts it would epic
  • Turban_Legend80
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    They’re gonna add killstreaks
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I mean, if it was the whole cold war era, spaned out like how you said,then that would be genius
  • reasdfpaSDJKO
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    In other words, a collection of Battlefield games and a disappointment for people who've already bought them all. Or it could mean Vietnam...
  • BadCuzForumField
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @SourSteven_69 LOL. No, I didn't say that. I was referring to the next game taking place in multiple eras of Warfare. Not, re-releasing specific games. Trying reading.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its going to be EXACTLY the same. The line is just marketing to increase the blood pressure of the kids. Remember "Revolution is coming"? That wasn't anything.

Its going to be another unfinished product we're all going to complain about for the first 3 months until 50% of players give up and quit, 49% stick around with a bad taste in our mouths and the remaining 1% are the typical fanboy who will defend the game even if it were a black screen and nothing else not even a quit button.
  • GrizzGolf
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA/DICE claim that Battlefield will never be the same with BF2018.....and what if they're right?

What if they do it differently? Here's my theory:

DICE has always been proud of their history with the Battlefield franchise, so what if that is the direction for 2018?

What if Battlefield 2018 is multiple eras throughout the franchise? War Stories is confirmed to return, so what if the Campaign takes place from WW1 up to 2142?

Same for the Multiplayer. You have game modes and maps that are set (or taken) from Battlefield 1 to Vietnam and 2142? And everything in between like Korea and Iraq?

It sounds like a genius plan, and it will be awesome if that's the route they take.

Make it happen
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Inb4 everyone hates it because they cganged too much.

But for real, i doubt they will change the formula that much. Its EA. They need to play it safe after recent games failures....
  • trip1ex
    4694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    It's feasibly a great basis for a game but, it sounds like way too much work to be viable.

Think of the work involved modelling and skinning all those different eras and that's the base game without the inevitable DLC.

• HawkeyeAM47
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    It's feasibly a great basis for a game but, it sounds like way too much work to be viable.

Think of the work involved modelling and skinning all those different eras and that's the base game without the inevitable DLC.

Thats exactly what I thought
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

But if the same map comes up again it will be
  • trip1ex
    4694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »

But if the same map comes up again it will be

lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.

• trip1ex
    edited May 2018
    Its going to be EXACTLY the same. The line is just marketing to increase the blood pressure of the kids. Remember "Revolution is coming"? That wasn't anything.

Its going to be another unfinished product we're all going to complain about for the first 3 months until 50% of players give up and quit, 49% stick around with a bad taste in our mouths and the remaining 1% are the typical fanboy who will defend the game even if it were a black screen and nothing else not even a quit button.

lol yeah sadly that is the truth. i have to keep reminding myself of that every time i come up with a guess of what "never will be the same" could mean.
  • trip1ex
    But other than the 99%+ chance of it meaning nothing I think it means maps with randomly generated elements to them like flag locations or aa locations or bunkers or some terrain features or some buildings.

or maps with more effects from weather like more flooding, snowfalls that block roads and buildings, and blown up tanks and dead bodies that stay on the battlefield for the whole round.

• Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    I think you're extrapolating what's not there and looking waaaaay too much into it.

If anything (for me at least) "never will be the same!" is as much conformation of a WWII theme as any other speculative guess.
    If you think about it, WW I , the war to end all wars. But, it didn't, it spurred WW II the largest and most pivotal war in human history. It completely changed the geopolitical order of the world and altered the balance of power...reaffirming once and for all (what WW I didn't) The US as thee most powerful nation in the world in place of the former British empire.

It spawned a new World Order and things have 'never been the same!'...
  • HawkeyeAM47
    edited May 2018
    Guys, the reality is, after WW2 things never were the same again, which is true, the whole world broke into two powers after WW2 which led into the cold war, a couple years after WW2, even the first nuclear bomb was used in Ww2 which lead to an extreme arms race
  • Teh_Next
    Guys, the reality is, after WW2 things never were the same again, which is true, the whole world broke into two powers after WW2 which led into the cold war, a couple years after WW2, even the first nuclear bomb was used in Ww2 which lead to an extreme arms race

Just what I was trying to say, except you put it in a far more eloquent and articulate single sentence! :D
  • BaronVonGoon
    6736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    I think you're extrapolating what's not there and looking waaaaay too much into it.

If anything (for me at least) "never will be the same!" is as much conformation of a WWII theme as any other speculative guess.
    If you think about it, WW I , the war to end all wars. But, it didn't, it spurred the largest and most pivotal war in human history. It completely changed the geopolitical order of the world and altered the balance of power...reaffirming once and for all (what WW I didn't) The US as thee most powerful nation in the world in place of the former British empire.

You maybe onto something. I picture the trailer's last 2 frames : 1)"...things will never be the same..." and 2) "Battlefield [Title], October 2018 ".

• Teh_Next

If you think about it, WW I , the war to end all wars. But, it didn't, it spurred the largest and most pivotal war in human history. It completely changed the geopolitical order of the world and altered the balance of power...reaffirming once and for all (what WW I didn't) The US as thee most powerful nation in the world in place of the former British empire.

You maybe onto something. I picture the trailer's last 2 frames : 1)"...things will never be the same..." and 2) "Battlefield [Title], October 2018 ".

That trailer sounds great. I hope it does go something along those lines! :)
This discussion has been closed.