Battlefield 2018

Comments

  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

    And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
    Hi,
    I disagree, given that there are too many people already playing capture the flag, who don't play the objective. I can see your argument where both sides are at an equal disadvantage in determining where the flag is and how to defend or attack it.

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.

    If you examine the servers - you will see that all Lockers maps are permanently full - sometimes have double digits of people waiting. There are many threads complaining about that most people concentrate on Locker.

    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Are you trying to say that not enough people play objectives to bother with moving flags around? I can understand that pt of view.

    But you could have just come out and said that in the first place. Instead we got 10 posts and 30 paragraphs. :) (Ok to be fair English isn't your first language from the looks of it so I will cut your some slack.)


    However even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I am explaining my logic and evidence behind what i am stating - that is all, so that there is no ambiguity.

    Yes - despite there being people who do want to play the objective, there are too many people who will not play the objective, and the result is that one team is usually pinned to their spawn or the first flag outside their spawn.

    This will not change - DICE/EA have modified the gameplay, and people are playing it for a quick fix like CoD. So when people state they will have to be more strategic, think on their feet - the majority aren't thinking about capturing the flag, they just want to run and gun. The benefit of BF is big maps and vehicles.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.

    Exactly.... he doesn't get it though. He is also making judgements based off of one map from a 5 year old game. Really not a data driven approach.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bring back repair ramps and aircraft repairs by landing.
    I
  • Shadders_X
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

    And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
    Hi,
    I disagree, given that there are too many people already playing capture the flag, who don't play the objective. I can see your argument where both sides are at an equal disadvantage in determining where the flag is and how to defend or attack it.

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.

    If you examine the servers - you will see that all Lockers maps are permanently full - sometimes have double digits of people waiting. There are many threads complaining about that most people concentrate on Locker.

    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Are you trying to say that not enough people play objectives to bother with moving flags around? I can understand that pt of view.

    But you could have just come out and said that in the first place. Instead we got 10 posts and 30 paragraphs. :) (Ok to be fair English isn't your first language from the looks of it so I will cut your some slack.)


    However even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I am explaining my logic and evidence behind what i am stating - that is all, so that there is no ambiguity.

    Yes - despite there being people who do want to play the objective, there are too many people who will not play the objective, and the result is that one team is usually pinned to their spawn or the first flag outside their spawn.

    This will not change - DICE/EA have modified the gameplay, and people are playing it for a quick fix like CoD. So when people state they will have to be more strategic, think on their feet - the majority aren't thinking about capturing the flag, they just want to run and gun. The benefit of BF is big maps and vehicles.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I thought the point we were discussing was that people were to play the objective - that is, capture the flag. Its bad enough in BF4 with static flags, where random/dynamic flags will just reduce the strategic aspect of the game for more people - makes it more difficult.

    What you are indicating is that dynamic maps will change the dynamic of the battle - yes, i agree - will add something different, but will enforce the team death kill match approach. People will be more bothered about evading the opponents than deciding a strategy/tactic to capture the flag, as they will not know where the next opponent is coming from. A continued defence of oneself, as opposed to CTF.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • trip1ex
    4465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

    And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
    Hi,
    I disagree, given that there are too many people already playing capture the flag, who don't play the objective. I can see your argument where both sides are at an equal disadvantage in determining where the flag is and how to defend or attack it.

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.

    If you examine the servers - you will see that all Lockers maps are permanently full - sometimes have double digits of people waiting. There are many threads complaining about that most people concentrate on Locker.

    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Are you trying to say that not enough people play objectives to bother with moving flags around? I can understand that pt of view.

    But you could have just come out and said that in the first place. Instead we got 10 posts and 30 paragraphs. :) (Ok to be fair English isn't your first language from the looks of it so I will cut your some slack.)


    However even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I am explaining my logic and evidence behind what i am stating - that is all, so that there is no ambiguity.

    Yes - despite there being people who do want to play the objective, there are too many people who will not play the objective, and the result is that one team is usually pinned to their spawn or the first flag outside their spawn.

    This will not change - DICE/EA have modified the gameplay, and people are playing it for a quick fix like CoD. So when people state they will have to be more strategic, think on their feet - the majority aren't thinking about capturing the flag, they just want to run and gun. The benefit of BF is big maps and vehicles.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I thought the point we were discussing was that people were to play the objective - that is, capture the flag. Its bad enough in BF4 with static flags, where random/dynamic flags will just reduce the strategic aspect of the game for more people - makes it more difficult.

