Weekly BF

Battlefield 2018

Comments

  • GrizzGolf
    1019 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just give the Medic the M1 and I'm ready to play
  • BaronVonGoon
    6818 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is what Golmud Railway felt like sometimes. Whatever they do I hope tank gameplay and mechanics resemble BF4 tanking more so than BF1.
  • V2Face
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All I want from BF2018 is BF3 gunplay, BF4 vehicles and no bullet deviation from suppression. Oh, and working netcode.

    Will I get this? Probably not.

    You want vehicles that all have lockon systems and auto regen outside of combat. Yeah that’s what I want in my next game.
  • DrunkwoIf
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I can picture 50 snipers on each team all camping on the edge of the map, only moving in when the map shrinks.
  • Shadders_X
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

    And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
    Hi,
    I disagree, given that there are too many people already playing capture the flag, who don't play the objective. I can see your argument where both sides are at an equal disadvantage in determining where the flag is and how to defend or attack it.

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.

    If you examine the servers - you will see that all Lockers maps are permanently full - sometimes have double digits of people waiting. There are many threads complaining about that most people concentrate on Locker.

    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • DeputyDelta
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It hasn't been the same since bf1. Game went down hill. Maybe they're going to expand on this and drive it into the ground completely.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No pleas... just no
  • KYUSS_QOTSA
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

    so what? you think it will be Korean war based? cant be
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lol he's still going with please read what is written

    I know...like a broken record. It's a really bad troll attempt.
    Hi,
    It is not a troll attempt.
    When you lie about what people have written, as per the conversation where i clearly stated BF3 and BF4 sets the precedence for BF V, and you claimed i was stating BF1 - page 53 of this thread.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Actually no..again it's your comprehension that is deceiving you.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No they didn't copy CoD....and as I stated before people have traditionally shown how they follow flags...all it would do is change the dynamic of it. Great example....you play only locker for quite some time now...imagine how much more excitement it would be of the flags moved....one couldn't just bipod up at B or D flag anymore.

    I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D. Maybe if you tried other maps you can see what you believe the average BF player is, is really not accurate.
    Hi,
    Not comprehension - i clearly stated BF4 and BF3, yet you claimed i was stating BF1. See page 53, and read what was written.

    Your prolific posting causes your statements to not represent what is maybe going on in your head. Take your time when posting to state clearly what you actually mean.

    EA/DICE have copied CoD to mimic its basic functions - self healing, lots of rewards/levels etc. They (EA/DICE) even stated they were going to take a large proportion of CoD sales - all attained by copying the CoD franchise. They even had the front graphic of the game DVD to look like a CoD game - blatantly designed to confuse customers (mums and dads etc) to buy the wrong one maybe.......

    There is very little teamwork in Battlefield. The design of squad comms ensures that you as a squad cannot talk to the other team mates not on your squad, so by design, EA/DICE have ensured the game has minimal teamwork.

    You have examined my profile and ascertained that i play locker - correct, it is a good map.

    You stated "I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D."

    The lack of teamwork is quite purely based on experience. Whether the map is Locker or another, people do not revive, we as a side are either persistently flanked and no one on the team seems to recognise this so as to change their behaviour, or we are pinned down to the spawn point. People do not give out ammo either.

    Having dynamic location of flags in a map is a distraction - people will just lose interest in defending the flag, or trying to capture the flag, It will kill the last aspect of Battlefield that has always been about teamwork.

    What has K/D got to do with it ? The entire point of the game is to ensure you do not die so that the other teams tickets depreciate quicker. So, it is logic that you need a higher K/D to ensure the opposing team fails and you win the game. It is synonymous with those people who rent a server and state - No Camping. That is the entire point of Battlefield - defend a flag - you have to camp. The weapon design in close quarters means that Assault class will win over Support class - so to counter this, you need to set up a position to defend a specific point. Its a natural design aspect of the game - higher K/D to win the match, camping to ensure that Support has a better chance of beating Assault.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Oh where to start....first your statement "Not comprehension - i clearly stated BF4 and BF3, yet you claimed i was stating BF1. See page 53, and read what was written."

