Weekly Debrief

Battlefield 2018

Comments

• HawkeyeAM47
    1359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    May all those men and women who endured horrible endings rest in a peaceful place man, theres a truly earrie feeling knowing someones brother, sister, Daughter, Mother, father os being tortured, or murdered in a 3rd world underdeveloped place, we truly do live a paradise, compared to others lives, even some people in the states are homeless, but at least they get help from the government, with food stamps, and sometime shelters, we are blessed, but not everything is great, just make it what you want.
  • Shadders_X
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

But if the same map comes up again it will be

lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »

lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I don't buy it. Flags are already in different places in different maps already. People will go to it.

Actually the idea sounds really good...it will change the dynamic of battles and strategies.
  • trip1ex
    4881 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    also the conference said they would have campaigns spawning multiple maps and modes. So I would expect in Operations they'll throw in other modes besides "Conquest" in there. ONe sector mgiht be cap the 2 flags. The next might be blow up these 2 mcoms. Essentially just taking what they did with Frontlines and expanding on the idea. And they could make it so the same sector could have mcoms as the objective one time you play it and the next time it could be flags. that would fit the never be the same thing.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    also the conference said they would have campaigns spawning multiple maps and modes. So I would expect in Operations they'll throw in other modes besides "Conquest" in there. ONe sector mgiht be cap the 2 flags. The next might be blow up these 2 mcoms. Essentially just taking what they did with Frontlines and expanding on the idea. And they could make it so the same sector could have mcoms as the objective one time you play it and the next time it could be flags. that would fit the never be the same thing.

I would like to see the progressive targets like MAG or Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.
  • Shadders_X

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I don't buy it. Flags are already in different places in different maps already. People will go to it.

Actually the idea sounds really good...it will change the dynamic of battles and strategies.
    Hi,
    Please read what is written by the initial poster :
    "lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. "
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yes this would be great to add.

I've been hoping Operations was more like Star Wars Battlefront 2 Galactic Assault, cause they the same kinda and if Operations add a variety of objectives as you said we could have capturing a section, destroying mcoms or smmo dumps maybe, moving a tank to support, and even holding a line. This sounds like Cods War mode now, so DICE will have to add more aspects to it so it doesn't look copy paste of Activision
  • BaronVonGoon
    6846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The main reason I am hoping it's not WW2 is the colour palette and map assets. BF4 had a wide range of colours. The maps looked and felt very different. BF1 maps share alot of the same colours, grass, dirt, rocks, wood, fences, buildings, barbed wire, etc... I see WW2 looking very similar. Even a map like Passchendaele which has very dark colours feels similar to other maps because of the same stuff laying around everywhere: broken walls, dirt, barbed wire, rocks, etc...

Think of these: Pearl Market, Zavod, Silk Road, Outbreak, Hangar 21, Shanghai, Lost Islands, Golmud, Flood zone. These are all very very different maps. They look and feel very different.

There isn't that much of a difference aesthetically in BF1 maps and I fear a WW2 BF2018 would be the same.

• VBALL_MVP

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    "lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. "
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I did read and I did answer to YOUR post. You either don't comprehend or dont like my answer.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13281 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Soon™
  • VBALL_MVP
    Soon™

I thought we have learned not to use that word anymore.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Soon™

We will learn not to use that word anymore...soon™
  • VBALL_MVP
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Soon™

We will learn not to use that word anymore...soon™

Love it
  • Rogue-Mike
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    imo maps should be up to the server owners to decide

if the server owners want democracy, then let a vote happen

if they want to keep playing 2-3 maps each game, so be it

Thats how it used to be with map selections on rented servers, it just didn't have map voting.
  • Shadders_X

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I did read and I did answer to YOUR post. You either don't comprehend or dont like my answer.
    Hi,
    The BF4 maps for capture the flag, have the flags in exactly the same place in every attempt at the map.
    The initial post states ""lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. ""
    Which means a specific map has a different plan each time it is played as per the initial post statement "imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same"
    Please read what is written.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited May 2018

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    The BF4 maps for capture the flag, have the flags in exactly the same place in every attempt at the map.
    The initial post states ""lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. ""
    Which means a specific map has a different plan each time it is played as per the initial post statement "imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same"
    Please read what is written.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Yup looks like comprehension is a weak point for you.

Again I responded to your quote... specifically your statement "It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. ". Each map have flags in different locations right now and people hover to them. Having dynamic flags in one map would produce that same result....following the flag regardless of is changing location each game, not make it team death kill. Which as I said in the next paragraph would be a great idea since it will bring variety in game play.

So please start referring to what I responded to (your statement)......you disagree with it fine....doesnt mean I didn't read what was written...more like you didn't read what I wrote.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol he's still going with please read what is written
  • VBALL_MVP
    Lol he's still going with please read what is written

I know...like a broken record. It's a really bad troll attempt.
  • Sjangsung
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have play lot of BF games and still one is for me the best BF3. Rumors are that the new battlefield take place in WW2, first i hope they do not push system requirements higher. Second make a game for a longer period of years. Think that last one will be difficult. Take the Rockstar way support your game with free content and sell the game for years the full price.
  • AlexFurman85
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just a theory but what if "Never be the same" is a reference to the setting and not the game play? what conflict changed "the battlefield" forever?
This discussion has been closed.