Sportsmanship & Manners

Comments

• olavafar
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ... on the ez part. I mostly print ez if I enter a team and win the round without doing anything. In my book this is as 'ez' as it gets. It is just fact not an insult.
  • FlashFlareFTW
    4086 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People prove themselves mental midgets typing gg ez, which are mutually exclusive.
  • Narfiam
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    ... on the ez part. I mostly print ez if I enter a team and win the round without doing anything. In my book this is as 'ez' as it gets. It is just fact not an insult.
    But it is disrespectful and a mockery to the opposing team, and many times the game is won due to teams umbalanced.
    Also many people say "ez" at the end even if they won after losing two battalions and only 50 soldiers remaining in the last battallion on the first map in Operations.
    That "word" has become a mantra when winning a game just to annoy the opponents without considering the circumstances of the victory.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Some right sensitive souls in here :lol:
  • NLBartmaN
    700 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    One serious advantage from moving from PC to PS4: NO chat :smiley:
  • GoofyMC123
    1070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    When you kill an enemy player, the greatest symbol of showing respect is to do some rapid crouching moves. Think of it as a respectful bow.

I respectfully bowed multiple times over the body of an enemy who tried to bayonet me last night....... it was my way of saying "unlucky my friend, i respect your efforts though" :)
  • Imabaka70
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    When you kill an enemy player, the greatest symbol of showing respect is to do some rapid crouching moves. Think of it as a respectful bow.

I respectfully bowed multiple times over the body of an enemy who tried to bayonet me last night....... it was my way of saying "unlucky my friend, i respect your efforts though" :)

I’ve had that happen then they goin to the next room and I get revived and go for round two lmao and usually get success
  • boutneus
    2150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 17
    I don’t mind the trash talking arguments I get into, since It can be fun doing banter. Gotta tone it down nowadays though, since psn gave me couple warnings (if you can’t take it, smash that report button, lol)
  • Imabaka70
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    I don’t mind the trash talking arguments I get into, since It can be fun doing banter. Gotta tone it down nowadays though, since psn gave me couple warnings (if you can’t take it, smash that report button, lol)

The only time i have reported someone was when they used the N word followed by a bunch of nonsense cussing
  • firechickenfan
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So I just need to say this.
    If you look at Ops original post, to me, I read it as OP is a tanker who camps in the deployment:

"Because i play Vehicles a lot i find myself both ingame and at the end of a game defending tankers who were playing their roles properly because some little kid at the other 30 people couldn't cap a base. Oh it must be the tankers fault, he should drive into a grenade pit that not even the infantry can survive. That will change everything. Instead of thanking the guy for helping out, he is abused. Especially if his K/D is flawless"

And that the hate mail is the people spamming him to get out of the deployment.

May be way off base, just how I read it.
  • boutneus
    2150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 17
    Tankers that lurk around the deployment/out of bounds area needlessly (full health) deserve all the hate they get
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 18
    SJW are invading Battlefield. I got called a misogynist by a woman after I went 64-0 in a plane today. She said I was ruining her experience.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They need to bring the chat box to console, the entertainment factor would be amazing.
  • DonSharkito
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They need to bring the chat box to console, the entertainment factor would be amazing.

Well, you will even have more morons than now that won't be playing properly given the time you need to write some stuff on console.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    @DonSharkito yes mate you are entirely correct, but I think it would be worth it in the long term.
    We could harvest potatoes on the battlefield and in the chat, and imagine the chat nonsense. Glorious.

• DonSharkito
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @DonSharkito yes mate you are entirely correct, but I think it would be worth it in the long term.
    We could harvest potatoes on the battlefield and in the chat, and imagine the chat nonsense. Glorious.

Yes I agree. But it should be linked to an app on your phone or you could use the keyboard for the chat, because it will disrupt too much the flow of the game.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    Yeah a phone app would be perfect. It’s of course just a pipe dream very unlikely to come to fruition, dice always trying to focus on gameplay and bugs instead of the important things...
  • Fruxen
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nowdays I just hide the chat and only look at it when I'm in the mood or typing gg after a close and balanced round. My gaming time is so much more relaxing now. :)
  • olavafar
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Narfiam wrote: »
    olavafar wrote: »
    But it is disrespectful and a mockery to the opposing team, and many times the game is won due to teams umbalanced.
    Also many people say "ez" at the end even if they won after losing two battalions and only 50 soldiers remaining in the last battallion on the first map in Operations.
    That "word" has become a mantra when winning a game just to annoy the opponents without considering the circumstances of the victory.

People that get upset by such a thing I think are a bit over sensitive. It will be quite clear from the score board that I have 0 kills 0 deaths and 0 points in this situation thus it is to be interpreted as a joke and nothing else. Most people get that but some people seems to look more or less actively for things that can offend them rather than just relax and have a good time. The 'ez' must be one of the mildest things in that chat even when put the to actually annoy someone. I've been called a lot worse things when I happen to do well for a change and I either find it amusing or I just ignore it as I often play with the chat hidden which generally is a good tip for sensitive persons.
  • OrionPherrit
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 18
    Switch to Xbox1 to avoid the toxic chat. :) Trash talking, trolling, teabagging, & the like are annoying but not limited to this game. The root of the decay is all of global society coarsening. Just look at FIFA where whole national teams get penalized for their loutish fans’ obnoxious behavior. It may be logical then that we elect some of the worst offenders to be our politicians. :|

I might complain to EA/Dice in hope of a sympathetic hearing, however this is the same company that placed the “too easy” emote into Battleaffront…

maxresdefault.jpg
    Post edited by OrionPherrit on