This Game is Ruined....

HugoStiglitz165
10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited May 2018
What happened to this game? I bought this game when it first game out and played it non-stop. There was a certain mechanic with the game...a balance among the different classes... it was soooo much fun and each class had their own little niche. Over the past year they have completely changed how each weapon works, LMGs are practically useless now, the medic class weapons are pretty much unstoppable, they've removed rooftop access on some of the maps, and the game in general just doesn't have the same feel at all.

They've nerfed and buffed so many weapons multiple times and the game is completely different. It's like I bought Battlefield Modern Warfare 2 and now the game turned into Battlefield Ghosts...... Battlefield 4 is still excellent, why the hell did they do this to Battlefield 1? I literally cannot play this game anymore..... it's completely different and such an unbelievable disappointment....

Comments

• DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll answer a question with a question.

Should every game be like it's previous iteration?

Answer is, NO.
  • VindictiV_V
    1345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LMGs are practically useless now, the medic class weapons are pretty much unstoppable,

LOL. LMGs got the best buff of all weapons with TTK2.0 patch. Yes they are slower to ADS now but they aren't meant to be used on the fly like SMGs are. Play methodical (ADS BEFORE going around a corner for example, or use trench variants + hipfire and use your bipod effectively) and you'll be a monster. LMGs' general TTK was incredibly buffed so, with their bs lazer beam accuracy when bipodded, LMGs allow you to mow down people with the least effort/skill required of any bf title.

The only thing SLRs got was an accuracy buff and damage drop off buff (so they retain their TTK at further ranges). The accuracy buff was in the reduction (by half) of SLRs' spread increase per shot so it allows them to remain somewhat accurate at (a bit) higher RPMs closer to their listed RoF instead of having to slow down by like 1/3 from your SLR's listed max RoF to not have the spread make you miss every single shot.

Pretty silly you complain about SLRs when the meta HEAVILY favors high RoF automatic weaponry.

• HugoStiglitz165
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Answer is, NO.

ok??? you buy a game, play the game, and get a certain experience..... then the developers decide to change the game quite significantly within a short period of time......

i cannot explain how bf1 used to be... but it was something completely different than what it is now. i feel like i'm playing a completely different game
  • HugoStiglitz165
    LMGs are practically useless now, the medic class weapons are pretty much unstoppable,

LOL. LMGs got the best buff of all weapons with TTK2.0 patch. Yes they are slower to ADS now but they aren't meant to be used on the fly like SMGs are. Play methodical (ADS BEFORE going around a corner for example, or use trench variants + hipfire and use your bipod effectively) and you'll be a monster. LMGs' general TTK was incredibly buffed so, with their bs lazer beam accuracy when bipodded, LMGs allow you to mow down people with the least effort/skill required of any bf title.

The only thing SLRs got was an accuracy buff and damage drop off buff (so they retain their TTK at further ranges). The accuracy buff was in the reduction (by half) of SLRs' spread increase per shot so it allows them to remain somewhat accurate at (a bit) higher RPMs closer to their listed RoF instead of having to slow down by like 1/3 from your SLR's listed max RoF to not have the spread make you miss every single shot.

Pretty silly you complain about SLRs when the meta HEAVILY favors high RoF automatic weaponry.

what??? LMGs used to be sooooo significant.... i can't even believe you think they got buffed. the accuracy is complete **** compared to what it used to be... in terms of auto weapons, u had the few SMGs and the LMGs... the BAR particularly (among others) before, compared to now, is not even comparable as a weapon.. it's like they introduced a new gun.

the game is completely different. the meta is different. the changes happened within such a short time period and i feel like i'm playing a completely different game

for reference, i used to be within the top 1% of rifle, pistol, smg, and self loading rifle..... the game has completely changed
  • bunkaboocho
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LOL. LMGs got the best buff of all weapons with TTK2.0 patch

playing support without camping bipod, they got nothing but nerfed ... i played mainly supprt before the patch and now stopped it completly.
    longrange i am at big disantvantage due to recoil and accuracy changes they made for nonbipoded,
    closerange i also suffer from increased recoil and ads time.
    slightly more damage per bullet means nothing if your bullets are not hitting.

yes, i got killed sometimes by support after patch, 9 of 10 times theye were laying in corners and camping doors with bipods.
    not my style ... i tried trench variants, but there are only bar and madsen trench for support and the bar sux still for its recoil.

for me the whole game changed drastically with ttk 2.0 to the worse ... tried medic a little while but that was no fun ether.
    already uninstalled ... but still missing the time before ttk 2.0
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ttk changed the game for the better
  • Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    68Keif wrote: »
    Ttk changed the game for the better

Changed my life for the better. Birds sing more, weather is better, got a pay raise...I'm just playing. None of that happened.
  • zombifiedstalker
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Answer is, NO.

