Very tempted to ask for a refund on my DLC

Silver032
81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
I'm not talking about the value of the DLC or if its worth the price tag. Thats a conversation from another topic,

I'm talking about giving it away for free, without proper announcements and to be more transparent about the pricing structure.

I didn't buy this game at release, brought the origin pass. After a week, i looked into the dlc, the whole package was a whopping $55 on origin.

Think about it $55 for content in a game I already own? worth? nah not for me, maybe IF i brought it at release I would of purchased them a la carte.

However, I really wanted to fly the heavy bomber and play more maps, So i googled it. I found a link on EA site for $11.22 for ALL the DLC. I purchased it right away and enjoyed my content.

Now flash forward less than 3 weeks, and 2 sets of dlc maps have been released for free. Doesn't this irk those of you that paid full price for it? I mean i got mine for 20% of value and I still feel gyped that the content I brought was released a week later... for free.

EA, be transparent about your content. Make announcements when you release dlc, when they will be free for everyone. Be sure with your marketing and prices so that someone doesn't pay 5 times as much for content that can be found for 20% on another link.

/rant

Comments

• Silver032
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 14
    crabman169 wrote: »
    How stingy do you have to be to buy the premium pass a few weeks ago cheap as chips to than get upset about ONE dlc (that is over a year old) being made free for a limited time (two weeks).

You are still head with the other three Dlcs and premium.

They annouced this dlc was gonna be made free last month

i'm an overmedicated j e w i s h (man) from brooklyn, you can only imagine. Maybe a highlight on the window for the purchase that says XX% of your purchase will be free in XX days.. like they do in other games..

(why did chat filter)
  • ElliotLH
    3589 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've had premium since shortly after this game was released and also purchased the deluxe upgrade but I've still got no problem with them giving away the DLC at this point.

While I can totally understand that you feel short changed as TSNP was released for free after you'd just bought it I think it's maybe better to look at it as a positive as it might mean more people are playing.
  • 68Keif
    4572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can’t even. This happens every time. Their will be more threads like this :|
  • -Antares65z
    1164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 14
    I hope EA gives away all the DLC for free. Would much rather have full All Maps servers going than just vanilla map servers. I paid for the DLC in the very beginning and have had many hours of entertainment value out of it.
  • crabman169
    12114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Silver032 wrote: »
    How stingy do you have to be to buy the premium pass a few weeks ago cheap as chips to than get upset about ONE dlc (that is over a year old) being made free for a limited time (two weeks).

i'm an overmedicated j e w i s h (man) from brooklyn, you can only imagine. Maybe a highlight on the window for the purchase that says XX% of your purchase will be free in XX days.. like they do in other games..

(why did chat filter)

No other game or purchasable product does that; ever. They did tell you last month that TSNP would be free for a limited time. I mean they told you before you even purchased anything so the fact you feel "ripped off" is rather ironic.

You still aren't shortchanged. You only paid for premium for less then ONE dlc is worth ($15). The only way you'd actually be shortchanged is if all the dlc is given out for free but you'd still be in front owning premium.

You think you feel ripped off and need your money back (lmfao)

I paid $180 for this game and premium at launch; it was 6 MONTHS before anything for premium was released (until that time only a few dog tags and server priority was all you got alongside a monthly superior battlepack; all of which you get too)

And you are getting upset about $11.22 when a dlc costs $15.

FFS.

Better ask your money back for everything you've ever bought that dropped in price over time e.g. Video games, motor vehicles, groceries etc
  • Fleetwood1987
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You bought it all for $11 and are complaining, get outta here
  • Gforce81
    3245 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wow, I'm getting some crazy flashbacks here

This is all sounding waaaay too familar
  • TEKNOCODE
    8547 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    81DIPh3-BnL._SX342_.jpg
  • Jayremie570
    1299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Silver032 wrote: »

(why did chat filter)

Why, don't you know? You're no longer allowed to say who you are or label anything even if it's a rather benign observation. Silly.

On topic, I wouldn't mind them giving the game away for free occasionally. I love this game and the more players discovering it the better.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    458 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I pre-ordered with premium pass for maybe 100 ish quid I can’t remember and frankly don’t care, worth every penny.
    You want to fret about 11 dollars? Also with the race troupe? Mate you’re a parody of yourself, gg.
  • HardAimedKid
    10656 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL
  • Imabaka70
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    you paid $11,22 for all dlc..... and are considering a refund because some of them have been given free now (but only if claimed in time)?

honestly, words fail me.

If I wasn't a mod, I'd say exactly what I thought and take my time in the barn.

I paid 100 bucks for the game and premium and don’t have a single regret.

I’ve clocked in 1134hrs as of right now and this continues to climb every day.

Let them get the dlc for free at this point let more people experience what they missed. Maybe they would be up for getting it at the start.
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can I get a monetary refund for the free DLC I just got from DICE? I'd rather have the $14.99.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bought the game on release and then Premium once the first DLC was released... Have clocked almost 800 hrs into the game... go ahead do the math... I think I got my "bang for the buck"

I don´t think the fanboys (me included) do care that much about the fact that Dice is giving away the DLCs for free until the release of BFBC3... Sorry...! I meant BFV... Maybe it can help populate a few more Mixed Servers and DLC gamemodes...
  • MurfCr
    921 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I paid full price for the deluxe version when the game was release. After playing it for a week I got the premium pass. I have gotten every penny's worth out of it and then some. Cost to time played WELL WORTH it. Dice giving away DLC now for nothing for a limited time, great give something to those that might not have been able to buy it. Hopefully it will bring people back to play before the next Battlefield.
  • ProAssassin2003
    1825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've given up on humanity.
  • 68Keif
    4572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Me first
  • ElliotLH
    3589 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    68Keif wrote: »

Me first

Excelsior!

RhUvFrQ.jpg
This discussion has been closed.