Paid skins as an alternative to Premium.

PopsicleStealer
1206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited May 14
First I want to make clear before going over my idea. I bough all Premium passes for all available BF games, and I don't hate Premium as a business model, I understand that developer must make profit. Ok now to the point.

BF2018 is just around the corner, and I had some ideas on how they can make money without selling Premium. That idea was paid skins.Not like we have now where you can buy "Super Rare Edition" battlepacks, I mean skins that can ONLY be purchased with real cash. Dice got very talented artists who made mindblowing skins for BF1.

Right now we have 3 tiers of skins - Common, Distinguished, Legendary. So how about making another tier, call it "Premium" tier skins, put amazing skins in it and sell them for 5 euros each. This way people would have an option to buy that amazing skin that they want and use it right away instead of farming those stupid packs and praying to whatever higher being he believes in so that he can get the skin he wants.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys looking at fancy pixels. Yes a lot of people don't care at all about skins, but considering how much mess there was about lack of visual customization, I think Dice could add some amazing soldier skins and weapons skins for people to buy. And I'm sure there are a alot of people who will be willing to spend their hard earned money to buy them.

Thank you for reading this.

Comments

• dcs500
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Interesting idea, but Premium/DLC is the real money earner, and these game aren't made for free, I doubt many would spend £40 on skins or the DLC cost equivalent.
  • xxDicemanxx
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    First I want to make clear before going over my idea. I bough all Premium passes for all available BF games, and I don't hate Premium as a business model, I understand that developer must make profit. Ok now to the point.

BF2018 is just around the corner, and I had some ideas on how they can make money without selling Premium. That idea was paid skins.Not like we have now where you can buy "Super Rare Edition" battlepacks, I mean skins that can ONLY be purchased with real cash. Dice got very talented artists who made mindblowing skins for BF1.

Right now we have 3 tiers of skins - Common, Distinguished, Legendary. So how about making another tier, call it "Premium" tier skins, put amazing skins in it and sell them for 5 euros each. This way people would have an option to buy that amazing skin that they want and use it right away instead of farming those stupid packs and praying to whatever higher being he believes in so that he can get the skin he wants.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys looking at fancy pixels. Yes a lot of people don't care at all about skins, but considering how much mess there was about lack of visual customization, I think Dice could add some amazing soldier skins and weapons skins for people to buy. And I'm sure there are a alot of people who will be willing to spend their hard earned money to buy them.

Thank you for reading this.

remember when you didn't have to purchase skins because the whole "games as service" wasn't a thing. i'm still up for flat out buying premium and that the whole split the playerbase is just a terrible justification for being stingy. I'm not a fan of the direction games are moving in with a simple black paint job on a gun costing $3.99.
  • trip1ex
    3056 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    yeah they should get rid of Premium at least the maps/modes part of Premium. It just doesn't make a lot of sense for a multiplayer game.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    When I buy a game, I still prefer to actually own the entire thing. No loot crates, no ingame purchases.

I'd rather they raise the price of the game to about 70 euro, of course with the promise to deliver the same amount of content as we got in previous BF games. No splitting communities, but everyone will be forced to pay the full price, so their income would still remain the same. The price of games has remained pretty much the same the past 15 years, it only makes sense to increase prices.
    dcs500 wrote: »
    Interesting idea, but Premium/DLC is the real money earner, and these game aren't made for free, I doubt many would spend £40 on skins or the DLC cost equivalent.

A large chunk of EA's income already comes from microtransactions. If they jump on it and start selling unique skins, they could probably earn more than they do with DLC's. You'd be surprised how much money people dump in useless skins in Fortnite (hint: it's over $100 million / month!).
  • crabman169
    11515 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 14
  • GRIZZ11283
    4658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Erm, I'm gonna say no, not interested in skins at all, premium works well imo.
  • l_water_l
    1126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We don't need Battlefield to become the horrible joke that is the CounterStrike skin community.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3127 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    Thread moved to Off-Topic area since it has nothing to do with BF1.

-CB
  • Fleetwood1987
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Does nobody understand, no premium means little to no content after release.
  • Toxic_CA
    659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So pretty much the siege model?
  • GRIZZ11283
    4658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Does nobody understand, no premium means little to no content after release.

Exactly, it's been said so many times, it doesn't go in though.