    Yes has everything to do about comprehension, since even then you had difficulty comprehending and I broke it down for you back then. You are making critiques of what the future of BF holds based off of a title launched 5 years ago and has been preceded by 2 other games. Just because you never played Hardline nor BF1 doesn't mean that your "judgement" is fair and relevant, and that is what I called you out on, doctoring the state of Battlefield based off of a outdated (2 games have been released after it) game. While you are at it why don't we make our assessment on how good/bad Sony's next gen counsel is going to fair based off of the PS2.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    EA/DICE have copied CoD to mimic its basic functions - self healing, lots of rewards/levels etc. They (EA/DICE) even stated they were going to take a large proportion of CoD sales - all attained by copying the CoD franchise. They even had the front graphic of the game DVD to look like a CoD game - blatantly designed to confuse customers (mums and dads etc) to buy the wrong one maybe.......
    This claim is just laugable. You think CoD was the first to provide self healing? Halo did it before CoD, and even before that many games have done it. This feature has been around since the 80s. So then in that case CoD copied Halo and Halo copied FaceBall2000 which copied Hydlide....so no your beloved CoD is not the innovator to that. Oh and lets look at CoD's attempt of using a type of levolution in their games as well as in WW2 adding a game with a vehicle. Front graphic look alike? Seriously....you haven't looked at many games then. The front graphic has been copied from many previous games, in fact you can see many similarities to Wolfenstein Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Halo, and in face you can see some CoD games mimicking the front of BF titles. No these are all not original from either CoD or BF....both franchises add features based off of what players want, it's not always who is the first but who does it better. You can see this now with the trend going to games like Fortnite and PUBG other franchises, like Battlefield, are going to try to get these players to jump ship by offering a similar game mode. That is how business make money.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    What has K/D got to do with it ? The entire point of the game is to ensure you do not die so that the other teams tickets depreciate quicker. So, it is logic that you need a higher K/D to ensure the opposing team fails and you win the game.
    While its about preserving tickets, it is about capturing and holding flags, because even if you have a higher K/D but no flags, you are ensured to get a loss due to ticket bleed.
    Shadders_X wrote: »

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.
    Your judgement is a little narrow minded since you are only judging players game play on one map....a map that is also not a typical Battlefield type gameplay. If you checked other maps you will see that your conclusion based off of one map is not fully accurate. But again, if locker had dynamic map placement, you wouldn't see such repetitive game play as you do right now with people "strategically camping" at set choke points since "C flag" wouldn't always be in the middle.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.
    Again I would disagree with this statement and again state your judgement is flawed because you haven't played any new BF titles to see how people have played and also you have only played 1 map (except for 2 instances) in the last year. I find it reckless to base judgement of a whole game and gameplay on only 1 single map.
  • Shadders_X
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lol he's still going with please read what is written

    I know...like a broken record. It's a really bad troll attempt.
    Hi,
    It is not a troll attempt.
    When you lie about what people have written, as per the conversation where i clearly stated BF3 and BF4 sets the precedence for BF V, and you claimed i was stating BF1 - page 53 of this thread.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Actually no..again it's your comprehension that is deceiving you.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No they didn't copy CoD....and as I stated before people have traditionally shown how they follow flags...all it would do is change the dynamic of it. Great example....you play only locker for quite some time now...imagine how much more excitement it would be of the flags moved....one couldn't just bipod up at B or D flag anymore.

    I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D. Maybe if you tried other maps you can see what you believe the average BF player is, is really not accurate.
    Hi,
    Not comprehension - i clearly stated BF4 and BF3, yet you claimed i was stating BF1. See page 53, and read what was written.

    Your prolific posting causes your statements to not represent what is maybe going on in your head. Take your time when posting to state clearly what you actually mean.

