Weekly Debrief

No emblems appear.

walkmantr
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
I have my own emblem on my profile. But when I enter the game, neither the weapons nor the vehicles have the symbol. Not just mine, no one in the game has a symbol. Everybody has a flag. My friend has the same problem. What should we do ?

Comments

• TrueEmissary
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I recognized this today too. :(
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Didn't notice till you mentioned it. Got it too.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13284 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Go to "C:\Users\*yourname*\Documents\Battlefield 4" and delete the Twinkle folder and relaunch.

It happens sometimes.
  • EXILE157
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    walkmantr wrote: »
    I have my own emblem on my profile. But when I enter the game, neither the weapons nor the vehicles have the symbol. Not just mine, no one in the game has a symbol. Everybody has a flag. My friend has the same problem. What should we do ?

We all having that problem!
    Ever since I clicked on BF Companion because of BF1, it's been nothing but problems on BF4 for me. I tried BF1, I hate BF1 and overall I regret paying for, within a few days/hours I uninstalled it, but the Emblem issue remains ever since for me.
  • EXILE157
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Go to "C:\Users\*yourname*\Documents\Battlefield 4" and delete the Twinkle folder and relaunch.

It happens sometimes.
    Wait....What The Hell??...Those steps are no way correct?...

I checked > This PC > Documents > Battlefield 4 and I don't I see any "Twinkle" Folder?....In Document all I see is [Screenshot Folder] and [Settings Folder] in Battlefield 4 Folder.

Do you mean > [C: Programs Folder ] > [Origin Game Folder] > [Battlefield4 Folder] > Then Delete those 3 [Twinkle files]????

> Extension.Twinkle.Codec_Win32_retail.dll
    > Extension.Twinkle.Codec_Win64_retail.dll
    > Extension.Twinkle.JavaScriptCore_Win64_retail.dll

Post edited by EXILE157 on
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    When launching BF4, there will appear a Twinkle folder in your Battlefield 4 folder that is in "My documents".
    Edit: Unfortunately deleting the Twinkle folder doesn't work for me @LOLGotYerTags
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13284 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Ah shoot.

Only other thing to check is in the options to make sure UGC is enabled
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited May 2018
    Ah shoot.

Only other thing to check is in the options to make sure UGC is enabled

Forgive me if it is a stupid question, but do you mean User Generated Content with UGC? :) If so, where can I find the option to enable it?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Yeah thats the one.

It should be in gameplay if memory serves correctly
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    Yeah thats the one.

It should be in gameplay if memory serves correctly

Gonna check that asap. Thanks so far :D
  • Clems-First
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    Hello. I'm also one of these unfortunate souls who cannot see any emblems while playing...

It happens sometimes.

Did it, but it didn't work,so I looked for the UGC and I couldn't find it in the options menu.
    I might be blind.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    Hello. I'm also one of these unfortunate souls who cannot see any emblems while playing...

It happens sometimes.

Did it, but it didn't work,so I looked for the UGC and I couldn't find it in the options menu.
    I might be blind.

Can confirm, not able to find UGC switch :(
  • Clems-First
    edited May 2018
    Please remove this comment.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    I'll post this up with the EA team and see if theres anything they suggest
  • Absynthe81
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yeah this is also happening to me. Started about the 13th May too if I remember correctly. Maybe it's EA main server issue or EA did something that broke it. Emblem shows up fine in battlelog but no one's emblems are showing in game, just default team flag. I've seen only one person with a killcam emblem. It was a very simple design with only one color, but when I checked his battlelog profile it was a completely different complicated emblem...

That or maybe it's "web companion" causing conflicts. I noticed emblems selected in web companion are not linked to battlelog. I had different saved emblems selected on each. Tried selecting the same one on both, still nothing. Also tried logging off web companion too but nothing seems to work.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited May 2018
    When I asked some other people I played with, they all had the same "issue". It isn't a huge problem. But a bit odd.
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on
  • thegrizz72
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    We are also having this issue . No one in the server has emblems.
  • Clems-First
    Absynthe81 wrote: »
    That or maybe it's "web companion" causing conflicts. I noticed emblems selected in web companion are not linked to battlelog. I had different saved emblems selected on each. Tried selecting the same one on both, still nothing. Also tried logging off web companion too but nothing seems to work.

I also think that it's the web companion.
    I never had that problem, but days after I added it and used my tablet/phone, it bugged...
  • Absynthe81
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    I never had that problem, but days after I added it and used my tablet/phone, it bugged...

If it's caused by using web companion then the people who've not used it shouldn't have the problem. If everyone is affected then it's probably caused by new coding to do with web companion they put into BF4 itself being broken/conflicting with in game battlelog coding.

Can anyone confirm whether it's just affecting people who've used web companion or actually affecting everyone? That could help pin point the issue for moderators to submit a focused report so it's easier for devs to de-bug.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    Absynthe81 wrote: »

If it's caused by using web companion then the people who've not used it shouldn't have the problem. If everyone is affected then it's probably caused by new coding to do with web companion they put into BF4 itself being broken/conflicting with in game battlelog coding.

Can anyone confirm whether it's just affecting people who've used web companion or actually affecting everyone? That could help pin point the issue for moderators to submit a focused report so it's easier for devs to de-bug.

I too recently reinstalled the app.