This Game is Ruined....

Comments

• HugoStiglitz165
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Auto weapons ... nerfed? You on drugs bro?

....did you play the game when it first came out and/or before these updates?
  • bran1986
    4066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    LMG's are more unique now, made to fire prone with a bipod. They are not just high-capacity assault rifles anymore. Which contradicts OP's point.

That said, I don't like it. I like to be agressive with every type of gun.

Medic weapons are still hilariously weak imho, I rarely get killed more than once by the same medic in a round (unless the Fedorov perhaps). Not sure what you're on. The medic class is useful, but the weapons are a joke.

I completely disagree.. the self-loading rifles are extremely good. They were excellent in the beginning of the game's release, but at least there was some competition with the assault and support classes. Now that the auto weapons have been nerfed, I feel like it's just all too easy to rack up kills as a medic

giphy-downsized-large.gif
  • HardAimedKid
    10654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    V2Face wrote: »
    What happened to this game? I bought this game when it first game out and played it non-stop. There was a certain mechanic with the game...a balance among the different classes... it was soooo much fun and each class had their own little niche. Over the past year they have completely changed how each weapon works, LMGs are practically useless now, the medic class weapons are pretty much unstoppable, they've removed rooftop access on some of the maps, and the game in general just doesn't have the same feel at all.

They've nerfed and buffed so many weapons multiple times and the game is completely different. It's like I bought Battlefield Modern Warfare 2 and now the game turned into Battlefield Ghosts...... Battlefield 4 is still excellent, why the hell did they do this to Battlefield 1? I literally cannot play this game anymore..... it's completely different and such an unbelievable disappointment....

You are mad that you can’t be that useless player that sits on the rooftop anymore to get those cheesy kills?

What about it? Fight me!
    I can’t reach down that low. :trollface:
    That's below the belt
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the games just getting much harder. Less players, those that remain are the hardcore BF clan, everyone's being playing the game longer. A year ago I remember you very clearly got hard lobbies and easy lobbies, now you just get hard lobbies. The balancer is terrible, you stomp or get stomped. If you're the stompee there isn't much you can do. If you're the stomper you throw caution to the wind and charge around like Rambo, or you play tactical and get a 5-1 or something.
    Personally I'm just waiting for a better game to come out, trouble is only BF2018 and Sandstorm interest me atm. I'll stick with BF1 for a while, I think this dying off period is making me a much better fps player even though I'm getting battered quite a lot.
  • HugoStiglitz165
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think the games just getting much harder. Less players, those that remain are the hardcore BF clan, everyone's being playing the game longer. A year ago I remember you very clearly got hard lobbies and easy lobbies, now you just get hard lobbies. The balancer is terrible, you stomp or get stomped. If you're the stompee there isn't much you can do. If you're the stomper you throw caution to the wind and charge around like Rambo, or you play tactical and get a 5-1 or something.
    Personally I'm just waiting for a better game to come out, trouble is only BF2018 and Sandstorm interest me atm. I'll stick with BF1 for a while, I think this dying off period is making me a much better fps player even though I'm getting battered quite a lot.

I don't really think the game is getting harder, but I do feel like the meta has drastically changed. This game 1 year ago felt completely different than what it is now. I don't know if it has any correlation, but I feel like there's been a surge with Battlefield 4. It seems like there's a lot more players and active servers now.

A year ago I was all over this game... It was like my go-to FPS (behind CSGO) and I played it almost every day. Now with these changes, I simply don't have any interest to play it anymore and BF4 has replaced it once again.
  • V2Face
    2534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What happened to this game? I bought this game when it first game out and played it non-stop. There was a certain mechanic with the game...a balance among the different classes... it was soooo much fun and each class had their own little niche. Over the past year they have completely changed how each weapon works, LMGs are practically useless now, the medic class weapons are pretty much unstoppable, they've removed rooftop access on some of the maps, and the game in general just doesn't have the same feel at all.

They've nerfed and buffed so many weapons multiple times and the game is completely different. It's like I bought Battlefield Modern Warfare 2 and now the game turned into Battlefield Ghosts...... Battlefield 4 is still excellent, why the hell did they do this to Battlefield 1? I literally cannot play this game anymore..... it's completely different and such an unbelievable disappointment....