    EA/DICE have copied CoD to mimic its basic functions - self healing, lots of rewards/levels etc. They (EA/DICE) even stated they were going to take a large proportion of CoD sales - all attained by copying the CoD franchise. They even had the front graphic of the game DVD to look like a CoD game - blatantly designed to confuse customers (mums and dads etc) to buy the wrong one maybe.......

    There is very little teamwork in Battlefield. The design of squad comms ensures that you as a squad cannot talk to the other team mates not on your squad, so by design, EA/DICE have ensured the game has minimal teamwork.

    You have examined my profile and ascertained that i play locker - correct, it is a good map.

    You stated "I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D."

    The lack of teamwork is quite purely based on experience. Whether the map is Locker or another, people do not revive, we as a side are either persistently flanked and no one on the team seems to recognise this so as to change their behaviour, or we are pinned down to the spawn point. People do not give out ammo either.

    Having dynamic location of flags in a map is a distraction - people will just lose interest in defending the flag, or trying to capture the flag, It will kill the last aspect of Battlefield that has always been about teamwork.

    What has K/D got to do with it ? The entire point of the game is to ensure you do not die so that the other teams tickets depreciate quicker. So, it is logic that you need a higher K/D to ensure the opposing team fails and you win the game. It is synonymous with those people who rent a server and state - No Camping. That is the entire point of Battlefield - defend a flag - you have to camp. The weapon design in close quarters means that Assault class will win over Support class - so to counter this, you need to set up a position to defend a specific point. Its a natural design aspect of the game - higher K/D to win the match, camping to ensure that Support has a better chance of beating Assault.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Oh where to start....first your statement "Not comprehension - i clearly stated BF4 and BF3, yet you claimed i was stating BF1. See page 53, and read what was written."

    Yes has everything to do about comprehension, since even then you had difficulty comprehending and I broke it down for you back then. You are making critiques of what the future of BF holds based off of a title launched 5 years ago and has been preceded by 2 other games. Just because you never played Hardline nor BF1 doesn't mean that your "judgement" is fair and relevant, and that is what I called you out on, doctoring the state of Battlefield based off of a outdated (2 games have been released after it) game. While you are at it why don't we make our assessment on how good/bad Sony's next gen counsel is going to fair based off of the PS2.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    EA/DICE have copied CoD to mimic its basic functions - self healing, lots of rewards/levels etc. They (EA/DICE) even stated they were going to take a large proportion of CoD sales - all attained by copying the CoD franchise. They even had the front graphic of the game DVD to look like a CoD game - blatantly designed to confuse customers (mums and dads etc) to buy the wrong one maybe.......
    This claim is just laugable. You think CoD was the first to provide self healing? Halo did it before CoD, and even before that many games have done it. This feature has been around since the 80s. So then in that case CoD copied Halo and Halo copied FaceBall2000 which copied Hydlide....so no your beloved CoD is not the innovator to that. Oh and lets look at CoD's attempt of using a type of levolution in their games as well as in WW2 adding a game with a vehicle. Front graphic look alike? Seriously....you haven't looked at many games then. The front graphic has been copied from many previous games, in fact you can see many similarities to Wolfenstein Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Halo, and in face you can see some CoD games mimicking the front of BF titles. No these are all not original from either CoD or BF....both franchises add features based off of what players want, it's not always who is the first but who does it better. You can see this now with the trend going to games like Fortnite and PUBG other franchises, like Battlefield, are going to try to get these players to jump ship by offering a similar game mode. That is how business make money.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    What has K/D got to do with it ? The entire point of the game is to ensure you do not die so that the other teams tickets depreciate quicker. So, it is logic that you need a higher K/D to ensure the opposing team fails and you win the game.
    While its about preserving tickets, it is about capturing and holding flags, because even if you have a higher K/D but no flags, you are ensured to get a loss due to ticket bleed.
    Shadders_X wrote: »

