Please for the love of god get rid of the stupid loot crates

sizzlinghorse9
42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I don't know about everyone else, but I think the random loot crate system is overplayed by games these days.

They can get creative and figure out a new way to unlock stuff, or go back to having little side missions which I thought were cool. It was nice to have to master little things here and there to unlock something. Though I think it's unfair some of the weapons were from DLC's, those should sell themselves.... letting people use weapons on any map for purchasing DLC is a lazy money grab.

But just randomly getting stuff out of a crate with some people barely playing a game and getting a rare item oppose to a die hard fan playing and getting duplicates is crazy.

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But just randomly getting stuff out of a crate with some people barely playing a game and getting a rare item oppose to a die hard fan playing and getting duplicates is crazy.
    If people like you didn’t care about this ^, then lootcrates wouldn’t be a thing. Yet, here we are.
  • sizzlinghorse9
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    If people like you didn’t care about this ^, then lootcrates wouldn’t be a thing. Yet, here we are.

Oh man, I'm so sorry dude. You're totally right, I made loot crates. Excellent point, I'm so sorry.

How could I be so selfish to want to unlock stuff in a game.....

I'm going to think long and hard about my actions.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018

Oh man, I'm so sorry dude. You're totally right, I made loot crates. Excellent point, I'm so sorry.

I hope that lootcrates are in every game. It’s amazing to see people complain about premium, yet spend money on cosmetics.
    Post edited by TEKNOCODE on
  • sizzlinghorse9

I hope that lootcrates are in every game. Its amazing to see people complain about premium, yet spend money on cosmetics.

Yea, I just said neither should be the case. I don't buy loot crates and I rarely get premium.

Just posting my opinion, nice troll attempt though dude.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I hope that lootcrates are in every game. Its amazing to see people complain about premium, yet spend money on cosmetics.

Exactly. Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase lootboxes and those cosmetics have 0 impact on the game yet people are keep crying and crying like it's the worst thing in the world.
  • sizzlinghorse9

Exactly. Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase lootboxes and those cosmetics have 0 impact on the game yet people are keep crying and crying like it's the worst thing in the world.

Nobody is crying, just seeing the trend EA is going on to milk everything they can out of franchises with loyal player bases.

Look what happened to Battlefront, that wasn't just cosmetic. If it stays cosmetic in BF then it's not really a big deal, but with the next game looking like WWII, that leaves more to be unlocked IMO, BF1 was a little bare with loadouts, I doubt that will be the case in BFV.
  • TEKNOCODE

Nobody is crying, just seeing the trend EA is going on to milk everything they can out of franchises with loyal player bases.

Look what happened to Battlefront, that wasn't just cosmetic. If it stays cosmetic in BF then it's not really a big deal, but with the next game looking like WWII, that leaves more to be unlocked IMO, BF1 was a little bare with loadouts, I doubt that will be the case in BFV.
    Bf1 has plenty of loadouts.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let's be clear, these are not loot crates, they are skin crates.(at least I'm not gonna sit here and call weapon camos loot) It's bling for your guns. You're not unlocking any guns. You don't have to pay money to unlock these, they can be earned by simply playing the game. So what exactly is your issue?
  • sizzlinghorse9
    Let's be clear, these are not loot crates, they are skin crates

So what exactly is your issue?

Excellent points, they'd be even better had I not already acknowledged that they were cosmetic.

I also pointed out how EA is trending and examples they have done in other games, the whole point is they could be non cosmetic if they keep using this model.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would certainly hope EA/DICE wouldn't be so bold to move to actual weapons/gadgets/things to be unlocked hidden away in lootcrates that you either have to grind for or pay real life $ for.

I would hope they wouldn't be so bold, and could forsee that the community at large would come unglued with the outrage.
  • The_Flngersmith
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its amazing to see people complain about premium, yet spend money on cosmetics.
    Quote of the day, we have a thinking man right here.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let's be clear, these are not loot crates, they are skin crates

So what exactly is your issue?

Excellent points, they'd be even better had I not already acknowledged that they were cosmetic.

I also pointed out how EA is trending and examples they have done in other games, the whole point is they could be non cosmetic if they keep using this model.

Who cares? It's simple, buy them or don't buy them lol. The amount of complaining everywhere, not just here, about crates blows my mind. Nothing in crates even in call of duty is so good that you have to have it. So if someone wants to spend 200 bucks trying to get some special gun out of one go for it. If you don't like them don't buy them. As long as the game is quality I could care less if there are micro transactions in the game
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They will be in BFV.

And to be honest, I'd be totally fine with it IF:

a) They are cosmetic only
    b) It means no Premium.