    What you are indicating is that dynamic maps will change the dynamic of the battle - yes, i agree - will add something different, but will enforce the team death kill match approach. People will be more bothered about evading the opponents than deciding a strategy/tactic to capture the flag, as they will not know where the next opponent is coming from. A continued defence of oneself, as opposed to CTF.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    lol you're just rambling.
  • trip1ex
    4465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

    And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
    Hi,
    I disagree, given that there are too many people already playing capture the flag, who don't play the objective. I can see your argument where both sides are at an equal disadvantage in determining where the flag is and how to defend or attack it.

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.

    If you examine the servers - you will see that all Lockers maps are permanently full - sometimes have double digits of people waiting. There are many threads complaining about that most people concentrate on Locker.

    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Are you trying to say that not enough people play objectives to bother with moving flags around? I can understand that pt of view.

    But you could have just come out and said that in the first place. Instead we got 10 posts and 30 paragraphs. :) (Ok to be fair English isn't your first language from the looks of it so I will cut your some slack.)


    However even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I am explaining my logic and evidence behind what i am stating - that is all, so that there is no ambiguity.

    Yes - despite there being people who do want to play the objective, there are too many people who will not play the objective, and the result is that one team is usually pinned to their spawn or the first flag outside their spawn.

    This will not change - DICE/EA have modified the gameplay, and people are playing it for a quick fix like CoD. So when people state they will have to be more strategic, think on their feet - the majority aren't thinking about capturing the flag, they just want to run and gun. The benefit of BF is big maps and vehicles.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.

    Exactly.... he doesn't get it though. He is also making judgements based off of one map from a 5 year old game. Really not a data driven approach.

    yeah waste of time. He's just trolling. i had to learn the hard way instead of just learning from your experience.

  • trip1ex
    4465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    Bring back repair ramps and aircraft repairs by landing.
    I


    OH yeah forgot about repair ramps.

    I miss taking off from runways even with all the baggage they brought to the table.
  • trip1ex
    4465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    8 days until we know the era of what we have to wait 5 months for.
  • Shadders_X
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

    And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
    Hi,
    I disagree, given that there are too many people already playing capture the flag, who don't play the objective. I can see your argument where both sides are at an equal disadvantage in determining where the flag is and how to defend or attack it.

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.

    If you examine the servers - you will see that all Lockers maps are permanently full - sometimes have double digits of people waiting. There are many threads complaining about that most people concentrate on Locker.

    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Are you trying to say that not enough people play objectives to bother with moving flags around? I can understand that pt of view.

    But you could have just come out and said that in the first place. Instead we got 10 posts and 30 paragraphs. :) (Ok to be fair English isn't your first language from the looks of it so I will cut your some slack.)


    However even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I am explaining my logic and evidence behind what i am stating - that is all, so that there is no ambiguity.

    Yes - despite there being people who do want to play the objective, there are too many people who will not play the objective, and the result is that one team is usually pinned to their spawn or the first flag outside their spawn.

    This will not change - DICE/EA have modified the gameplay, and people are playing it for a quick fix like CoD. So when people state they will have to be more strategic, think on their feet - the majority aren't thinking about capturing the flag, they just want to run and gun. The benefit of BF is big maps and vehicles.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I thought the point we were discussing was that people were to play the objective - that is, capture the flag. Its bad enough in BF4 with static flags, where random/dynamic flags will just reduce the strategic aspect of the game for more people - makes it more difficult.

    What you are indicating is that dynamic maps will change the dynamic of the battle - yes, i agree - will add something different, but will enforce the team death kill match approach. People will be more bothered about evading the opponents than deciding a strategy/tactic to capture the flag, as they will not know where the next opponent is coming from. A continued defence of oneself, as opposed to CTF.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more. And that randomized maps isn't going to turn objective players into non-objective players. And no one is talking about CTF.
    Hi,
    We get that on Locker with static flags. The times that people crowd one part of the map, or another part of the map at specific choke points, oblivious to the objective or any strategy. You could be the US side, but 95% of the team are onl Locker D, and A, B, and C are all opposition flags. It just becomes TDM.

    So a specific CTF map is ignored with regards to actually playing the map for what it is designed for.

    I think we were talking about CTF- or rather - that the majority of players just don't care about ojectives, and treat the game like TDM on CoD.