Yes, but I think THAT'S the point that he's trying to make. The game DID feel different to its predecessor. If anything, the changes have made it feel more like the other ones.

Having said that though, I wouldn't say that it's now unplayable, literally or otherwise. But I would say that the pace now doesn't quite fit the setting. Just my opinion.. :smile:
  • ironfist235
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ah yes how bf1 used to be...with auto aim infantry snipers and the hellriegal destroyer those were the days....lololol
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    LMG's are more unique now, made to fire prone with a bipod. They are not just high-capacity assault rifles anymore. Which contradicts OP's point.

That said, I don't like it. I like to be agressive with every type of gun.

Medic weapons are still hilariously weak imho, I rarely get killed more than once by the same medic in a round (unless the Fedorov perhaps). Not sure what you're on. The medic class is useful, but the weapons are a joke.
  • SongToRememberPS
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think op has valid point. Multiplayer gameplay has been step by step pretty much completely remade since game launch. Loads of unbroken stuff is "repaired" and changed.

This would be ok if changes like this were made during beta or soon after launch but it never is in such late state. I think main reason is bringing new players to franchise and keep older players coming back. There is always "reason" to check back if something frustrating is changed or anything new added. Just like medals. People get used to checking back and are more likely to have interest in next battlefield game or even buying battlepacks for money.
  • Jayremie570
    1592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game is dope af OP. Don't know what you're talking about.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1741 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Answer is, NO.

Cmon man, no.. It should be similar enough to itself tho..
  • V2Face
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What happened to this game? I bought this game when it first game out and played it non-stop. There was a certain mechanic with the game...a balance among the different classes... it was soooo much fun and each class had their own little niche. Over the past year they have completely changed how each weapon works, LMGs are practically useless now, the medic class weapons are pretty much unstoppable, they've removed rooftop access on some of the maps, and the game in general just doesn't have the same feel at all.

They've nerfed and buffed so many weapons multiple times and the game is completely different. It's like I bought Battlefield Modern Warfare 2 and now the game turned into Battlefield Ghosts...... Battlefield 4 is still excellent, why the hell did they do this to Battlefield 1? I literally cannot play this game anymore..... it's completely different and such an unbelievable disappointment....

You are mad that you can’t be that useless player that sits on the rooftop anymore to get those cheesy kills?
  • HardAimedKid
    11385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »

You are mad that you can’t be that useless player that sits on the rooftop anymore to get those cheesy kills?

What about it? Fight me!
  • TEKNOCODE
    10708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What about it? Fight me!
    I can’t reach down that low. :trollface:
  • HugoStiglitz165

You are mad that you were getting destroyed by said players?

You are mad that you got completely destroyed by said players lol

That was only one point, and to be honest a rather minimal one. This game simply does not feel like it used to... I feel like I'm playing a completely different game.
  • HugoStiglitz165
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    LMG's are more unique now, made to fire prone with a bipod. They are not just high-capacity assault rifles anymore. Which contradicts OP's point.

Medic weapons are still hilariously weak imho, I rarely get killed more than once by the same medic in a round (unless the Fedorov perhaps). Not sure what you're on. The medic class is useful, but the weapons are a joke.

I completely disagree.. the self-loading rifles are extremely good. They were excellent in the beginning of the game's release, but at least there was some competition with the assault and support classes. Now that the auto weapons have been nerfed, I feel like it's just all too easy to rack up kills as a medic
  • SirSpectacle
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Auto weapons ... nerfed? You on drugs bro?
  • WetFishDB
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »

I’m way to aggressive myself, but completely disagree about medic weapons. For me they are the best all round guns and regularly do well with them. Finally got the Howell to 100 stars and love using it. The AL.25 Extended is a beast in close quarters, and the Federov isn’t bad either.

If you aren’t being killed more than once by a medic in a match you’ve been extremely fortunate (or unobservant).