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.
    Your judgement is a little narrow minded since you are only judging players game play on one map....a map that is also not a typical Battlefield type gameplay. If you checked other maps you will see that your conclusion based off of one map is not fully accurate. But again, if locker had dynamic map placement, you wouldn't see such repetitive game play as you do right now with people "strategically camping" at set choke points since "C flag" wouldn't always be in the middle.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.
    Again I would disagree with this statement and again state your judgement is flawed because you haven't played any new BF titles to see how people have played and also you have only played 1 map (except for 2 instances) in the last year. I find it reckless to base judgement of a whole game and gameplay on only 1 single map.
    Hi,
    With regards to the judging BF V on BF3 and BF4, is as appropriate and valid as you are expecting BF V to be good based on BF H and BF1.
    BF3 and more specificaly BF4 were dire at release, yet BFBC and BFBC2 were great. So your claim that the two previous BF are good then the third in line will be good holds no water.
    You can't have it both ways.

    Many people complained that BF were copying CoD - search the forums - there are many people annoyed of CoD players joining BF since it was becoming more similar to CoD, and the CoD style of players - run and gun, was ruining the strategic aspects of BF.

    In regards to Locker and K/D, you stated "I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D. "
    Whatever the map, pursuing a high K/D is logically the optimal gameplay - don't drain your side tickets, so we can win the game. I do not see why Locker implies people who play it are trying to inflate their K/D.

    Whatever the map - it is the team attitude that matters, and if they want to work as a team they will do, and if not then they will not. All Locker shows as with any other map, is that team work has been killed by DICE/EA with their copying of CoD styles in gameplay, lack of open comms, and the prolific number of upgrades, gadgets, and awards/medals/ranks etc.

    DICE/EA have in their pursuit of money, appealed to the lowest common denominator, that is CoD style gaming, to attract more players, but at the same time, modified gamelplay to remove those aspects which do require teamwork. This has been the issue for too long, and there is no going back. Think about it - only the true fans will still be playing BF4, and if those people lack teamwork due to the in flux of people who don't really care about teamwork, then there is no going back.

    BF is just now another CoD copy.

    Regards,
    ShaddersX.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11018 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lol he's still going with please read what is written

    I know...like a broken record. It's a really bad troll attempt.
    Hi,
    It is not a troll attempt.
    When you lie about what people have written, as per the conversation where i clearly stated BF3 and BF4 sets the precedence for BF V, and you claimed i was stating BF1 - page 53 of this thread.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Actually no..again it's your comprehension that is deceiving you.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No they didn't copy CoD....and as I stated before people have traditionally shown how they follow flags...all it would do is change the dynamic of it. Great example....you play only locker for quite some time now...imagine how much more excitement it would be of the flags moved....one couldn't just bipod up at B or D flag anymore.

    I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D. Maybe if you tried other maps you can see what you believe the average BF player is, is really not accurate.
    Hi,
    Not comprehension - i clearly stated BF4 and BF3, yet you claimed i was stating BF1. See page 53, and read what was written.

    Your prolific posting causes your statements to not represent what is maybe going on in your head. Take your time when posting to state clearly what you actually mean.

    EA/DICE have copied CoD to mimic its basic functions - self healing, lots of rewards/levels etc. They (EA/DICE) even stated they were going to take a large proportion of CoD sales - all attained by copying the CoD franchise. They even had the front graphic of the game DVD to look like a CoD game - blatantly designed to confuse customers (mums and dads etc) to buy the wrong one maybe.......

    There is very little teamwork in Battlefield. The design of squad comms ensures that you as a squad cannot talk to the other team mates not on your squad, so by design, EA/DICE have ensured the game has minimal teamwork.

    You have examined my profile and ascertained that i play locker - correct, it is a good map.

    You stated "I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D."

    The lack of teamwork is quite purely based on experience. Whether the map is Locker or another, people do not revive, we as a side are either persistently flanked and no one on the team seems to recognise this so as to change their behaviour, or we are pinned down to the spawn point. People do not give out ammo either.