    Will be interesting to see if DICE/EA do implement, and what the outcome is.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »
    auto-regen is something that has really hurt the team play in BF games. nothing should have magic healing thats what medics and mechanics are for.
    Not buying that. BF3 has auto regen and you can't go 30 seconds without seeing a medkit.
    V2Face wrote: »
    Infantry players don’t have armor or immunity to weapon fire. Completely reasonable especially if no player wants to heal you for some reason. All good tankers will do in BF4 is hide and wait until they fully regenerate health then going back to getting kills making them pretty much untouchable. BF1 got tanking right, repair tool is it’s lifeline and there are no other ways to restore its health other then emergency repair.
    Vehicles aren't immune to "weapon fire" either. They can be damaged by RPGs, SMAWs, SRAWs, etc... If they are hiding so far from the action that they cannot be hit by anything they have effectively been taken out of the battle which is the whole point of shooting them. Want to kill them? Don't let them get away.

    Good vehicle players don't play like that anyway unless they are forced to because the trick to being good is to not end up in that situation.
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Auto heal is something really bad and it comes from COD. People would have to play more as a team if it would go away.
    Codwins law?
  • Shadders_X
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

    And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
    Hi,
    I disagree, given that there are too many people already playing capture the flag, who don't play the objective. I can see your argument where both sides are at an equal disadvantage in determining where the flag is and how to defend or attack it.

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.

    If you examine the servers - you will see that all Lockers maps are permanently full - sometimes have double digits of people waiting. There are many threads complaining about that most people concentrate on Locker.

    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Are you trying to say that not enough people play objectives to bother with moving flags around? I can understand that pt of view.

    But you could have just come out and said that in the first place. Instead we got 10 posts and 30 paragraphs. :) (Ok to be fair English isn't your first language from the looks of it so I will cut your some slack.)


    However even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I am explaining my logic and evidence behind what i am stating - that is all, so that there is no ambiguity.

    Yes - despite there being people who do want to play the objective, there are too many people who will not play the objective, and the result is that one team is usually pinned to their spawn or the first flag outside their spawn.

    This will not change - DICE/EA have modified the gameplay, and people are playing it for a quick fix like CoD. So when people state they will have to be more strategic, think on their feet - the majority aren't thinking about capturing the flag, they just want to run and gun. The benefit of BF is big maps and vehicles.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.

    Exactly.... he doesn't get it though. He is also making judgements based off of one map from a 5 year old game. Really not a data driven approach.
    Hi,
    This is not about the map, but about the players. If you are indicating that people who play BF4, and a specific map (Locker) do not represent in any way, other people who play BF1 or BFH, then ok.

    One issue with your approach - can you please provide the evidence (data) which supports your theory/statement.

    Thanks and regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • trip1ex
    4465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

    And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
    Hi,
    I disagree, given that there are too many people already playing capture the flag, who don't play the objective. I can see your argument where both sides are at an equal disadvantage in determining where the flag is and how to defend or attack it.

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.

    If you examine the servers - you will see that all Lockers maps are permanently full - sometimes have double digits of people waiting. There are many threads complaining about that most people concentrate on Locker.

    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Are you trying to say that not enough people play objectives to bother with moving flags around? I can understand that pt of view.

    But you could have just come out and said that in the first place. Instead we got 10 posts and 30 paragraphs. :) (Ok to be fair English isn't your first language from the looks of it so I will cut your some slack.)


    However even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I am explaining my logic and evidence behind what i am stating - that is all, so that there is no ambiguity.

    Yes - despite there being people who do want to play the objective, there are too many people who will not play the objective, and the result is that one team is usually pinned to their spawn or the first flag outside their spawn.

    This will not change - DICE/EA have modified the gameplay, and people are playing it for a quick fix like CoD. So when people state they will have to be more strategic, think on their feet - the majority aren't thinking about capturing the flag, they just want to run and gun. The benefit of BF is big maps and vehicles.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I thought the point we were discussing was that people were to play the objective - that is, capture the flag. Its bad enough in BF4 with static flags, where random/dynamic flags will just reduce the strategic aspect of the game for more people - makes it more difficult.

    What you are indicating is that dynamic maps will change the dynamic of the battle - yes, i agree - will add something different, but will enforce the team death kill match approach. People will be more bothered about evading the opponents than deciding a strategy/tactic to capture the flag, as they will not know where the next opponent is coming from. A continued defence of oneself, as opposed to CTF.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more. And that randomized maps isn't going to turn objective players into non-objective players. And no one is talking about CTF.
    Hi,
    We get that on Locker with static flags. The times that people crowd one part of the map, or another part of the map at specific choke points, oblivious to the objective or any strategy. You could be the US side, but 95% of the team are onl Locker D, and A, B, and C are all opposition flags. It just becomes TDM.

    So a specific CTF map is ignored with regards to actually playing the map for what it is designed for.

    I think we were talking about CTF- or rather - that the majority of players just don't care about ojectives, and treat the game like TDM on CoD.