You are mad that you can’t be that useless player that sits on the rooftop anymore to get those cheesy kills?

You are mad that you were getting destroyed by said players?

You are mad that you got completely destroyed by said players lol

That was only one point, and to be honest a rather minimal one. This game simply does not feel like it used to... I feel like I'm playing a completely different game.

Never that...nice try though the patch made it so the dim players who bail out of perfectly useful planes can’t be useless all match. Attempting to farm kills when it’s very easy to kill stationary targets from below. Your other points are mute, LMGS are better now with TTK 2.0 you can’t ads at the same speed as medics or scouts but bipod makes them a force to be reckoned with. SLRS have had an accuracy and damage buff but you still need to aim to secure kills and with suppression it’s definitely doesn’t make them as “unstoppable” as you claim.
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

What about it? Fight me!
    I can’t reach down that low. :trollface:

Huehuehuehuehue
  • HugoStiglitz165
    edited May 16

That was only one point, and to be honest a rather minimal one. This game simply does not feel like it used to... I feel like I'm playing a completely different game.

Never that...nice try though the patch made it so the dim players who bail out of perfectly useful planes can’t be useless all match. Attempting to farm kills when it’s very easy to kill stationary targets from below. Your other points are mute, LMGS are better now with TTK 2.0 you can’t ads at the same speed as medics or scouts but bipod makes them a force to be reckoned with. SLRS have had an accuracy and damage buff but you still need to aim to secure kills and with suppression it’s definitely doesn’t make them as “unstoppable” as you claim.[/quote]

First of all, i only play TDM. Planes and vehicles mean nothing to me.

LMGs are useless now... if you played the game before the patches, you would realize that they were actually decent weapons with a lot of potential. Now they practically can't be used without a bipod and I'm sure you noticed that there's a lot less players using them. At medium ranges people tend to be using medic and scout classes now.

No offense but if you can't see how dominating the self-loading rifles are, then you clearly don't know how to use them.

Edit: I dunno what i did, but the quote thing screwed up lol
  • 68Keif
    4572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • Alphazetamu
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So, if I understand, OP's main complaint is that it's changed a lot. I would agree that a lot has changed, and not for the better. There were a few improvements over time, like reducing the effectiveness of the 10A hunter, but overall most of these issues were sorted about a year ago. Since then, I can't really think of any positive change to gameplay in the last 6 months. I think ttk 2.0 has overall broken a fair number of gamemodes like operations, by heavily giving advantage to the defenders (they were always advantaged, but not nearly as much as now it seems to me). It was clear that the lmgs needed a small buff, but the complete redesign wasn't necessary.

All in all, I was heavily disappointed by the last few months of bf1. I'm just hoping the next game will take a different approach.

• HugoStiglitz165
    So, if I understand, OP's main complaint is that it's changed a lot. I would agree that a lot has changed, and not for the better. There were a few improvements over time, like reducing the effectiveness of the 10A hunter, but overall most of these issues were sorted about a year ago. Since then, I can't really think of any positive change to gameplay in the last 6 months. I think ttk 2.0 has overall broken a fair number of gamemodes like operations, by heavily giving advantage to the defenders (they were always advantaged, but not nearly as much as now it seems to me). It was clear that the lmgs needed a small buff, but the complete redesign wasn't necessary.

All in all, I was heavily disappointed by the last few months of bf1. I'm just hoping the next game will take a different approach.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. I also agree with the adjustment to the Hunter shotgun, that thing was ridiculous in the beginning haha
  • V2Face
    2534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Never that...nice try though the patch made it so the dim players who bail out of perfectly useful planes can’t be useless all match. Attempting to farm kills when it’s very easy to kill stationary targets from below. Your other points are mute, LMGS are better now with TTK 2.0 you can’t ads at the same speed as medics or scouts but bipod makes them a force to be reckoned with. SLRS have had an accuracy and damage buff but you still need to aim to secure kills and with suppression it’s definitely doesn’t make them as “unstoppable” as you claim.[/quote]

First of all, i only play TDM. Planes and vehicles mean nothing to me.

LMGs are useless now... if you played the game before the patches, you would realize that they were actually decent weapons with a lot of potential. Now they practically can't be used without a bipod and I'm sure you noticed that there's a lot less players using them. At medium ranges people tend to be using medic and scout classes now.

