Weekly Debrief

Battlefield 2018

Comments

• trip1ex
    4773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is a mode from an old game called Joint Ops. Read about the battle of White Horse and then imagine this mode or something like it in Battlefield 2018.

In King of the Hill, your objective is to locate and enter a control zone, usually located in a spot between the two teams’ initial spawn point. Each team has a timer that starts counting up when that team has one or more soldiers within the zone; if either team manages to kill off every soldier from the opposing team that’s in the zone, then the opposing team will see their timer reset to zero. The first team that gets their timer up to a preset amount wins the round.

KOTH is survival of the fittest, essentially; the team that concentrates on getting inside the control zone and staying there will generally wind up the victor. Once you get into the zone, you can either become a hunter or a hider; hunters actively move about the zone, attempting to track down enemies and blow them away, while hiders simply hunker down in an out-of-the-way spot and try to prevent their team’s timer from getting reset. Both roles are necessary if your team wants to win, with hunters being perhaps a bit more critical, especially if your team has fallen behind in the timer race. But hiding is also a crucial role, and can be fairly rewarding on a personal level, as well, due to the fact that you gain points for the amount of time that you remain in the zone.
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    Just give the Medic the M1 and I'm ready to play

M1 with Thermoscope and Auto spotter.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    "never be the same" means randomly generated maps

But if the same map comes up again it will be

lol. randomly generated as in the same map is never the same because certain aspects of it are randomly generated. imagine if the same map had randomized flag locations every time and select randomized building locations and bunkers or aa locations and terrain slopes. so a map is never the same.
    Hi,
    It is difficult enough to get people to play the objective, so random flag positions will just create every mode being team death kill. On capture the flag, there are many times when people approach it as team death kill, which really makes for a worse game in that mode
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

i don't see it. it could confuse players as far as where is the flag now goes etc. But I don't think it's going to turn players who paid attention to flags into players who don't.

The reason to do this is to keep things fresh and not allow players to memorize maps and spots on the maps quite so easily.

But realistically this would be a pretty big advancement in tech and I wouldn't bet that it would happen in BF2018. I just have posted about the idea before and when I saw the tweet that "The Battlefield will never be the same" I couldn't help but regurgitate the random map idea.
    Hi,
    With the flags in set locations every map, then the guard points are known. When these flag locations change, it will require a much greater team cohesion.
    BF4 game players significantly lack team cohesion, since they copied CoD and the influx of the newer players don't play like the older games players.If they don't guard the weak points to protect the flag now, there is no chance they will suddenly play like a team to protect the flag if it dynamically changes with dynamically changing weak points. In fact - it seems that they don't even care about the weak points in BF4.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

No because it is canceled out by the same thing on the other side.

And again it's not suddenly going to turn players who play flags now into not playing them so what you said doesn't hold water. Memorization of maps isn't what keeps players playing flags and doing teamwork. All random maps does is put more emphasis on thinking on your feet instead of memorizing spots.
    Hi,
    I disagree, given that there are too many people already playing capture the flag, who don't play the objective. I can see your argument where both sides are at an equal disadvantage in determining where the flag is and how to defend or attack it.

If everyone was playing the objective, then yes, but many people play Locker only since they servers are full and play like team death match - there are swarms of players running about stuck on one flag in the middle of the map and the opposition has all others, and no attempt to secure flags from the spawn point to where they are located.

If you examine the servers - you will see that all Lockers maps are permanently full - sometimes have double digits of people waiting. There are many threads complaining about that most people concentrate on Locker.

If DICE/EA do implement dynamic flags, i think initially people will try to play the objective, but people will get bored with the extra strategic work which many just don't care about, and it will descend into team death match.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Are you trying to say that not enough people play objectives to bother with moving flags around? I can understand that pt of view.

But you could have just come out and said that in the first place. Instead we got 10 posts and 30 paragraphs. :) (Ok to be fair English isn't your first language from the looks of it so I will cut your some slack.)

However even if you don't play flags, the changing of flag positions will change the routes at which enemies take and where battles will happen and that keeps maps fresh and keeps players from just memorizing spots. Not to mention that moving flags around is only part of randomizing maps. And the pt of randomizing maps isn't to make players play objectives more.

Totally agree
  • DrunkwoIf
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    All I want from BF2018 is BF3 gunplay, BF4 vehicles and no bullet deviation from suppression. Oh, and working netcode.

Will I get this? Probably not.

You want vehicles that all have lockon systems and auto regen outside of combat. Yeah that’s what I want in my next game.
    I don't like lock-ons myself (look at my post history on the old forums for proof of that) but other than that I really liked the vehicle play in BF4.

Still don't know why people get their knickers in a twist over auto-regen. If Infantry can do it why shouldn't vehicles be able to?

auto-regen is something that has really hurt the team play in BF games. nothing should have magic healing thats what medics and mechanics are for.
  • Snowcakeflakes
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Veterans and rookies and newbies enjoyed the funny fun words,looks of characters,maps,leveling,weather change,and modes. I can’t believe hardline was stand alone game. Please stop making too much same mode like conquest and stick to huge conquest,hard mode call it veteran, easy mode call newbies. Leveling put more small buildings full accessible than huge buildings for total destruction like bfbc2. Fort nite got a limited thanos mode maybe you can side a Dino mode with a huge boss a bunch of small Dino’s.. water Dino boss,air,forest,desert with 32-64 players/squads limited time test. Thank you
  • NidzoTheBOSS
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Does anyone want a battlefield with absolutely no microtransactions or paid DLC? Not even cosmetics.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10875 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Premium or get out.

I don’t care about micros. If people want to spend money on them, enter the shrug emoji here.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone want a battlefield with absolutely no microtransactions or paid DLC? Not even cosmetics.

So you want just a base game with even less because??

Feel free to play old titles that never even got an update after they hit the shelfs.
  • Scruffy_McGuffy
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So... free dlc, completely for free, we'd pay $60 for what used to cost $110, and they wouldn't be able to get another cent?

This is realistic to you?
  • cheif_big_clouds
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only premium too
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Auto heal is something really bad and it comes from COD. People would have to play more as a team if it would go away.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would love a Bad Co 3, but rumor has it that DICE LA is working on it and, if that's true, then I fully expect them to ruin the series for me. I really wish EA would take DICE LA off of Battlefield completely.

And no dino mode. That's stupid and for 5 year olds.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10875 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Auto heal is something really bad and it comes from COD. People would have to play more as a team if it would go away.

Auto heal was around well before cod.
  • herodes87
    In which BF?
  • Fleetwood1987
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    These BR games are popular because they are free, it's just the latest trend but that doesn't mean it fits everywhere.
  • TEKNOCODE
    In which BF?
    I wasn’t talking about bf.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Auto heal was around well before cod.

Yup like I stated before has been around since the 80s.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why do people associate CoD with negative things? CoD is king. Get over it!!
  • xpixelbullyx
    1643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Another silly idea. We know they make boat loads off initial release but without DLC we'd get a few maps at best.

Like overwatch, and they made all their dough on loot boxes, drop a map every 6 months. No thanks. I'll pay for quality any day. Anyone who can't afford DLC shouldn't be playing anyway. Gaming isnt exactly a cheap hobby. Unless you play only 1 game.
  • trip1ex
    4773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    yeah can't forget the possibility that it has a VR mode of some sort.
This discussion has been closed.