    Will be interesting to see if DICE/EA do implement, and what the outcome is.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    lol. You're just rambling on in broken English.
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @Shadders and friends.

    Can ya'll stop quoting about 700 layers of conversation? Thanks.
  • trip1ex
    4465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    lol yeah the guy is just rambling on in broken english. I feel like I'm on candid camera. Or being punked. lol.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

    But if the same map comes up again it will be

    lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

    The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

    But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

    And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
    Hi,
    I disagree, given that there are too many people already playing capture the flag, who don't play the objective. I can see your argument where both sides are at an equal disadvantage in determining where the flag is and how to defend or attack it.

    If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.

    If you examine the servers - you will see that all Lockers maps are permanently full - sometimes have double digits of people waiting. There are many threads complaining about that most people concentrate on Locker.

    If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Are you trying to say that not enough people play objectives to bother with moving flags around? I can understand that pt of view.

    But you could have just come out and said that in the first place. Instead we got 10 posts and 30 paragraphs. :) (Ok to be fair English isn't your first language from the looks of it so I will cut your some slack.)


    However even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.
    Hi,
    I am explaining my logic and evidence behind what i am stating - that is all, so that there is no ambiguity.

    Yes - despite there being people who do want to play the objective, there are too many people who will not play the objective, and the result is that one team is usually pinned to their spawn or the first flag outside their spawn.

    This will not change - DICE/EA have modified the gameplay, and people are playing it for a quick fix like CoD. So when people state they will have to be more strategic, think on their feet - the majority aren't thinking about capturing the flag, they just want to run and gun. The benefit of BF is big maps and vehicles.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.

    Exactly.... he doesn't get it though. He is also making judgements based off of one map from a 5 year old game. Really not a data driven approach.
    Hi,
    This is not about the map, but about the players. If you are indicating that people who play BF4, and a specific map (Locker) do not represent in any way, other people who play BF1 or BFH, then ok.

    One issue with your approach - can you please provide the evidence (data) which supports your theory/statement.

    Thanks and regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Just look at symtic...data is there on this subject.

    Also judgement on a game based on one map is not a data driven approach. It's like judging McDonadls range of food based on only eating a plain cheeseburger for 1 year.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,


    STAHP

    Regards
    EA_Stahp
  • Jayremie570
    1605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Another thing no one mentions is the $50 price. At least here in the state's games haven't had a hike from that point in quite some time.

    The quality generally has steadily improved while the entry point remains the same for most AAA titles. $15 for a decent DLC like we've received here is reasonable. If we go away from a paid DLC model it will be replaced solely by cosmetics. I don't know about half of you but I play for fun not for dress up.

    Let's just say you get neither

    *cough SWBF2 cough*

    It's too bad with starwars. Love that game also, so much potential but they're dribbling out skins and it's just not enough to sustain a base.
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Another thing no one mentions is the $50 price. At least here in the state's games haven't had a hike from that point in quite some time.

    The quality generally has steadily improved while the entry point remains the same for most AAA titles. $15 for a decent DLC like we've received here is reasonable. If we go away from a paid DLC model it will be replaced solely by cosmetics. I don't know about half of you but I play for fun not for dress up.
    Yup, the base price not increasing is the problem all of these strategies are trying to solve. Raise the price of the base game.

    I would be fine with a base price increase if it ment they didn't all shift towards this model. I fear it's a bit too late. You watch, we'll get an price increase and a DLC model based on cosmetics. The days of making a good game and selling it based on those merits are ending.

    Fortnite is proving you can give a mediocre game away and offer tons of dress up and get paid. Really speaks to what the masses really value.
  • GrizzGolf
    841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why cant it be end of WW2 and KW?
  • GrizzGolf
    841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    68Keif wrote: »
    Hi,


    STAHP

    Regards
    EA_Stahp

    I don't get it
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • Shadders_X
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »

    Hi,
    This is not about the map, but about the players. If you are indicating that people who play BF4, and a specific map (Locker) do not represent in any way, other people who play BF1 or BFH, then ok.

    One issue with your approach - can you please provide the evidence (data) which supports your theory/statement.

    Thanks and regards,
    Shadders_X.

    Just look at symtic...data is there on this subject.

    Also judgement on a game based on one map is not a data driven approach. It's like judging McDonadls range of food based on only eating a plain cheeseburger for 1 year.
    Hi,
    Looked at symthic - has no information on who plays which map, and what type of gameplay they exhibit. Can you explain how the stats indicate how people play on BF4 Locker, and are therefore different to all other players. Thanks.

    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!