    Having dynamic location of flags in a map is a distraction - people will just lose interest in defending the flag, or trying to capture the flag, It will kill the last aspect of Battlefield that has always been about teamwork.

    What has K/D got to do with it ? The entire point of the game is to ensure you do not die so that the other teams tickets depreciate quicker. So, it is logic that you need a higher K/D to ensure the opposing team fails and you win the game. It is synonymous with those people who rent a server and state - No Camping. That is the entire point of Battlefield - defend a flag - you have to camp. The weapon design in close quarters means that Assault class will win over Support class - so to counter this, you need to set up a position to defend a specific point. Its a natural design aspect of the game - higher K/D to win the match, camping to ensure that Support has a better chance of beating Assault.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Oh where to start....first your statement "Not comprehension - i clearly stated BF4 and BF3, yet you claimed i was stating BF1. See page 53, and read what was written."

    Yes has everything to do about comprehension, since even then you had difficulty comprehending and I broke it down for you back then. You are making critiques of what the future of BF holds based off of a title launched 5 years ago and has been preceded by 2 other games. Just because you never played Hardline nor BF1 doesn't mean that your "judgement" is fair and relevant, and that is what I called you out on, doctoring the state of Battlefield based off of a outdated (2 games have been released after it) game. While you are at it why don't we make our assessment on how good/bad Sony's next gen counsel is going to fair based off of the PS2.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    EA/DICE have copied CoD to mimic its basic functions - self healing, lots of rewards/levels etc. They (EA/DICE) even stated they were going to take a large proportion of CoD sales - all attained by copying the CoD franchise. They even had the front graphic of the game DVD to look like a CoD game - blatantly designed to confuse customers (mums and dads etc) to buy the wrong one maybe.......
    This claim is just laugable. You think CoD was the first to provide self healing? Halo did it before CoD, and even before that many games have done it. This feature has been around since the 80s. So then in that case CoD copied Halo and Halo copied FaceBall2000 which copied Hydlide....so no your beloved CoD is not the innovator to that. Oh and lets look at CoD's attempt of using a type of levolution in their games as well as in WW2 adding a game with a vehicle. Front graphic look alike? Seriously....you haven't looked at many games then. The front graphic has been copied from many previous games, in fact you can see many similarities to Wolfenstein Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Halo, and in face you can see some CoD games mimicking the front of BF titles. No these are all not original from either CoD or BF....both franchises add features based off of what players want, it's not always who is the first but who does it better. You can see this now with the trend going to games like Fortnite and PUBG other franchises, like Battlefield, are going to try to get these players to jump ship by offering a similar game mode. That is how business make money.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    What has K/D got to do with it ? The entire point of the game is to ensure you do not die so that the other teams tickets depreciate quicker. So, it is logic that you need a higher K/D to ensure the opposing team fails and you win the game.
    While its about preserving tickets, it is about capturing and holding flags, because even if you have a higher K/D but no flags, you are ensured to get a loss due to ticket bleed.
    Shadders_X wrote: »

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.
    Your judgement is a little narrow minded since you are only judging players game play on one map....a map that is also not a typical Battlefield type gameplay. If you checked other maps you will see that your conclusion based off of one map is not fully accurate. But again, if locker had dynamic map placement, you wouldn't see such repetitive game play as you do right now with people "strategically camping" at set choke points since "C flag" wouldn't always be in the middle.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.
    Again I would disagree with this statement and again state your judgement is flawed because you haven't played any new BF titles to see how people have played and also you have only played 1 map (except for 2 instances) in the last year. I find it reckless to base judgement of a whole game and gameplay on only 1 single map.
    Hi,
    With regards to the judging BF V on BF3 and BF4, is as appropriate and valid as you are expecting BF V to be good based on BF H and BF1.
    BF3 and more specificaly BF4 were dire at release, yet BFBC and BFBC2 were great. So your claim that the two previous BF are good then the third in line will be good holds no water.
    You can't have it both ways.

