Battlefield 2018

Comments

• CrazyGI1998
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hear a lot of people saying Vietnam. I, for one, would absolutely love a Vietnam War Battlefield. However, I would be just as excited for WWII, and WWII does seem more likely simply because it makes more sense chronologically. Either way, it’ll be good. As long as it’s not futuristic.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s gonna be a mixture of hardline, 1, and 4
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12356 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Now I have a feeling it will be modern....

Up until this evening I was convinced it would be WW2 considering the V in the new title.

As in "V for Victory" ( Relating to Winston Churchill during world war 2 ), Which kinda made sense too if you consider the only logical next step would be to go from WW1 to WW2.

But it's since been said on twitter it is likely V for 5.
  • PhonB80
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Now I have a feeling it will be modern.... dammit....

If it's modern, how will war stories work? What does the horse have to do with modern settings? Where will the game take place?

I'm kinda confused... was expecting WW2 or Vietnam until that tweet above stated that it's actually 5.... Plus from looking at the background, it reminded me of the Battlefield 4 teaser trailers and themes.

To me, if it was just "five", it would have been called Battlefield 5. There is a dual meaning there, and I am not sold Churchill's V for Victory is a big enough reason to dual name your game Battlefield V. I think we are getting a Vietnam title which I would be SO stoked about. WWII is going to feel just like WWI.
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You know when the game is going to be crap when you need celebrities to promote your game. A good game should only speak for itself.. Another let down. RIP Battlefield.

Can someone please find me a link to any page that shows Trevor Noah in the FPS gaming scene? lol
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You know when the game is going to be crap when you need celebrities to promote your game. A good game should only speak for itself.. Another let down. RIP Battlefield.

Can someone please find me a link to any page that shows Trevor Noah in the FPS gaming scene? lol

Wow. Already with the negativity and don’t even know what’s coming. I can’t even anymore.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PhonB80 wrote: »
    Now I have a feeling it will be modern.... dammit....

If it's modern, how will war stories work? What does the horse have to do with modern settings? Where will the game take place?

I'm kinda confused... was expecting WW2 or Vietnam until that tweet above stated that it's actually 5.... Plus from looking at the background, it reminded me of the Battlefield 4 teaser trailers and themes.

To me, if it was just "five", it would have been called Battlefield 5. There is a dual meaning there, and I am not sold Churchill's V for Victory is a big enough reason to dual name your game Battlefield V. I think we are getting a Vietnam title which I would be SO stoked about. WWII is going to feel just like WWI.

Yeah the V really has something to do with it since they Battlefield hasn't used roman numerals yet.

One thing I noticed in the Easter Egg is that water painting has a white horse with a short tail. Typically short tails (or Banging of the Tail) where common in Europe. So maybe it is a hint to WW2.

But then again you do have horses used in the Korean war....not to mention the battle of White horse hill.

Oh the possibilities!
  • ProAssassin2003
    3041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling it might be Multiple Eras. Hence Battlefield "Will never be the same"
  • ProAssassin2003
    3041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    [inappropriate]
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12356 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @ProAssassin2003
    That's not appropriate, So please don't post anything like that again.
  • ProAssassin2003
    @ProAssassin2003

Whatever.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @ProAssassin2003

Whatever.

Cool.

Glad we're on the same page.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    68Keif wrote: »

Wow. Already with the negativity and don’t even know what’s coming. I can’t even anymore.

I said the same thing bro.
    I just want to be a USSR soldier with my comrades already
  • Fleetwood1987
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BFV:WW III
  • trip1ex
    4561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    watch the bf1 reveal on the youtube for what to expect with the bfv reveal. they didn't elaborate on anything in the trailer. they had trouble confirming you could even ride horses. :)

so the trailer with the bullshot graphics is the only thing we'll get. The discussion part will just be hype about immersion and intensity and dynamic gameplay etc.

interesting aspects of the bf1 reveal discussion to me, looking back in hindsight was a) they hyped the party system and yet it's still borked to this day and b) they mentioned how ww1 tanks were built to break thru frontlines and yet I feel that what has happened is too often the tanks aren't used in that way in bf1. They are used to camp and take potshots from distance.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling it might be Multiple Eras. Hence Battlefield "Will never be the same"

Maybe time travel.....alter the past
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pls gib servers and a proper rsp system and admin tools go back to old skool.
  • Vespervin
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want the game to be either WWII or set between Battlefield 4's Final Stand and Battlefield 2142.
  • 68Keif
    68Keif wrote: »

I said the same thing bro.
    I just want to be a USSR soldier with my comrades already

I just wanna shoot stuff. Pew pew pew!!!!!!! :D
  • 68Keif
    xenome111 wrote: »
    Pls gib servers and a proper rsp system and admin tools go back to old skool.

Maybe
This discussion has been closed.