No offense but if you can't see how dominating the self-loading rifles are, then you clearly don't know how to use them.

Edit: I dunno what i did, but the quote thing screwed up lol[/quote]

Meh I have adjusted with the patch so much so that I don’t notice the difference my stats are a million times better as well. For a lot of players TTK 2.0 killed the game but in my opinion made it a tad bit better though it was an unnecessary change, you have to readjust and you will eventually get better with LMGs they are not the same run and gun weapons they used to be you have to play smarter then assault players.

Seeing as you only play TDM you know that the game mode truly only favors assault players and playing any other class puts you at a disadvantage. Medics can do well in the mode but I have never seen them dominate, the Farquhar hill and the Federov are the only weapons I see being used after the patch.
  • JTRIV1461
    49 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I agree that the game has been ruined. I've got 959 hours in BF1, but I bet 30 or less hours since the February patch, and this is the only game I play. I played a lot of scout on the Russian DLC and scout changed dramatically. I used to be a big Assault class player and destroy tanks with AT Mines but they screwed them up royally even though no one was complaining. Most games there is a guy in an airplane farming kills. I saw a guy in 2 games go 53-0 then 46-1. His team lost both games so he wasn't contributing. The whole feel of BF1 changed during 2018 and not for the better.

Attack me for whining if you want, I just feel like this game started out so fun and since the initial release the updates seem to make it less enjoyable. And I find it strange that changes that make such a dramatic impact on the game were done more than a year after release.

• HugoStiglitz165
    JTRIV1461 wrote: »

I agree that the game has been ruined. I've got 959 hours in BF1, but I bet 30 or less hours since the February patch, and this is the only game I play. I played a lot of scout on the Russian DLC and scout changed dramatically. I used to be a big Assault class player and destroy tanks with AT Mines but they screwed them up royally even though no one was complaining. Most games there is a guy in an airplane farming kills. I saw a guy in 2 games go 53-0 then 46-1. His team lost both games so he wasn't contributing. The whole feel of BF1 changed during 2018 and not for the better.

Attack me for whining if you want, I just feel like this game started out so fun and since the initial release the updates seem to make it less enjoyable. And I find it strange that changes that make such a dramatic impact on the game were done more than a year after release.

Amen brother, I feel the exact same way. I don't really play the Conquest games anymore, but I fully agree with what you're saying.
  • DrakeCasanova
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 16
    LMGs are not useless now, but you need to change the way you play with them. You cant go toe to toe with assault players anymore, sorry. That part of the game has definitely changed. You are right that the game does feel different but i think thats a good thing. I doubt i'd still be playing it if it hadnt changed from October 2016.

• shaunlake1344

I don't really think the game is getting harder, but I do feel like the meta has drastically changed. This game 1 year ago felt completely different than what it is now. I don't know if it has any correlation, but I feel like there's been a surge with Battlefield 4. It seems like there's a lot more players and active servers now.

A year ago I was all over this game... It was like my go-to FPS (behind CSGO) and I played it almost every day. Now with these changes, I simply don't have any interest to play it anymore and BF4 has replaced it once again.

Yes I agree however I also think the playbase has contributed. Are there many people playing BF4? How do the numbers compare to BF1? I've never played BF4.
  • HugoStiglitz165

Yes I agree however I also think the playbase has contributed. Are there many people playing BF4? How do the numbers compare to BF1? I've never played BF4.

I don't know the numbers, but I don't have any issues finding good servers on BF4. It's a great game... you should give it a try!
  • trip1ex
    3503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Don’t ADS with Support up close. And when you ADS, Begin shooting after you ADS. That screwed me up for awhile.

But really just go prone or find a ledge to shoot from as all the Support guns are super lasers now. It is sort of boring to play and feels a bit cheap given how where’s Waldo this game is but you can rack up lots of kills and at insane distances.
  • shaunlake1344
    Tempting...
  • StingrayX
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You can mainly blame the YouTube and Twitch streamers. While they play the game, they offer these ideas that Battlefield pretty much has to "fix", or else the streamers will switch to a new game, making the player base of Battlefield lower, meaning less profits.