    Many people complained that BF were copying CoD - search the forums - there are many people annoyed of CoD players joining BF since it was becoming more similar to CoD, and the CoD style of players - run and gun, was ruining the strategic aspects of BF.

    In regards to Locker and K/D, you stated "I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D. "
    Whatever the map, pursuing a high K/D is logically the optimal gameplay - don't drain your side tickets, so we can win the game. I do not see why Locker implies people who play it are trying to inflate their K/D.

    Whatever the map - it is the team attitude that matters, and if they want to work as a team they will do, and if not then they will not. All Locker shows as with any other map, is that team work has been killed by DICE/EA with their copying of CoD styles in gameplay, lack of open comms, and the prolific number of upgrades, gadgets, and awards/medals/ranks etc.

    DICE/EA have in their pursuit of money, appealed to the lowest common denominator, that is CoD style gaming, to attract more players, but at the same time, modified gamelplay to remove those aspects which do require teamwork. This has been the issue for too long, and there is no going back. Think about it - only the true fans will still be playing BF4, and if those people lack teamwork due to the in flux of people who don't really care about teamwork, then there is no going back.

    BF is just now another CoD copy.

    Regards,
    ShaddersX.
    Hi.

    Regards,
    Tek
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lol he's still going with please read what is written

    I know...like a broken record. It's a really bad troll attempt.
    Hi,
    It is not a troll attempt.
    When you lie about what people have written, as per the conversation where i clearly stated BF3 and BF4 sets the precedence for BF V, and you claimed i was stating BF1 - page 53 of this thread.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Actually no..again it's your comprehension that is deceiving you.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No they didn't copy CoD....and as I stated before people have traditionally shown how they follow flags...all it would do is change the dynamic of it. Great example....you play only locker for quite some time now...imagine how much more excitement it would be of the flags moved....one couldn't just bipod up at B or D flag anymore.

    I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D. Maybe if you tried other maps you can see what you believe the average BF player is, is really not accurate.
    Hi,
    Not comprehension - i clearly stated BF4 and BF3, yet you claimed i was stating BF1. See page 53, and read what was written.

    Your prolific posting causes your statements to not represent what is maybe going on in your head. Take your time when posting to state clearly what you actually mean.

    EA/DICE have copied CoD to mimic its basic functions - self healing, lots of rewards/levels etc. They (EA/DICE) even stated they were going to take a large proportion of CoD sales - all attained by copying the CoD franchise. They even had the front graphic of the game DVD to look like a CoD game - blatantly designed to confuse customers (mums and dads etc) to buy the wrong one maybe.......

    There is very little teamwork in Battlefield. The design of squad comms ensures that you as a squad cannot talk to the other team mates not on your squad, so by design, EA/DICE have ensured the game has minimal teamwork.

    You have examined my profile and ascertained that i play locker - correct, it is a good map.

    You stated "I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D."

    The lack of teamwork is quite purely based on experience. Whether the map is Locker or another, people do not revive, we as a side are either persistently flanked and no one on the team seems to recognise this so as to change their behaviour, or we are pinned down to the spawn point. People do not give out ammo either.

    Having dynamic location of flags in a map is a distraction - people will just lose interest in defending the flag, or trying to capture the flag, It will kill the last aspect of Battlefield that has always been about teamwork.

    What has K/D got to do with it ? The entire point of the game is to ensure you do not die so that the other teams tickets depreciate quicker. So, it is logic that you need a higher K/D to ensure the opposing team fails and you win the game. It is synonymous with those people who rent a server and state - No Camping. That is the entire point of Battlefield - defend a flag - you have to camp. The weapon design in close quarters means that Assault class will win over Support class - so to counter this, you need to set up a position to defend a specific point. Its a natural design aspect of the game - higher K/D to win the match, camping to ensure that Support has a better chance of beating Assault.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Oh where to start....first your statement "Not comprehension - i clearly stated BF4 and BF3, yet you claimed i was stating BF1. See page 53, and read what was written."

