Battlefield 2018

Comments

  • BaronVonGoon
    6730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just a theory but what if "Never be the same" is a reference to the setting and not the game play? what conflict changed "the battlefield" forever?

    Battle of Wolf 359
  • trip1ex
    4690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Gnow1370 wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    also the conference said they would have campaigns spawning multiple maps and modes. So I would expect in Operations they'll throw in other modes besides "Conquest" in there. ONe sector mgiht be cap the 2 flags. The next might be blow up these 2 mcoms. Essentially just taking what they did with Frontlines and expanding on the idea. And they could make it so the same sector could have mcoms as the objective one time you play it and the next time it could be flags. that would fit the never be the same thing.

    Yes this would be great to add.

    I've been hoping Operations was more like Star Wars Battlefront 2 Galactic Assault, cause they the same kinda and if Operations add a variety of objectives as you said we could have capturing a section, destroying mcoms or smmo dumps maybe, moving a tank to support, and even holding a line. This sounds like Cods War mode now, so DICE will have to add more aspects to it so it doesn't look copy paste of Activision

    If CoD has it then the better the odds EA will do something similar.
  • trip1ex
    4690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12835 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Soon™

    I thought we have learned not to use that word anymore.

    Ok den..

    Later™

    :D
  • Shadders_X
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    I don't buy it. Flags are already in different places in different maps already. People will go to it.

    Actually the idea sounds really good...it will change the dynamic of battles and strategies.
    Hi,
    Please read what is written by the initial poster :
    "lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. "
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    I did read and I did answer to YOUR post. You either don't comprehend or dont like my answer.
    Hi,
    The BF4 maps for capture the flag, have the flags in exactly the same place in every attempt at the map.
    The initial post states ""lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. ""
    Which means a specific map has a different plan each time it is played as per the initial post statement "imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same"
    Please read what is written.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Yup looks like comprehension is a weak point for you.

    Again I responded to your quote... specifically your statement "It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. ". Each map have flags in different locations right now and people hover to them. Having dynamic flags in one map would produce that same result....following the flag regardless of is changing location each game, not make it team death kill. Which as I said in the next paragraph would be a great idea since it will bring variety in game play.

    So please start referring to what I responded to (your statement)......you disagree with it fine....doesnt mean I didn't read what was written...more like you didn't read what I wrote.
    Hi,
    I take your point now you have clarified it. Thanks.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Shadders_X
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lol he's still going with please read what is written

    I know...like a broken record. It's a really bad troll attempt.
    Hi,
    It is not a troll attempt.
    When you lie about what people have written, as per the conversation where i clearly stated BF3 and BF4 sets the precedence for BF V, and you claimed i was stating BF1 - page 53 of this thread.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Post edited by Shadders_X on
  • Shadders_X
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lol he's still going with please read what is written

    I know...like a broken record. It's a really bad troll attempt.
    Hi,
    It is not a troll attempt.
    When you lie about what people have written, as per the conversation where i clearly stated BF3 and BF4 sets the precedence for BF V, and you claimed i was stating BF1 - page 53 of this thread.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Actually no..again it's your comprehension that is deceiving you.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No they didn't copy CoD....and as I stated before people have traditionally shown how they follow flags...all it would do is change the dynamic of it. Great example....you play only locker for quite some time now...imagine how much more excitement it would be of the flags moved....one couldn't just bipod up at B or D flag anymore.

    I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D. Maybe if you tried other maps you can see what you believe the average BF player is, is really not accurate.
  • Shadders_X
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lol he's still going with please read what is written

    I know...like a broken record. It's a really bad troll attempt.
    Hi,
    It is not a troll attempt.
    When you lie about what people have written, as per the conversation where i clearly stated BF3 and BF4 sets the precedence for BF V, and you claimed i was stating BF1 - page 53 of this thread.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Actually no..again it's your comprehension that is deceiving you.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No they didn't copy CoD....and as I stated before people have traditionally shown how they follow flags...all it would do is change the dynamic of it. Great example....you play only locker for quite some time now...imagine how much more excitement it would be of the flags moved....one couldn't just bipod up at B or D flag anymore.

    I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D. Maybe if you tried other maps you can see what you believe the average BF player is, is really not accurate.
    Hi,
    Not comprehension - i clearly stated BF4 and BF3, yet you claimed i was stating BF1. See page 53, and read what was written.

    Your prolific posting causes your statements to not represent what is maybe going on in your head. Take your time when posting to state clearly what you actually mean.

    EA/DICE have copied CoD to mimic its basic functions - self healing, lots of rewards/levels etc. They (EA/DICE) even stated they were going to take a large proportion of CoD sales - all attained by copying the CoD franchise. They even had the front graphic of the game DVD to look like a CoD game - blatantly designed to confuse customers (mums and dads etc) to buy the wrong one maybe.......

    There is very little teamwork in Battlefield. The design of squad comms ensures that you as a squad cannot talk to the other team mates not on your squad, so by design, EA/DICE have ensured the game has minimal teamwork.

    You have examined my profile and ascertained that i play locker - correct, it is a good map.

    You stated "I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D."

    The lack of teamwork is quite purely based on experience. Whether the map is Locker or another, people do not revive, we as a side are either persistently flanked and no one on the team seems to recognise this so as to change their behaviour, or we are pinned down to the spawn point. People do not give out ammo either.

    Having dynamic location of flags in a map is a distraction - people will just lose interest in defending the flag, or trying to capture the flag, It will kill the last aspect of Battlefield that has always been about teamwork.

    What has K/D got to do with it ? The entire point of the game is to ensure you do not die so that the other teams tickets depreciate quicker. So, it is logic that you need a higher K/D to ensure the opposing team fails and you win the game. It is synonymous with those people who rent a server and state - No Camping. That is the entire point of Battlefield - defend a flag - you have to camp. The weapon design in close quarters means that Assault class will win over Support class - so to counter this, you need to set up a position to defend a specific point. Its a natural design aspect of the game - higher K/D to win the match, camping to ensure that Support has a better chance of beating Assault.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • DeputyDelta
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No thank you, battlefield games take too long to load to only end up being killed after vaulting over a wall, taking fall damage losing enough health for a whiff of someones gas grenade to be enough to finish you off.
  • herodes87
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It will be Battle Royale only.
  • Vespervin
    1307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe they’ll ditch the progression system and everything will be unlockable right away by using either in-game currency or microtransactions?
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It shouldn't. Chasing trends like that reeks of desperation. They should focus on making multiplayer and singleplayer good. If they want a third mode they should come up with something original.
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    All I want from BF2018 is BF3 gunplay, BF4 vehicles and no bullet deviation from suppression. Oh, and working netcode.

    Will I get this? Probably not.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    I do also agree with you guys on they shouldnt do the battleroyal mode, but guys, lets think realistic here.
    Dice and EA are a buisness, i guarantee no matter whatbwe want, it will happen, as they see Battleroyal, bringing in tons of players and making lots of money also.
    I hope, they dont implement a Battleroyal mode, i was suggesting "If" they do, to do it a bit different, as battlefield is an all out warfare game mode, then do it as that, a 50V50 all out warfare, 0 respawn and it will definitely make you think twice, and plan each step as you get 0 respawn
  • trip1ex
    4690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018

    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

    And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please no more Behemoths...

    Guaranteed one for each side but one extra for the losing team..... At random times..
  • GrizzGolf
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoths aren't bad. I noticed must teams I'm on it just slows down the other team winning
  • GrizzGolf
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does the BF community as a whole want a WW2 game?
  • GrizzGolf
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tank BR would be awesome
This discussion has been closed.