Battlefield 2018

Comments

• HawkeyeAM47
    1364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13863 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • Toxic_CA
    929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just dont see that animatiom being apart of multiplayer. If they couldnt include the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ takedown animations from bf3 alpha why would that be in multiplayer?

I have 3 theories about the game
    1. Its ww2
    2. Its wolfenstien esque where its a altermate reality
    3. Dice throws a curveball and its muliple eras
  • leeroynorth
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remember biggles adventures in time.
    Multiple eras confirmed.

No source.....
  • Professor_RAWR
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Another copy and paste like BF Hardline was after BF4. Very disappointed it is not a Current Day BF5 that everyone wants. Well, when nobody buys BF5 like BF Hardline will EA DICE ever Listen and Learn?

You know..... you can say that the same thing that battlefield 4 is a copy/paste of battlefield 3....

Just saying.....
  • Professor_RAWR
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm kinda surprised how people are still wanting a modern battlefield game yet there's....

Battlefield 2, Bad Company, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, battlefield 4, and Hardline.... and literally most of those games are still ACTIVE atm.

If BFV was always modern (which many want), then other will complain that the series are making the SAME games every year just like COD on future genre until WW2.

At least enjoy the different settings/change for once....
  • Imcrine
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm kinda surprised how people are still wanting a modern battlefield game yet there's....

Battlefield 2, Bad Company, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, battlefield 4, and Hardline.... and literally most of those games are still ACTIVE atm.

If BFV was always modern (which many want), then other will complain that the series are making the SAME games every year just like COD on future genre until WW2.

every game after BF3 (which is the best modern bf game btw) has been a reskin
  • trip1ex
    5106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Ok, I think i figured the teaser out. This is just a small segment we are seeing of the full trailer.

Gammeldansken just spawned in and will counter takedown the player taking down (kt0n).

The reason I say this is because if you look at the minimap, you will see the green dot moving towards the white dot.

Edit after looking at the way the sky is blue it could also be casablanca, but is just an imaginative guess and not grounded on reality or the plot of the 12s teaser.

I also think there is subtle hint towards 1942, since the gun ammo is 19 for some odd reason. I can't find the reference that should be 42 but I think someone will find it if they look hard enough. I don't think that is pure coincidental. Dice not make coincidences in their trailers.

The score of the game is 279-308 when the time is 10:03. Subtract 279 from 308 and you get 29 and add 10 (minutes) and then 3 (seconds) and you get 42. lol.
  • wsupchris1222444
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

People want a fun game to play, seeing as these games set in ww1 and ww2 as of late have not been fun to many people they want modern times because bf3 and bf4 were modern and they were fun. I'm in that boat too, I was hoping for a modern game or a Vietnam game.

And to the reason why people want those instead of going back to play those older games is because they're outdated and not very populated. Those games have also been played for a long time so they want a new game to play and master.
  • olT3lo
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    Dedicated servers this time?
    If not, i'm skipping this one as well. Anyone have any insights?
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So badmins, stupid server rules and favours of clan members can rise again? No thank you.
  • frankbama
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This will be the determining factor for me buying BF V. Also, will they give control back to the rented servers.
  • olT3lo
    edited May 2018
    So badmins, stupid server rules and favours of clan members can rise again? No thank you.

More like, server that is monitored, maintained and creates community. Servers like you are talking about don't stay popular very long.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olT3lo wrote: »

Goofy comment will be ignored.

Eveyone who has different opinion must be wrong and ignored. I like that logic quite a lot.
  • olT3lo
    edited May 2018
    Removed that line before you posted, but that's ok. Anyway, yeah, I know opinions like yours, and a lot of us don't agree. Of course, most of those people are gone and now you have BF games that don't remain popular or populated like they used to when people connected to communities, not random servers full of strangers. Unfortunately the console mentality has taken the life out of this series.
    Post edited by olT3lo on
  • Blackidus
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018

People want a fun game to play, seeing as these games set in ww1 and ww2 as of late have not been fun to many people they want modern times because bf3 and bf4 were modern and they were fun. I'm in that boat too, I was hoping for a modern game or a Vietnam game.

And to the reason why people want those instead of going back to play those older games is because they're outdated and not very populated. Those games have also been played for a long time so they want a new game to play and master.

So you are saying that just because other developers has not succeded in making good WW2 games this will suck to? You cant decide that before even seeing the game.

And modern game does not allways equal a fun game, BF4 whas the worst in the series for me. Got really tired of getting killed by dumb gadgets like rc planes from across the map. And we have a lot more modern era BF games than we have historical so i´m really happy with this.

And those older modern era games still has a playerbase, i went back and played Bad Company 2 just a few weeks ago with many servers to choose from.
  • StarscreamUK
    7442 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    It hasn't been revealed yet, once revealed then more information will come forwards.

Moving to off topic
  • ckincbloodmoney
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I assume V for Victory means both better anti-cheat and power back to rented servers...

we can only hope
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V or 2 WW2
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    olT3lo wrote: »
    Removed that line before you posted, but that's ok. Anyway, yeah, I know opinions like yours, and a lot of us don't agree. Of course, most of those people are gone and now you have BF games that don't remain popular or populated like they used to when people connected to communities, not random servers full of strangers. Unfortunately the console mentality has taken the life out of this series.

But your statement has one significant flaw. All decent bf communities still have bf1 servers up and running.
    All limitations removed only those clans and groups who intended to limit players' ways of playing the game. Which is a good thing because let's be honest here server owners only need options to kick/ban and install any possible map rotations. Everything else is pointless and stupid tbh.
This discussion has been closed.