    Yes has everything to do about comprehension, since even then you had difficulty comprehending and I broke it down for you back then. You are making critiques of what the future of BF holds based off of a title launched 5 years ago and has been preceded by 2 other games. Just because you never played Hardline nor BF1 doesn't mean that your "judgement" is fair and relevant, and that is what I called you out on, doctoring the state of Battlefield based off of a outdated (2 games have been released after it) game. While you are at it why don't we make our assessment on how good/bad Sony's next gen counsel is going to fair based off of the PS2.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    EA/DICE have copied CoD to mimic its basic functions - self healing, lots of rewards/levels etc. They (EA/DICE) even stated they were going to take a large proportion of CoD sales - all attained by copying the CoD franchise. They even had the front graphic of the game DVD to look like a CoD game - blatantly designed to confuse customers (mums and dads etc) to buy the wrong one maybe.......
    This claim is just laugable. You think CoD was the first to provide self healing? Halo did it before CoD, and even before that many games have done it. This feature has been around since the 80s. So then in that case CoD copied Halo and Halo copied FaceBall2000 which copied Hydlide....so no your beloved CoD is not the innovator to that. Oh and lets look at CoD's attempt of using a type of levolution in their games as well as in WW2 adding a game with a vehicle. Front graphic look alike? Seriously....you haven't looked at many games then. The front graphic has been copied from many previous games, in fact you can see many similarities to Wolfenstein Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Halo, and in face you can see some CoD games mimicking the front of BF titles. No these are all not original from either CoD or BF....both franchises add features based off of what players want, it's not always who is the first but who does it better. You can see this now with the trend going to games like Fortnite and PUBG other franchises, like Battlefield, are going to try to get these players to jump ship by offering a similar game mode. That is how business make money.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    What has K/D got to do with it ? The entire point of the game is to ensure you do not die so that the other teams tickets depreciate quicker. So, it is logic that you need a higher K/D to ensure the opposing team fails and you win the game.
    While its about preserving tickets, it is about capturing and holding flags, because even if you have a higher K/D but no flags, you are ensured to get a loss due to ticket bleed.
    Shadders_X wrote: »

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.
    Your judgement is a little narrow minded since you are only judging players game play on one map....a map that is also not a typical Battlefield type gameplay. If you checked other maps you will see that your conclusion based off of one map is not fully accurate. But again, if locker had dynamic map placement, you wouldn't see such repetitive game play as you do right now with people "strategically camping" at set choke points since "C flag" wouldn't always be in the middle.
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.
    Again I would disagree with this statement and again state your judgement is flawed because you haven't played any new BF titles to see how people have played and also you have only played 1 map (except for 2 instances) in the last year. I find it reckless to base judgement of a whole game and gameplay on only 1 single map.
    Hi,
    With regards to the judging BF V on BF3 and BF4, is as appropriate and valid as you are expecting BF V to be good based on BF H and BF1.
    BF3 and more specificaly BF4 were dire at release, yet BFBC and BFBC2 were great. So your claim that the two previous BF are good then the third in line will be good holds no water.
    You can't have it both ways.

    Many people complained that BF were copying CoD - search the forums - there are many people annoyed of CoD players joining BF since it was becoming more similar to CoD, and the CoD style of players - run and gun, was ruining the strategic aspects of BF.

    In regards to Locker and K/D, you stated "I think part of your belief of lack of teamwork is due to the fact you play the one map that everyone plays to just inflate ones K/D. "
    Whatever the map, pursuing a high K/D is logically the optimal gameplay - don't drain your side tickets, so we can win the game. I do not see why Locker implies people who play it are trying to inflate their K/D.

