This Week in Battlefield V

Battlefield 2018

Comments

• trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    someone photoshop a Panzer into a screenshot on Amiens along with a BF109 flying overhead.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They basically admitted in the news release that Operations is returning and they fully admitted War Stories will be coming back in the single player of BFV.

V = Roman #5, V for Victory, V-E day, V-J day

Pretty easy to see that it’s a continuation of BF1 with WWII.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BoWinston wrote: »

V = Roman #5,
    Could be based during the Roman Empire.
  • meatfish
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's obvious really. V for Viking. We are going to be Norseman.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hell yeah, 2142 was so ahead of it's time!
  • StingrayX
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've been having many thoughts throughout the day. First I was thinking it's just a code name and they will reveal Bad Company 3 (high hopes for that). The Twitter bio does say that drug use is going to be in the reveal trailer, and we know how the company was included in chemical warfare. Then I was thinking, maybe it will be Battlefield V ietnam? That would be welcomed back from the community since I remember it being a hit with BF: Vietnam and Bad Company 2: Vietnam. They could also go the traditional route and make it modern like BF4. The last theory I have is that it's just called Battlefield V, but is set in the WW2 era. Lots of possibilities with this one. =D
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looks as if Battlefield V has a chance against cod...maybe I'll let you you guys think for yourselfs

• GrizzGolf
    987 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't want WW2 but I guess I'm ready. Its coming. Less than a week.
  • GrizzGolf
    987 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want this BF to be in the future so bad!
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd be shocked if it isn't ww2.
  • PhantomDJ
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just hope they get the UI working smoothly. jeez, you'd think that would be super easy to do compared to the complexities of 3d worlds.
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    WW2 is what I really want, multiple eras would be cool and something me and my brother have been talking about. Maybe have a French soldier fighting during the onset of WW2, follow his son fighting in the First Indochina War. You could do something similar with a Chinese soldier with the invasion of Manchuria and then do something with the Korean War. I really don't want a modern title, if it's modern I will probably sit out for this title and stick to BF1.
  • jesper251
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think they should do a mode like Battle Royale. Maybe not the same but similar. Lives mean nothing in the current game play which means people just run around randomly without a care in the world. The thing I love about battle royale games is that lives actually mean something (even if its only a little bit). @HawkeyeAM47 I love the idea, They can keep the conquest and other modes as well but include a more realistic game mode. Bullets do realistic damage, non-regenerative health, only one life etc. I would absolutely love it. I just hate in the current modes where you might tag someone 99 damage and they can just sit in a safe spot for what seems like seconds to regen full health. what if... what if in this game mode if you got killed you couldn't play that game mode for an hour or maybe even 24 hours? then people would value their lives.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Map Voting is cancer.

Stating that map voting is cancer is cancer....
  • WHISPonPCin480P
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here are my thoughts:

It'll be Vietnam...
    Why? Imagine DICE/EA sitting in a conference room trying to think of their next title. Obviously, the V dilemma was purposeful - I think we can agree on that. So there are 3 main situations I think of: V for Vietnam, V for 5, and V for V-Day.

If the setting was modern, I feel there's not a compelling enough reason to hype up the 'V'. Just call it BF5 and the speculation would still be in full force. There'd be no need for Roman numerals. In addition, everything in the blog post points away from a modern setting - including War Stories, but having to make them up (or at least retell recent events) seems counter-intuitive.

So I feel modern is out, and it's more closely between Vietnam and WWII.

Now, between Vietnam and V-Day, which seems more powerful? For me, it's obviously Vietnam. With the 'V' standing for Vietnam, you encapsulate the entirety of a war - a 20 year period (10 with US involvement). If 'V' meant V-Day, you're talking a single (yet inarguably important) day in history which doesn't hold the same weight to me.

If I were sitting in on the decision to call this V for V-Day, I feel like the common consensus would be, "We could do better than this, right?". Knowing DICE/EA and the work put into advertising and naming conventions - they'll go with what the average person would think of seeing 'V' which is Vietnam. While many people would associate V with V-Day given a WW2 game, I feel a significant amount (far far more than V for Vietnam) would not understand the reference - in which the clever 'V' situation would be for nothing.

• nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pleas no. Future is stupid and fake. WW2!
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if a cartoon shooter like Fortnite gives everyone the ability to create massive fortifications, entire buildings and ladders that get to the heavens, why can't Battlefield do just a tiny bit of that? hell, even Squad gives everyone a hand in what is essentially a meta game of Logistics with the ability to create F.O.Bs (Forward Operational Bases).

whether it's a simple shovel for the Assault class to give the ability to just dig a foxhole, the ability of the Support to plant barged wire or the ability for the Engineer to build tank traps and, fortify windows and doors and even some vehicles could deploy bridges. Battlefield fits perfectly for that, and even moreso since in late game has so much less cover, and some lanes are so choked and cut off- it would be great if you build it back for your team mates.

like Omar N. Bradley famous quote: "Amateurs study Tactics, Professionals study Logistics".

we have been destroying the battle fields of Battlefield for more than a decade- let us build them back!
  • A7XOGG
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Operations>rush. But that's just my opinion.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V=1950
    VV=1955
  • Shadders_X
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi,
    In other news - CoD Black Ops 4 has no single player and has a different online system :

"Health generation has changed and could prove to be more challenging. Though players will now have 150 health points rather than 100, their health will no longer automatically regenerate when they catch a break from being shot at. Now they’ll have to manually regenerate their health using health packs and there’ll be a time delay after you’ve used one so you can’t use another straight away. This is intended to encourage more tactical play and it’s likely that it’ll change the pace of multiplayer gameplay"

Seems that CoD Black Ops 4 is the new Battlefield.

Some people are not happy about no single player campaign.

Will BF5 just be a copy of CoD - verbatim, and garner the extra purchases from CoD fans who will not buy due to the single player aspect being dropped ???

Will EA/DICE promote this aspect profusely to ensure that dismayed CoD fans purchase BF5 ?

In fact, this is what the V means, it is that BF5 is 100% CoD copy, a pure VERBATIM of CoD.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
This discussion has been closed.