    Whatever the map - it is the team attitude that matters, and if they want to work as a team they will do, and if not then they will not. All Locker shows as with any other map, is that team work has been killed by DICE/EA with their copying of CoD styles in gameplay, lack of open comms, and the prolific number of upgrades, gadgets, and awards/medals/ranks etc.

    DICE/EA have in their pursuit of money, appealed to the lowest common denominator, that is CoD style gaming, to attract more players, but at the same time, modified gamelplay to remove those aspects which do require teamwork. This has been the issue for too long, and there is no going back. Think about it - only the true fans will still be playing BF4, and if those people lack teamwork due to the in flux of people who don't really care about teamwork, then there is no going back.

    BF is just now another CoD copy.

    Regards,
    ShaddersX.
    Hi.

    Regards,
    Tek

    Hello, Tek.

    I am Loqtrall

    Regards,
    Loqtrall
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    what the hell is is it with these regards trolls (those are probably the people I kill in a tank the whole time and will keep stomping on in BF 2018 :D) here? Back to the subject. 9 days until the teaser thing reveal!!
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Put in Asian Factions. Like Japan and China in this mode. This will make Chinese leave pubg and rather play battlefield.
  • trip1ex
    4872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

    And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
    Hi,
    I disagree, given that there are too many people already playing capture the flag, who don't play the objective. I can see your argument where both sides are at an equal disadvantage in determining where the flag is and how to defend or attack it.

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.

    If you examine the servers - you will see that all Lockers maps are permanently full - sometimes have double digits of people waiting. There are many threads complaining about that most people concentrate on Locker.

    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Are you trying to say that not enough people play objectives to bother with moving flags around? I can understand that pt of view.

    But you could have just come out and said that in the first place. Instead we got 10 posts and 30 paragraphs. :) (Ok to be fair English isn't your first language from the looks of it so I will cut your some slack.)


    However even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    All I want from BF2018 is BF3 gunplay, BF4 vehicles and no bullet deviation from suppression. Oh, and working netcode.

    Will I get this? Probably not.

    You want vehicles that all have lockon systems and auto regen outside of combat. Yeah that’s what I want in my next game.
    I don't like lock-ons myself (look at my post history on the old forums for proof of that) but other than that I really liked the vehicle play in BF4.

    Still don't know why people get their knickers in a twist over auto-regen. If Infantry can do it why shouldn't vehicles be able to?
  • trip1ex
    4872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

    so what? you think it will be Korean war based? cant be

    it's probably ww2. But I was on board with it being the Korean War for a bit there because the Battle of the White Horse seemed tailor made for BF and a new BF king of the hill mode. And Korean War does have helicopters. And ...they could have xpacs covering the Indochina and Vietnam wars.

  • trip1ex
    4872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    it could take place in the Korean War and you could use copters to fly out 2 dead bodies at a time and bring them back to the medical tents to save them so the players could get back to the battlefield if you had 1 life per player.
    Post edited by trip1ex on
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd hope DICE wouldn't focus any effort on a BR game mode. The reason the big BR games are as successful as they are is because they're entire games focused around the BR theme.

    They have usually few or just one single map designed specifically for the game, the entire game is built around being played in a BR setting.

    Whereas BF is designed to be primarily played in Conquest, and maps are designed (usually horribly) as a second thought for other game modes like TDM, Dom, or Ops where they literally just cut out small sections of each CQL map and use it as the map for those game modes.

    That being said, my point is that with DICEs focus on conquest map design, and other game modes being a near after-thought in terms of map design, I don't think they'd put enough effort or focus on a BR game mode that it'd be worth playing or even that greatly balanced in the first place.

    Of course it may turn into some cult-followed popular BS game mode people play just because BR is the next big thing - but it actually being worth playing in comparison to games like PUBG, FN, IoTN, etc? I don't think DICE would do that great of a job. Most of their new and more inventive game modes that pull away from the usual conquest/tdm/rush formula usually don't pan out that well.
This discussion has been closed.